brb... lifting :D Midnight_Lifter's Avatar
    Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Midnight_Lifter's Applied Nutriceuticals Drive/RPM mini-log and review

First off - huge thanks to Vitruvian, drooks10, Black_Label, and the entire crew in the AppNuthouse for including me in the give-away. As stated in my entry post, I have been out of the lifting and supplement scene for a while and am working my way back in.

My main focus for the review is to report on what I experience with Drive and with RPM in the following areas:
    - Energy
    - Endurance
    - Focus
    - Strength
    - Performance
    ... and any additional thoughts and notes along the way. (This minimum is what Vit asked, so that is what I will deliver. We might just see a little additional commentary and probably a few questions thrown in, so please bear with the mini-log if it gets a little bit off-topic.)

So - we were sent a 'believer bottle' (25 caps) of both RPM and Drive (or get the exact same believer bottle stack here).

At 200-205 lbs bodyweight, I am taking 3 caps Drive upon waking and 3 caps Drive + 3 caps RPM about an hour pre-workout.

Why?
    Originally Posted by RPM product write-up
    RPM the an effective anabolic pre-workout in a capsule. When it was originally launched, it pioneered a new trend in natural supplements...the P-SARM (Phytochemical Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator). RPM is a one of a kind formula that combines those benefits plus gives you explosive energy, crisp mental focus, noticeable strength increases - all while promoting insane pumps and volume!*
    and because
    Originally Posted by Drive product write-up
    Drive is a versatile performance-enhancing sport supplement.* In fact, it does so much, it's impossible to categorize in one, or even two or three product categories. Originally conceived to be a stimulant-free pre-workout, it "grew legs" during the development phase and became so much more. Drive creates an extremely anabolic environment through a variety of different bio-chemical mechanisms, including cGMP and cAMP synergism, increased thyroid activity and SHBG inhibition, and promotion of luteninizing hormone activity, just to name a few.*
    I started Drive/RPM on Monday (yesterday) and this will last me through Friday, at which time I will do a wrap-up post and final comments. This log and review is a little bit different than other reviews in the sense that I am not looking for huge strength gains or a ridiculous increase in energy... I stumbled across the opportunity to try this stack out when I hit the board looking to see what is out there currently in the adaptogen and "tonic" supplement area -- something that would support performance gains, provide a mild energy boost, help to improve concentration and focus, and perhaps aid in recovery and support fat metabolism to some degree.
    ... and that is what Drive brings to the equation.

As my screen name implies, I often find myself fitting my workouts in later in the evening and appreciate a slight energy and focus boost from my supplements, but not something that is going to be an over-stimulant and disturb my sleep. I've used both RPM and Drive in the past and never found either to interfere with my ability to get to sleep, but one of the things I am looking to get out of this review is a better feel for where I can fit RPM in along with Drive as I start to increase my intensity and start lifting with heavier weights again.

Part of my review will be an assessment based on those two concepts.

Please post any comments and questions along the way, especially if you can comment on your experience with some of the more esoteric aspects of these great supplements. We all can feel and describe an energy rush or huge pumps, but comments on those other aspects mentioned above are greatly appreciated and will help round out the review with others' input...

And with that, let the fun begin!

Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The believer bottle gives me about 4 days of Drive and a little more of RPM, but due to the way I started taking them this mini-log will span 5 days. I will post up thoughts for each day and a final review at the end.

Day 1: Monday - I took 2 RPM and 3 Drive about 45 min prior to my workout and "watched" for anything to comment on for this log. Being the first day, it was still a little early to tell, but I figure I'd do 3 RPM for the remainder of the log
    As for energy and endurance, I would say maybe a mild increase in energy and focus compared to the past week's workouts.

Day 2: Tuesday - 3 Drive in the AM then 3 Drive + 3 RPM about an hour pre-workout. I laid down with the wife for a few minutes before getting up to work out which is often a dicey proposition at best as I frequently the fall asleep when I do that. I wouldn't say the RPM "kept me awake" like a caffeine rush or really strong stims, but I would definitely credit it for wanting to - and being able to - get up and get to it. (Partially because I was NOT going to skip out on Day Two but also because it's doing its thing...)
    Focus and energy during my workout was better than it's been when compared with the past week or so, and I look forward to seeing if this deepens over the next few days. It's subtle, but sometimes it's the little things that help get you in the zone...

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good start to the review, man. I think you will definitely benefit more from 3 rpm compared to 2 pre-workout. Try to take them on an empty stomach if possible. I know that will be difficult being that you workout at night....maybe space them at least an hour after a meal though.

You had me lulzing at your comment, "laid down with the wife for a few minutes...." I thought you were about to talk about some other benefits of the stack! Haha.

I'm very interested to see what you think of the stack by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions.

David
    Team APPNUT

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post

You had me lulzing at your comment, "laid down with the wife for a few minutes...." I thought you were about to talk about some other benefits of the stack! Haha.
    I thought he was getting the libido effects already too hahah. For Drive dose on a super empty stomach for some libido/endurance =|

As with what David said empty stomach is pretty key with AppNut stuff since their are caps. Drive I like to keep by the bed with water and when I roll over take it. That is more for a 2 a day dosing scheme.

2 other things I notice different with RPM is the energy type and aggression in the the gym. Drive is very subtle sometimes so you may need to pay extra attention there.

Chris
    Team AppNut
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„

Thanks for stopping buy guys. Chris got some greenz but that drooks10 character... here's what happened:
    Originally Posted by forumcawkblocker
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to drooks10 again.
    Sorry bro... LOL...

Anyway, that's not the focus of this log. Just a little "color commentary" (get it? I'm on a roll this morning for sure... better roll on out of here!)

The morning Drive is on an empty stomach. I typically eat around 6-7 pm then work out around 10 or 11. I should be eating lighter meals through the end of the week as well which definitely helps with the "empty" stomach thing.

Updates later...

MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000)
    innn
    Back from exile . Please no Autograph requests.

Early workout, early bed.

I think the Drive went straight to my calves... been feeling swole all day! More update tomorrow. Need sleep.

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
    Early workout, early bed.

I think the Drive went straight to my calves... been feeling swole all day! More update tomorrow. Need sleep.
    Looking forward to the update. It's all good about the "reps-on-spread." You can just hit me up later. Haha! Hope you have a fantastic Thursday!

David
    Team APPNUT

I have to admit I am quite surprised at how quickly this mini-stack kicks in... I always thought the 25-count size was risky with a product like Drive as the effects are additive and cumulative, but I am impressed with this so far.

One more workout tonight and I am done with the Drive, so a final review will be up shortly thereafter.
    Taking the wife out for dinner in a few minutes (keeping it light for sure) and will kill it around 11 or so tonight.

Should I be seeing more definition in my shoulders so soon? Seriously, I'm not complaining...

Glad to see you are already seeing the benefits! I'm looking forward to your final review.

Hope you and the wife had a great dinner!

Oh, yeah....cannon-ball delts, ftw!!!!

David
    Team APPNUT

David - Cannonball delts coming soon... but sadly not today. I've lost a lot of mass and definition in my "time off" and am very excitied about getting it back. Trying to decide if I want to go big or just large, but my plan is to let that evolve for now and re-evaluate as we head in to 1/1/13. (I have my 2012 plans mapped out - including the December planning for 2013 - and things are going well so far.)

Back now from vacation and ready to wrap this log up. Huge apologies for the delay but thanks everyone for the patience and understanding. Update tonight for sure.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No problem, we all have lives to attend to. Even us reps =O

Chris
    Team AppNut
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„

Originally Posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
    David - Cannonball delts coming soon... but sadly not today. I've lost a lot of mass and definition in my "time off" and am very excitied about getting it back. Trying to decide if I want to go big or just large, but my plan is to let that evolve for now and re-evaluate as we head in to 1/1/13. (I have my 2012 plans mapped out - including the December planning for 2013 - and things are going well so far.)

Back now from vacation and ready to wrap this log up. Huge apologies for the delay but thanks everyone for the patience and understanding. Update tonight for sure.
    Alright. Looking forward to the update! Also, it's great to read that you have a "plan." That's part of the battle....knowing where you want to be and planning accordingly.

David
    Team APPNUT

Final review and notes: AppNut Drive/RPM "Believer Bottle" trial

I was fortunate enough to receive a trial run of Applied Nutriceuticals Drive and RPM in exchange for a review and some feedback. I have always looked at the Believer Bottle size of Drive as a dicey proposition for AN because it takes a while for the true power of the product to become noticible, but for me the 25 caps certainly proved the product delivers. Add to it RPM and you've got a winning combo... the only problem is that the Beleiver Bottle size runs out too quickly. (240-count bottle to the rescue!)

Reviewers were asked to comment on a few key areas of this combo, as follows:
    - Energy - For me, this was both pronounced and subtle at the same time. I've used a lot of stims and energy type supplements, mainly because there are so many out there and stims are included in many products, and the energy the RPM and Drive combo gives is something you feel within the 15-20 minute window we give for supplements without going overboard. There was no kick in the ass for me (or crash, either), just a noticible extra boost.
    I tend to work out later in the evening, so stims and energy boosters are always an intersting gamble or trade-off. Good thing I can typically still get to sleep even with stims for the most part, but if the dose is too high it's morning before you know it... RPM never interefered with my sleep (during this run or in the past) which makes this a great supplement for late-night energy when yer butt is dragging.

- Endurance The combo of Drive with RPM delivers for both energy and endurance. Even with this short run of Drive, it seemed to start to kick in with added endurance and focus both during the workout and other activities. My workouts are currently not hour-long throwdowns, but in the past I certainly felt the cumulative effect of these two together and Drive on its own. I believe it's a combination of the direct effects of the supplements (ATP Synthase and cordyceps) plus the tonic effect on the "support systems" (thyroid, leutenising hormone, etc.) helping to improve performance, endurance, and recovery, so those mammoth workouts (and physical labor as well!) don't seem quite so gruelling.

- Focus I'm not too sure the concentration aspect of what I'd call focus kicked in in full force during the part of the review that included Drive, but I can say the extra few times with the remainder of the RPM seemed to kick it up a notch somewhat. My workouts are not currently especially demanding (they're functional movement based and a little bit of bodywork plus some lifting), so there is plenty of opportunity to zone out. Not to say RPM or Drive are a magic pill or nootropic, but (at least for me) they help you feel in the zone which definitely makes you want to train with purpose. *This also helps in other situations outside of the gym where a slight aggression or added boost can help you stay focused on the task at hand.

- Strength I was not on a strength training program during this mini-review, so I cannot comment on this.

- Performance As a direct result of the supplements and due to the other factors discussed (endurance, focus, energy), what various aspects of my current routine that might be called performance did improve, or at least it felt that way to me. It might be that I was just more in the zone over the short period of time, but in the past these two have certainly helped out over the longer term. (Throw in the Neovar and you see some good things happening for sure!)

In addition to these areas, I was also putting the RPM/Drive combo to the test for myself personally as a trial run for when I crank up my workouts in October and/or next January. I was looking for something that might give a little boost later in the evening without disturbing my sleep as well as something that can support a re-entry to heavier lifting and longer, more intense workouts. I am definitely looking at Drive as a backbone staple with RPM on-hand when needed. I will be looking at incorporating other products, espcially from the wellness line, and am looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you then.

Overall, a great combo. I was impressed with what the Believer Bottle trial size was able to deliver, but would recommend if people are looking to try out these products that you get the larger size from the start as you will want to continue taking these and you don't want to have to wait for the next shipment to come in.

Thank you so much for the great review! Glad you saw some benefits from the stack. Believe me, it gets better the more you use it! If you are interested, I can hook you up with a nice discount if you want to run the bigger bottles! Just let me know.

David
    Team APPNUT