JustaYungKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One chest, is bigger than the other.

Hey guys, Im 17 and pretty much a noob at working out. I mainly workout at home, doing push ups, sit ups etc.. I realized that my left chest is bigger than my right and its noticeable. Even after a workout when my muscles "swell" up a bit the left side does this more and its weird because I'm right handed. So I would like to know what I can do to correct this problem please, it bothers me..im afraid if i keep doing push ups that my left chest will just keep getting bigger and my right will always be behind. ..(btw i did workout in a gym but it was for a short while, like a month or so...don't know if the machines i used caused this imbalance.)

firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if all u r doing for chest is pushups then ur size gains will be limited... I would suggest getting a gym membership and using dumbells to bench press if ur really that concerned
    HARD CHARGIN

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

++ Positive Crew ++

JustaYungKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by firefox16 View Post
    if all u r doing for chest is pushups then ur size gains will be limited... I would suggest getting a gym membership and using dumbells to bench press if ur really that concerned
    Ok and what would you suggest for the bench press, only work my smaller side?

firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000) firefox16 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JustaYungKid View Post
    Ok and what would you suggest for the bench press, only work my smaller side?
    i would never suggest that...
    i suggest you bench press with dumbbells...normally
    HARD CHARGIN

++ Positive Crew ++

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off, people only have one chest. It's composed of many muscles, the most noticeable being the pectorals major sternal. There are many other muscles that are noticeable like the P. Major Clavicular, the anterior deltoids, and the pectoral minor. They make up "the chest" area.

Second, such differences of size become less noticeable as mass develops. The more you learn proper form, and diversify your workout to make such difference remedial, the less 'relative' difference there is as you advance.

In terms of exercising (or one exercise in particular), doing exercises dependent on both sides of your centerline working together are mainly regarded to in aspects of performance (how much you advance the exercise). Here's where things can get more intricate. When you do such exercises, the movement, while seamingly balanced, can be performed with particular muscles using different combinations of energies that stimulate particular muscle fibers. One side of your chest might be using more power to push the weight up, while one side of your chest might be doing a 'better' job of keeping the weight level. Stabilizing weight and actually pressing weight, use two different energy systems, and while they are both participating in each type, they will prioritize what they do best in order for you to complete the movement to your satisfaction.

In terms of bodybuilding, advance your workouts by adding weight and developing different exercises. Advancing one exercise will start to trivialize such difference, while developing different exercises might actually balance out the difference by filling in such cracks. Also, it's really hard to subject your muscles to different stimulation when you are doing exercises that stimulate your muscles independently (like DB bench press, or DB flies).

dumbbells
    HARD CHARGIN

++ Positive Crew ++

32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100)
    You have 2 chests? Weird. By the way, my top back is bigger than my lower back