TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Client doesn't like you...what do you do

My client has dropped pounds, and his body fat percentage has gone down.

He's reserved and polite. He also has a large pack of sessions. Another month or so with me.

He left today's session with a friend waiting for him at the door. A coworker came over to tell me the guy saw his friend and hella rolled his eyes to the ceiling after walking away from me. I'm sitting here thinking he's annoyed and dissatisfied. I hadn't any indication of that before though he was quieter through today's session. There've been successful moments where he gets all excited with his progress and I'll give a high five and all that. I tell him he looks thinner or stronger and he starts cheezin. So I don't know. Maybe trying to look cool for his friend? If annoyed with me for w/e reason, do I just go on as before for the rest of the sessions?

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TrainBetter View Post
    My client has dropped pounds, and his body fat percentage has gone down.

He's reserved and polite. He also has a large pack of sessions. Another month or so with me.

He left today's session with a friend waiting for him at the door. A coworker came over to tell me the guy saw his friend and hella rolled his eyes to the ceiling after walking away from me. I'm sitting here thinking he's annoyed and dissatisfied. I hadn't any indication of that before though he was quieter through today's session. There've been successful moments where he gets all excited with his progress and I'll give a high five and all that. I tell him he looks thinner or stronger and he starts cheezin. So I don't know. Maybe trying to look cool for his friend? If annoyed with me for w/e reason, do I just go on as before for the rest of the sessions?
    When last did you talk about his goals and progression and what he enjoys doing?
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think you're bring overly sensitive. If the guy didn't like you then he probably wouldn't show up for sessions and wouldn't be getting any results. Possibly he was actually directing that look at his friend? There might have been about a dozen other things going on that you have no idea about.

If you're concerned, check in with him and just let him know you're at x amount of sessions and you just wanted to make sure that things are what he was expecting so far and that he was satisfied with what is going on. Hopefully if he isn't he will at least give some kind of indication.

I usually say to clients "you don't have to like me - but you're paying me for my expertise so I would expect you to follow it or you're wasting your money and my time."

Nothing_Clever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you sure he is rolling his eyes about you? Even if he is are you sure its a bad thing. Maybe he has a thing for you and his friend knows. I would clarify his goals in the next session and talk to him about what he likes and doesn't like in your sessions. If he wonders why, tell him that you periodically reevaluate clients goals and preferences to keep the training program on track.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Way over sensitive, probably not even rolling his eyes about you. Probably not even rolling his eyes lol.

TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol, no I'm sure he was. I wouldn't understand it but my coworker's a friend, he wouldn't make that sh!t up. The client *was* off today - not as friendly

Guess I'll ask again. Goal was weightloss and then athleticism. It took him 6 months to lose 5 lbs on his own and only one month to lose that with me. His body fat went from 28 to 25%, and a couple weeks after, last week, on a different, electronic checker showed 22.6%...so I'm guessing with calipers he would be at 23-24% right now. He learned the deadlift and we're still working on his squat. His bench was already alright and row. When I ask, he says he wants to be pushed to his limits, wants intense. Depending on the day, he has had several workouts he quoted as very intense and had muscle fatigue that had him stumbling. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be satisfying. The day before, I waved at him while he worked out and he looked happy. Maybe he just felt ashamed to be training with a female. I don't know but now I wanna kick his ass next time I see him.

If you think a client "may" not like you much, do you just say f0ck it, don't bother being friends, and train them in hell? Or do you work at it?

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    maybe he just isnt addicted yet and still associates you with pain. maybe he sees you when hes not scheduled and thinks " not today buddy, have to wait until tomorrow to send me through hell".

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you think a client "may" not like you much, do you just say f0ck it, don't bother being friends, and train them in hell? Or do you work at it?
    You shouldn't be overly concerned with being their "friend" in the first place. You're their trainer, not their friend. It's a professional relationship. Sure, be friendly, but you're not setting out to be their "friend".

I'd say in this situation perform a reassessment or a session where you can somewhat chat whilst he still works out. Query him on how he think his program is going, what he likes/dislikes about it, ask a lot of open ended questions.

If you feel like he has no passion or interest, think over the arrangement as this will in turn affect your own mood and enjoyment of working life. It's one thing to help someone who's not motivated and needs a kick up the ass, but it's another to deal with a mood killer and a pain and someone who will negatively affect your business. I tend to discontinue working with those who don't respect all aspects of the PT setup. I'd rather spend time working with those who ARE respectful and interested, as opposed to those who are there to piss around and fluff.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    He might have had a bad day. He may just be annoyed from the session (you know clients will get pissed of at you during a session but love you after).

Maybe he was trying to look cool for his friend by trying to act like training is "lame"and he is too cool to be told what to do.

bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There may be been a specific exercise that he didn't like and told his friend about prior. You may have done it that day, so he rolled his eyes when he saw his friend and told him about later on. I wouldnt overanalyze it.

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was this the first time something like this occured? Has his mood been trending down hill for a while now? What is his home life like? lots of stress? What were his plans after the session? Maby he had a stressful activity after and was not looking forward to muscle fatigue durring it.

It could have been a million things. Let it slide but remember it; if it keeps happening just ask whats going on? He is human too.
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.

Well...I really beat his a** tonight. Couldn't help it.

ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well...I really beat his a** tonight. Couldn't help it.
    SO he DID have a thing for you *snicker*

El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000) El Elyon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude, i had the exact same thing a month ago!

Female client, our first session together of a 16 session pack etc built her up into the session nicely, bit of weights and some boxing at the end etc etc we stretch off and she walks away smiling. She see's her two friends training together and heads over and i could see they asked how it went and she scrunched her face like "meh...". This pissed me off! I think im a great trainer and i didn't understand.

We continued our sessions and i removed a lot of boxing because i thought it was that she hated (she sometimes punches with an 'i cant be bothered' vibe etc)

After 4 weeks she only lost 2lbs. I thought... she's history for sure, hates the training (has a very poker face when we train!) and her results are slightly short of poor .

Then she comes in on her final session with another £300 for more sessions and she's passed my number to her sister and friends telling them im a great trainer!! :0 totally unexpected. She also wanted to box more as she enjoys it lol.

Long story short - If they keep coming in, assume they like it!
    Firefighter crew
    Golf crew
    Sim Racing crew
    5ft10 Tall Manlet crew.