cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Weighted vest or dip belt? Opinions/advide

Need quick advice here; I can only buy one (for the moment) and I need opinions on which would be better.

From what I gather:

Dip Belts
    -able to attach more weight
    -doesn't come with weights (only have light weights at home, so would be better used at the gym)

Weighted Vest
    -possibly more comfortable (especially in pullups)
    -comes with weight (can use at home)

I will be using either for dips, pushups, pullups & chinups and other bodyweight exercises.
    Any with experience with either or both (preferably) please give your opinions and reasons here.
    Thanks

cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdegn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    advice* lolspelling.

TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think a weighted vest would be more versatile. You can use it for weighted bodyweight exercises, as well as throw it on for harder cardio.
    “The problem with many hypertrophy-based programs is that they leave out the strength component. You might get bigger as a result of the program, but if you don’t get any stronger you’re still a chump in my book. That’s right, I don’t care how big you are, if you aren’t strong you’re a sham. Having big muscles and no strength is the training equivalent of wearing a strap-on. All show and no go. End of story.” - Jim Wendler

5/3/1 blog - http://boringbutbig.tumblr.com

Registered User LlamaWithARifle's Avatar
    LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ideally both, but if can't afford both, get yourself a vest and buy a couple feet worth of chain and a karabina, it will be less comfortable then a bought dip belt but will get the job done for around £5.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    More options with a belt as far as how much weight and easier to use.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeBuyco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes there are a lot of things you can do with belts. I'm not much of fan of vest. You can get them both if you want though.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't do anything that would warrant using a vest.

I do however do a lot of things that work rather well with a dip belt (pull ups, dips or belt squats)

it is your choice depending on your goals. I think the dip belt is a hell of a lot more versatile
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    weighted vests are a waste of money for dips and pullups.why spend 60 to 100 dollars when you can use a db between the legs?
    cant really use a dipping belt for push ups.
    i would say save your money until you actually need something to help you add weight,and buy a dipping belt.use books and a back pack for pushups.
    asthmatic dumbass crew
    shop smart shop s mart
    i said all the words,mostly.
    member of the crew member crew.

jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmarcus101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would advise towards a belt in the fact that it allows for the most growth since you can add up to a solid stack of weight to it before it reaches it's max capacity- where as a vest is going to cost you a fortune and not go above 50lb likely.

As far as not being able to use one for pushups, you don't truly need one... Plyometric pushups would suffice just as well outside of the chest/tri work from dipping if done correctly. You could also sub weighted pushups with using a dyna disk or bosu ball for added difficulty and still make great gains.
    To answer most training questions-

Strength: >85% 1RM <6reps 2-6sets
    Power
    - Single effort: 80-90% 1RM, 1-2reps 3-5sets
    - Multi effort: 75-85% 1RM, 3-5reps 3-5sets
    Hypertrophy: 67-85% 1RM, 6-12reps 3-6sets
    Endurance: <67% 1RM, >12 reps 2-3sets

--GCSU Athletic Training--

leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) leonliemc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would go with the dips belt. Plus, the vest would reek of your sweat smell in the long run.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A vest is going to be immensely uncomfortable during dips, pullups and other movements in which the upper body joints move.

Get a dip belt.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

IrishJPK is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dip Belts are Better Then Weighted Vests

You become stronger via applying the overload principle, thus we want something that we can progressively add weight to as we ourselves make gains. Being restricted to a set weight such as we our with weighted vests is essentially useless or in fact it can actually become regressive as we would be inclined to stay at a certain intensity level if wanted to continue to use our purchase.

You become bigger, via recruiting as many muscle fibres as possible while working out within an anaerobic remit; this is achieved via applying varying intensities at maximum intensities i.e. drop sets. To this end, weighted vests are kind of limited here too.

Try searching for SwiftLoad Explode, by FrontRunner Fitness, this product allows you to instantly add or remove any size weight making it the ideal too for both overload sets and varying intensity sets such as drop set training.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IrishJPK View Post
    You become stronger via applying the overload principle, thus we want something that we can progressively add weight to as we ourselves make gains. Being restricted to a set weight such as we our with weighted vests is essentially useless or in fact it can actually become regressive as we would be inclined to stay at a certain intensity level if wanted to continue to use our purchase.

You become bigger, via recruiting as many muscle fibres as possible while working out within an anaerobic remit; this is achieved via applying varying intensities at maximum intensities i.e. drop sets. To this end, weighted vests are kind of limited here too.

Try searching for SwiftLoad Explode, by FrontRunner Fitness, this product allows you to instantly add or remove any size weight making it the ideal too for both overload sets and varying intensity sets such as drop set training.
    This thread has been dead for 5 years. I'm sure he's figured it out by now
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB