mjoe123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey guys i just wanted to know whats a cheat day

I often see cheat days threads here and there, and always wonder wtf is it?
    For example, I am on cut atm, eating 2000kkal per day.
    If I have cheat day (if I understand right - i eat all I want and how much I want) - knowing myself its gonna be around 4000kkal on that day.
    So how will it impact my cut?

Explain me cheat day thingy pls

Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cheat days are a means of cleansing and relief of cravings for people who think they need to eat bland food to get results and those who never allow indulgences in moderation. In other words, for those who've never heard of IIFYM.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Basically, a "cheat day" is a term that tries to justify binge eating. It's often caused by a terrible diet.

In your specific example, the "cheat day" would mean you're consuming the equivalent of 2,876 calories per day.

Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    A cheat day is many different things to different people. Some go all out on a binge, some consider it a cheat if they don't count macros but come in under maintainence, and others consider 500 calories over maintainence a cheat. The big picture of it all is that you should be hitting macro and calorie intake goals at least 80% of the time to make good progress and not spin your wheels. If you want to cheat that's fine, but do it sparingly and don't try to claim you are raising leptin levels(unless you are really lean already) or any of that mess. I pig out about once a month just because I want to, and as long as I stick with my program the rest of the time everything is fine. One day does not make or break progress over the long term.
    ^^Former 400+lb Crew^^
    August 23rd 2011 - 469.8lbs
    August 23rd 2012 - 201.4lbs

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mjoe123 View Post
    I often see cheat days threads here and there, and always wonder wtf is it?
    For example, I am on cut atm, eating 2000kkal per day.
    If I have cheat day (if I understand right - i eat all I want and how much I want) - knowing myself its gonna be around 4000kkal on that day.
    So how will it impact my cut?

Explain me cheat day thingy pls
    Your weekly deficit will be cut by 2000Kcal

Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Crooktele79 View Post
    A cheat day is many different things to different people. Some go all out on a binge, some consider it a cheat if they don't count macros but come in under maintainence, and others consider 500 calories over maintainence a cheat. The big picture of it all is that you should be hitting macro and calorie intake goals at least 80% of the time to make good progress and not spin your wheels. If you want to cheat that's fine, but do it sparingly and don't try to claim you are raising leptin levels(unless you are really lean already) or any of that mess. I pig out about once a month just because I want to, and as long as I stick with my program the rest of the time everything is fine. One day does not make or break progress over the long term.
    This. It depends on the person.
    Cheat days are a means of cleansing and relief of cravings for people who think they need to eat bland food to get results and those who never allow indulgences in moderation. In other words, for those who've never heard of IIFYM.
    Personally an indulgence for me is binging on carbs. I'd rather have no cookies than one. That's just how it is; I don't benefit from a mild indulgence. I'd rather not bother, so a cheat day for me would be 4-5k, which is a good 1.5-2k calories above maintenance. They are highly injurious to my momentum and I try to avoid them.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cheat days...

"it's like quitting smoking for a year then deciding to reward yourself with a cig every weekend" OR "like wiping before you poop" makes no sense. Compose yourself a good diet, fit the foods you like into your daily/weekly intake.. problem solved.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /