youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Chest Workout | Incline Vs Flat Vs Decline

Can everyone give me some information on the difference between Incline Vs Flat Vs Decline bench workout?

I want to focus on building up my chest (Bulk), but I need help in deciding which exercise to do.

More information the better please.

Thanks everyone in advance.

isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do them all. they all work different parts of the chest.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Incline bench is where the long portion of the bench is raised above parallel to the ground.

Flat Bench is where the entire bench surface is parallel to the ground.

Decline bench is where the long portion of the bench is lowered below parallel to the ground.

The different settings may be achieved via the adjusting device on your particular model of bench.

As for the differences between using these settings for your chest development, use the search.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10) youtalk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can you break it down further?

Incline works what areas?
    Flat works what areas?
    Decline works what areas?

Then what other chest exercise should I be doing?

Thank you!

R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R0ck_S0lid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Incline targets the upper part of your chest
    Decline targets the lower part of your chest like the Dips workout
    Flat targets your entire chest

That's what I've been told. Not sure though
    President Trump MAGA

BLM=KKK

#PrayForCucks. Stay Mad we won

isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) isaacstaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bench mainly does the chest and triceps. It also exercises the shoulders a little bit. Incline gets the upper chest and also the triceps and a little shoulder while decline gets the lower chest and triceps and a little shoulders.

BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    See what works for you, i personally never do incline presses, heavy benches and standing press work my chest plenty.

Should I be doing all three in the same workout?

Also how do butterfly help the chest?
    Just livin' the dream...

Will a slight incline build the top of the chest?
    Just livin' the dream...

tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tobyow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by youtalk View Post

I do all three, most people do at least incline and flat. Flyes help build the outer portion of your chest.

JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JGolden69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally do all three and feel my chest is better "rounded" as a result and my lifts were growing at a good rate before i got sick and stuck in bed for a week

PlutoBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PlutoBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PlutoBrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah do all of them. They all work different parts (upper chest = incline, decline = lower chest, flat bench = all of it). Building it all up together is the best way to a bigger chest.

One thing that I think is underrated for chest is doing a sh*t ton of push ups and dips.

the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I never do decline and very rarely do flat, get pains in my shoulders from them sometimes. One way to look at it though is that you can never have enough upper chest, and if any section it tends to be upper which people lack so hit it up.
    EPO all in my veins; Lately things just don’t seem the same; Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why; ’Scuse me while I pass this guy.

liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You can do all three, and do them all in the same day if you want.
    Personally I do flat and incline. Rarely do decline benches..thats what dips are for.

TO bulk go heavy on both flat and incline...really focus on incline. For me, the incline has brought my chest out more than flat alone.

butterflys are great for hitting the inner chest, it will give the cleavage you want. high rep ranges on both flat and incline for the butterflys is what I do.

But, this is what works for me, you have to figure out what gets you going and go from there.\
    Good luck.
    My 5/3/1 progress can be found here.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142870321&p

Uncut LOG...check it out here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152706323

{{**ORIGINAL DSC**}}

I lift one rep at a time.

Here's a question (might be dumb) but if you do incline and build the top of the chest, wouldn't that raise that muscle out and pull the skin more up to get a slope from the top down?

And with butterflyes, does it work the inside (clevage) or the outer part?
    Just livin' the dream...

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All 3 work the same damned slab of muscle, there is no "upper" pectoral. Incline does not shape the top of your chest any better than flat or decline, in fact, electro myofibril graph tests show that a low grade decline draws more force production from your pecs than either flat or incline. Incline puts more stress on your delts and takes away from your pecs, which is why you generally cannot incline as much as your flat.

Not saying you don't get results from incline, just saying you don't get greater results with it.

Got it. So there are two different areas, delts, and pecs.

I just now need to figure out which area I want more bulked up.
    Just livin' the dream...

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got it. So there are two different areas, delts, and pecs.

I just now need to figure out which area I want more bulked up.
    Delts are your shoulder muscles, not your chest, completely different things there

HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10) HankZuckler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...enchPress.html

This site is incredibly helpful. To eliminate confusion, Pectoralis Major, Sternal= Lower
    Pectoralis Major, Clavicular= Upper
    I want to win a hypertrophy

"Powerlifting is stupid if you ask me. You're only going to hurt yourself throwing out your back doing such heavy weight. You think your spine and organs enjoy that kind of tension?"
    -johnalex361, getting swole doing 110 rep squats

Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Chest has always been my weakness. i lift 4 days a week my chest/tri day consists of
    3 sets flat bench
    3 incline
    2 decline
    3 cable crossovers
    3 seated weighted dips

What am i doin wrong i always see huge gains in everything except chest. My dad was somewhat the same way he was very skinny but know benches 335 am i doin anythiing wrong or it it just gonna take alot of time?? cuz of genetics

aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can everyone give me some information on the difference between Incline Vs Flat Vs Decline bench workout?

I want to focus on building up my chest (Bulk), but I need help in deciding which exercise to do.

More information the better please.

Thanks everyone in advance.
    As many others have said, do all of them. They all work your chest differently. I used to be a straight up flat bench all the time kind of guy. When i wised up and started doing variations of it my chest growth took off. Add fly's too

aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wrestler432 View Post
    Chest has always been my weakness. i lift 4 days a week my chest/tri day consists of
    3 sets flat bench
    3 incline
    2 decline
    3 cable crossovers
    3 seated weighted dips

What am i doin wrong i always see huge gains in everything except chest. My dad was somewhat the same way he was very skinny but know benches 335 am i doin anythiing wrong or it it just gonna take alot of time?? cuz of genetics
    genetics could affect you. I have no trouble developing any part of my body except for my biceps and traps. I have been told that having broad shoulders(which mine are about as broad as they come) can make traps harder to develop. Can anyone confirm if this is truth?

Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by aStRoRdInArY View Post
    genetics could affect you. I have no trouble developing any part of my body except for my biceps and traps. I have been told that having broad shoulders(which mine are about as broad as they come) can make traps harder to develop. Can anyone confirm if this is truth?
    Yes this is true. this is because ur traps have to "stretch" a longer ways. Just like if you have shorter arms ur biceps and tris are gonna look bigger because they dont' have to "stretch" as far.