Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Zoroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Whats the best rep/set range for ectomorphs ?

There is so much information out about best rep and set range for ectomorphs.

Many contradicting each other...

But what is the right way to get most hypertrophy if your an ectomorph ?

Im 5,11 and weight 168 pounds...

started training 3 years ago with 140 pounds

first year gained 15 ponds next year 12 ...

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If those gains are all muscle then you have done OK already. That said, ****totypes are crap and have no bearing on much of anything much less on what rep range would work best. Do a proper routine for your conditioning\recovery ability and eat food.
    The floundering has ended.

ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You'll get there if you follow these easy rules

Welcome to my World! 174lbs, 5'11, 32 yrs old, ectomorph big time, been pushing iron and playing sports for a few years already.

I bet the answers you'll get will be:

1) Start a full body workout 3x a week. Either do SS (Starting Strength) or AP (All Pro's). Both of them can be found in the stickies.
    2) Stop doing cardio unless your cardiologist forces you to do some.
    3) EAT MORE (see the stickies in the nutrition section by Emma on calculating your macros and total caloric intake). I thought I was eating enough but no, in order to bulk you need to eat until you want to puke. That's the only way for me to meet my required caloric intake to bulk.

Hopefully we'll both get results training that way! Good luck!

ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftmfw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMO, 5x5 followed by machines for 3 sets of 7~10 reps
    you want to use a 5x5 to gain good strength and finish off with machines to fully tear those muscles

I suggest the BillStar 5x5 or Madcow 5x5
    and plan it so you do a different muscle group of machines on each day. Example, Monday would be 5x5 for squat, bench, row and so i'd probably choose additional chest exercises
    Wednesday - additional back exercises
    Friday - additional leg exercises
    The number of machines you do after the 5x5 is up to you, just try to stay in 7~10 good reps range on a particular muscle group. You can also do arms after the 5x5.

the reason you want 5x5 for strength is because lifting weak for volume wont get you much results. So you want to constantly progress towards heavier weights when doing 7~10 reps

I hope this helps

bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubbyau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Any rep range will work. Just use a range that you aren't currently using. Use that range until you stall. Then try another one. Keep doing this forever or until you find the ones that you like the most.