katbrandi28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help with losing last bit of fat off of legs! WHAT ELSE CAN I DO??

Ok, so I had two kids basically back to back. I have worked out or exercised for years but never any weight training until the past 5 years. If you were to see a picture of me stomach up you would say she is pretty muscular or toned (not as much as I want) but if you looked at my legs you would think I didn't do anything AT ALL. I have cellulite like crazy. I drink water and eat pretty healthy. I take fat burners and I also take supplements such as: L-carnitine, 5HTP, Fish oil, and other supplements. I train legs by completing plyo exercises and I also lift weights (squats, walking lunges with weight, curtsy lunges, reverse lunges, etc...) and nothing! My legs are much smaller than probably they have ever been in my life. I have always had a weight problem that I have fought since I was 13. It is part genetics but I decided not to let that be an excuse. My stats: 5'1, 131 pounds, and 36 years old. I am trying to get to 120-125. Recently, though all I crave is sweets and I have been battling this at night. However, I am not sure what else to do to get this fat off my legs. I decided to start training legs twice a week. One workout consists of plyo exercises along with box step ups, curtsy lunges, and weighted squats (Tuesday). Second workout consists of (heavy 6-8 reps 3x) barbell squats, barbell reverse lunges, one leg squats, reverse lunges and walking lunges with 10 pounds each (Thursday). Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated!!!

msd483 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I can't share links, but google cellulite to get an idea of what it actually is. It's more about the connective tissue, not fat; even skinny people can have cellulite, although fat does make it look worse.

As for the rest of the weight loss you want, it's all about diet. Working out does surprisingly little compared to diet (but definitely don't stop). I'd head over to the nutrition section.
    If you want any workout routine help, feel free to request it, you're missing important lifts. But that's more for muscle gain than weight-loss, although it could help.

ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd get your body fat percentage measured. Maybe you store more fat in your legs? Some girls it's the ass. Everyone is different. So even if your stomach looks a lot better, you could still have more fat than your body needs. If you want to drop further, then think about calories in vs calories out. You need a deficit to drop weight, and diet is one way, exercise another. Sweets are not going to fill you up much, but are way high in calories, so it's a poor value choice of food imo. On a deficit you will be hungry, so ask yourself, how hungry do you want to be? Make sure to get enough protein if you don't want to lose your muscle (and strength) otherwise your body will be forced to breakdown the muscle for it's protein needs.

And if the thought of not eating sweets makes you unhappy, maybe decide what makes you more unhappy. Not eating sweets, or not losing fat on your legs? Of course the odd cheat day is ok if you do decide to cut down on the sweets!

Yes, I really think it is my diet. Now when I say I crave sweets I don't eat a lot of sweets but I do have banana with dark chocolate PB or I buy frozen yogurt. It's not candy bars or anything like that. I understand that cellulite has a lot to do with genetics and I now exactly who I got it from. I will look at the nutrition section because that has been my biggest downfall so far. I have lost 40 to 50 pounds with both kids so I am not disappointed but I feel as much as I put into the working out and exercising I should see more results. I know it's not going to happen overnight either. I have battled the weight my entire life. I really try to help as healthy as possible and watch my calories in vs. calories out. I really appreciate your comments and suggestions! I will definitely head over to the nutrition section and see what I can incorporate.
    Originally Posted by msd483 View Post
    I can't share links, but google cellulite to get an idea of what it actually is. It's more about the connective tissue, not fat; even skinny people can have cellulite, although fat does make it look worse.

As for the rest of the weight loss you want, it's all about diet. Working out does surprisingly little compared to diet (but definitely don't stop). I'd head over to the nutrition section.
    If you want any workout routine help, feel free to request it, you're missing important lifts. But that's more for muscle gain than weight-loss, although it could help.

Thanks!! That is another thing I don't get is enough protein. I have been trying to eat more vegetables but it seems as if I can't bring myself to eat the green leafy vegetables I need. It's like my body instantly craves the carbs or sugar from some reason and I am wondering if there is something missing or contributing to these cravings. I think not losing the fat on the legs makes unhappier so the sweets will have to go! Thank you for the advice and tips!!

Originally Posted by ravingmad View Post
    I'd get your body fat percentage measured. Maybe you store more fat in your legs? Some girls it's the ass. Everyone is different. So even if your stomach looks a lot better, you could still have more fat than your body needs. If you want to drop further, then think about calories in vs calories out. You need a deficit to drop weight, and diet is one way, exercise another. Sweets are not going to fill you up much, but are way high in calories, so it's a poor value choice of food imo. On a deficit you will be hungry, so ask yourself, how hungry do you want to be? Make sure to get enough protein if you don't want to lose your muscle (and strength) otherwise your body will be forced to breakdown the muscle for it's protein needs.

And if the thought of not eating sweets makes you unhappy, maybe decide what makes you more unhappy. Not eating sweets, or not losing fat on your legs? Of course the odd cheat day is ok if you do decide to cut down on the sweets!

ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000) ravingmad is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Low GI" foods fill you up better. Should help with cravings.

Just be careful you don't get too small lol. The anorexic look is disgusting. Fitness models look so much better. GL!

Spencar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stick to squats 3-5 sets x 5-8 twice a week

Originally Posted by ravingmad View Post
    "Low GI" foods fill you up better. Should help with cravings.

Just be careful you don't get too small lol. The anorexic look is disgusting. Fitness models look so much better. GL!
    I have been looking at that diet bc of my father-n-law. He has diabetes and his doctor just started him on it. I was trying to find some decent foods or snacks for him to eat as well as recipes.

Thanks! I really don't think I will ever have to worry about looking anorexic....just not in my genetics. Wouldn't want to anyhow!

Originally Posted by Spencar View Post
    Stick to squats 3-5 sets x 5-8 twice a week
    I decided to train legs twice a week. One day with plyo exercises along with lunges and squats. The other day will be weights (barbell, etc.) Will see! Thanks for all the tips guys!