Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'2", 230 lbs
    farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit farvacola's BodySpace

Weird Movies and You: A thread.

So I'm bored on a saturday morning and just back from a weeklong trip to banned camp, during which I found my old box of weird/avant garde movies. Now I know some misc brah's like good unusual movies, so I figured I'd post some of my favorites. Worthy of note is that many of these movies contain excessive gore, disturbing scenarios

Gummo

This is one of my personal favorites, as it seems there is something infectiously interesting about white-trash America, and Harmony Korine is a great weirdo director. The film revolves around various vignettes that portray weird people doing weird things in small town America (specifically Xenia, Ohio, which isn't too far from where I'm from), with a slight focus on a boy by the name of Solomon, who has a long face and a DBZ haircut. There is cat-drowning, so be warned, I personally still cringe every time I see that part. That being said, this movie is excellent at capturing the sense of nihilism that pervades poverty-stricken rural areas of the US, and is quite enjoyably quirky.

Julien Donkey Boy

Another piece by Harmony Korine, this one is far darker and upsetting than Gummo, as it adds severe mental illness into Korine's theme of white trash oddity. Unsettling camera angles, untreated schizophrenia, and incestuous mentally handicapped rape are the stars of this show. Difficult to summarize, anyone who has dealt with mental illness will either be deeply offended by this movie or find a strange sort of peace in it.

Antichrist

This is one of Lars von Trier's newer movies, and it is simply awesome. A cinematic discussion of sin, spirituality, and evil, Willem Defoe is at his best here, as he attempts to understand the strange series of changes his wife begins to undergo after their child dies suddenly and accidentally. Definitely the goriest so far, this film has genital mutilation, blasphemous stigmata, and animals who turn inside out. The classical soundtrack is awesome as well.

TL;DR those three are good for a starter glimpse into weird movies, feel free to add your own, as I'll be updating this thread as I rediscover my collection. Cheers!
    Current Lifts:
    Bench: 225x6 flat, 225x6 incline
    Squat: 365x6
    Deadlift: 565x1, 405x15
    Bent-Over Rows: 365x6
    Seated BB overhead press:185x8, 225x4

"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present."
    Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother."
    Khalil Gibran

OSU Alumni, Go Bucks!

farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) farvacola has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Natty Bumpo
    Current Lifts:

"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present."
    Ludwig Wittgenstein

Khalil Gibran

OSU Alumni, Go Bucks!

One last bump for now.
    Current Lifts:

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Khalil Gibran

OSU Alumni, Go Bucks!