J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Pull & Dip Tower & Punch Bag Station

Hey guys!

A little bit about me:
    So last year i injured my rotator cuff during a Ju-Jitsu bout, Tearing ligaments in my rotator cuff. Later on during the year due to being an idiot and rushing my rehab, i injured it again and tore my anterior deltoid this time during bench press. Since then i have taken adequate time off and even qualified as a personal trainer with YMCA-fit here in the UK. I've been researching and trying out various training techniques and gone back to my martial arts roots using a lot of body-weight and so on.

regardless of price as i've got a good amount saved up right now, I'm looking into purchasing a pullup/dip tower with a punch back hook. My walls are no way strong enough to hang my 30kg/60lbs heavy bag directly onto the wall so i have been looking into these stands and came across the combination of a stand and pullup/dip bars.

My question to you is, do you think this particular model i have found, is worthy of holding my 84kg body-weight for the pullups and dips side of things. And furthermore, will it hold a 30kg heavy bag? I don't want to waste £200 only for this thing to break!

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlast-Pow...0962576&sr=1-6

If anyone has any other products they would recommend, please do link them. Additionally give me your thoughts/experiences with this type of equipment. I'm not going to be lifting heavy weight for the rest of the year, i have far too many injuries from mma/kickboxing at my age especially, and am just looking to maintain a healthy level of exercise. If i do lift, it's going to be lower-body. Back Squats/Dead-lifts at my neighbors, he's kind enough to let me use his power rack.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by J9S3; 06-29-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    *** Pull Up Crew ***
    *Official Lettuce Relish In Likes crew*
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆
    <¬ Extreme Callisthenics ¬>

Muay Thai, K1-rules Kickboxing

Personal Trainer. YMCA-fit cert. (CYQ)

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The listing states that it will hold a 100lb heavy bag, so that 60lb one wont be an issue (except that I personally think it is too light for you).
    Im sure the pullup/dip station will hold your weight as well (read the reviews on amazon), although I think the quality of this particular one that you linked is a little low and I am not crazy about the design.

That said, it may exactly what you are looking for.
    Lots of info on boxing equipment in this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126935113
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    The listing states that it will hold a 100lb heavy bag, so that 60lb one wont be an issue (except that I personally think it is too light for you).
    Im sure the pullup/dip station will hold your weight as well (read the reviews on amazon), although I think the quality of this particular one that you linked is a little low and I am not crazy about the design.

That said, it may exactly what you are looking for.
    Lots of info on boxing equipment in this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126935113
    Cheers for response mate!

Yeah 60lbs bit light i agree, but a my old boxing gym was clearing old stuff out and i thought i'd take it, can always get a heavier one

Completely missed the part where it says 100lbs so thats good to hear!

Thanks for the link, i'll read through it now!

small reps, thanks for help
    *** Pull Up Crew ***
    *Official Lettuce Relish In Likes crew*
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆
    <¬ Extreme Callisthenics ¬>

Muay Thai, K1-rules Kickboxing

Personal Trainer. YMCA-fit cert. (CYQ)

liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One thing you want to ensure is that once hanging your heavy bag doessnt sit too low. Taking into account the length of your chains as well.
    By this im meaning that you can throw head shots without your fist being overly close to the top of the bag or where the chains join it. At 6 foot tall this may be an issue as I have checked out a few 'all in one' boxing/chin stands and have found the hooks a little low once the bag is on. And I am 4 inches shorter than you. Also note that in one of the reviews a buyer stated that the bar comes a bit close to the bag re kicking, although I dont know if you want to use kicks or not. I know the product of off Amazon but would be good just to check it out if possible in a store.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    These frames are horrible to use. They are far too light and flimsey for thier intended purpose. Unless you pull your punches/kicks you will be chasing it around the room. This can be overcome a little if you weigh it down but the stresses involves with a swinging bag will eventually break the thin steel frame. Look on ebay and you will see loads of people selling them cheap for these very reasons.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()