Justyn92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please Help!!! BF% Estimate!!

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site and I could really use all your help! I started lifting seriously a year ago on a dirty bulk (mostly unsuccesful), went from 140-180) and gained to much fat. I just finished my 3 month p90x cut and I did notice a little bit of lbm gain from my bulk but not much
    I have a few amateur pics that I just uploaded from today and I'd like to get a BF% estimate/evaluation (can smell the hate already lol). I am trying to cut down until a get a full visible six pack w/o flexing (if possible) and then follow a clean bulk/smaller cuts as my new life style. I know many of you would say that I should probably bulk after you see the pics but I'd really like to get as lean a possible and build up from there.
    I must warn you: DON'T expect even a decent body!! I know I'm lacking in a lot of areas and I'm even ashamed of posting them up but I know it will greatly help me achieve my goal.

Stats: height: 6'2"
    weight: 148.8lbs (today, morning, empty stomach)
    bf% according to omron BIA: error (supposedly means <4%) way to low imo
    bf% according to digital scale: 21.7% way to high imo

Also I'd appreciate it if anyone would be willing to look over my diet (will post if someone is willing). Will rep of course Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes and helps. Since I'm new I can't post links due to post count so please go to my bodyspace gallery for photos, or if there is another way to post pics please lmk, thanks

Edit: Uploaded pic from yesterday (post p90x fit test). Also i weighed in at 149.4 this morning even though I'm on a deficit o.O. could it be the higher carbs retaining water??
    Last edited by Justyn92; 06-29-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Burn170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burn170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burn170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know you have said you want to continue to cut but if you do you will have hardly anything left, you need to bulk NOW if you have a good long (6 months min) bulk then a decent cut you will be alot happier with the results, there is no point in having a six pack with nothing else to go with it dude and if you cut any further you will look sickly thin

p.s if you upload your pic to your profile pic you may get more responses
    CEDE NULLIS (Yield to None)

Originally Posted by Burn170 View Post
    i know you have said you want to continue to cut but if you do you will have hardly anything left, you need to bulk NOW if you have a good long (6 months min) bulk then a decent cut you will be alot happier with the results, there is no point in having a six pack with nothing else to go with it dude and if you cut any further you will look sickly thin

p.s if you upload your pic to your profile pic you may get more responses
    Thanks Burn, I have a profile pic up now, could I get a BF% estimate anyways? As for the bulking up I might start after my camping trip in 2 weeks BTW what would u suggest for a bulk program assuming I do 6month minimum? I wanted to do a 5x5 strength program (clean bulking - 250-300 above maintenance) but there are so many I'm not sure which 5x5 would best suite me...Or there is hypertrophy leaned more towards mass (obviously lol) too. I want to do the 5x5 more and then when I'm strong enough follow it up with a mass program. What would u recommend for my next bulk? No dirty bulk that's for sure tho

Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just took a look at your profile pic really quick, and I'd estimate it around 10-12%.
    Follow my blog at:

http://www.byggarebjorn.com/

Originally Posted by Byggarebjorn View Post
    I just took a look at your profile pic really quick, and I'd estimate it around 10-12%.
    thanks, would u mind taking a look at my gallery pics on my body space for a more accurate estimate? also would u say it's a good idea for me to cut down to 6%ish and clean bulk from there?? I've always wanted a six pack since I started lifting so it would be a great accomplishment for me and i think it would really help boost my low self esteem.

Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000) Dano85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Justyn92 View Post
    thanks, would u mind taking a look at my gallery pics on my body space for a more accurate estimate? also would u say it's a good idea for me to cut down to 6%ish and clean bulk from there?? I've always wanted a six pack since I started lifting so it would be a great accomplishment for me and i think it would really help boost my low self esteem.
    at 6'2 148 pounds....there is no 6% for you, clean bulk and grow into your frame.....i think that would be much better then cutting down to what i can only imagine would be an emaciated 140lbs....

Originally Posted by Dano85 View Post
    at 6'2 148 pounds....there is no 6% for you, clean bulk and grow into your frame.....i think that would be much better then cutting down to what i can only imagine would be an emaciated 140lbs....
    i understand this dano but i want to start off a new life style of clean bulking with as little fat as i can and i dont need to start bulking til september and since im close why not just go for it? in the long run i think this will be better. also i've stalled my fat loss and cant go below 148 for some reason. what could be the cause? thanks for the reply and i'm not trying to be rude but i completely understand what you are saying and i agree but i'd like to hit my goal of a six pack since i'm closer to that than my bulking goals.

Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Byggarebjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah after looking at that, like just below 10%ish? Really hard to estimate just like this you know... If you dont wanna start bulk until september, you can always aim for maintaining your current weight. Because to be honest, you'd just look skinny if you cut even more.
    Follow my blog at:

http://www.byggarebjorn.com/

mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdp223 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say ~10%

In agreement with other Miscers. need to dat der bulk

Originally Posted by Byggarebjorn View Post
    Yeah after looking at that, like just below 10%ish? Really hard to estimate just like this you know... If you dont wanna start bulk until september, you can always aim for maintaining your current weight. Because to be honest, you'd just look skinny if you cut even more.
    i have a camping trip in 2 weeks so when i come back from that i think i will start my bulk. like a commented above to someone, what bulk would be the best approach for my goal? the 5x5 strength or a mass program? how would i choose a good program from those, there are so many variations of each. I've never done any of those I just always lifted in the 6-12 range

Originally Posted by mdp223 View Post
    I'd say ~10%

In agreement with other Miscers. need to dat der bulk
    yeah i'll be doing that after my camping trip. any suggestions and how to go about my diet while i'm out camping? it's a family trip and i wont be able to bring all the food i normally eat everyday lol

RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to be exactly where you are dude. I was 24 6'2 and about 145lb. Then I started training mma, I did kickboxing and BJJ 6 days a week ate about 1200 calories of mutant mass plus every kind of food I could get a hold of. I didnt worry about cutting or bf% or anything like that I was just trying to get into shape and i made it up to a fairly lean 165-170 lbs in about 8 months. I was eating anywhere from 3-5000 cal a day but I was also doing 2-3 hours of hardcore fight training at the same time.

Originally Posted by RyanSten View Post
    I used to be exactly where you are dude. I was 24 6'2 and about 145lb. Then I started training mma, I did kickboxing and BJJ 6 days a week ate about 1200 calories of mutant mass plus every kind of food I could get a hold of. I didnt worry about cutting or bf% or anything like that I was just trying to get into shape and i made it up to a fairly lean 165-170 lbs in about 8 months. I was eating anywhere from 3-5000 cal a day but I was also doing 2-3 hours of hardcore fight training at the same time.
    BJJ? great job dude! but i dont think i could handle that psychologically, especially after my fail dirty bulk last year. not trying to take away from ur success but i just think it's not meant for ppl like me.
    i plan to start 5x5 clean bulking and see how that works out for me. i'll keep u informed on my progress. in the end its how much effort u put into it and how much drive u have that will yield results. as long as u stick to a good plan u will see results

RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BJJ?
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Originally Posted by RyanSten View Post
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    ahh, sounds intense!! hahahaa