bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What exercises help tighten your core and bring in flared ribs?

My ribs flare out at the end which gives off a pop belly look. This has improved as I have packed on weight and muscle but the ribs still clearly flare out a bit at the base. I'm looking for some exercises to add to my workout routine that would tighten my core and bring my ribs in.

the exercises I already do are: bench press, bent over barbell row, standing barbell press, barbell curls, triceps pressdowns, squats, seated calf raises, barbell deadlift, and normal crunches a couple times a week.

Someone suggested weight side bends but I've heard bad things about that particular exercise. I've also heard that doing stomach vacuums can help, as well as planks and side crunches...

DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem. I've long since just accepted it as genetics and left it alone. To me, it's bone not muscle. Just like you can't change the shape of your abs, I thought I couldn't do anything about a large protruding rib cage.

My rib cage also causes my chest to seperate down the middle. They point outwards as opposed to forwards. My friends joke and say that my nipples are attached to my armpits. (exageration)

If exercise can actually solve or at least work against these problems I'd be glad to also know what they are.

bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bucknasty87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DoubleNNs View Post
    I have the same problem. I've long since just accepted it as genetics and left it alone. To me, it's bone not muscle. Just like you can't change the shape of your abs, I thought I couldn't do anything about a large protruding rib cage.

My rib cage also causes my chest to seperate down the middle. They point outwards as opposed to forwards. My friends joke and say that my nipples are attached to my armpits. (exageration)

If exercise can actually solve or at least work against these problems I'd be glad to also know what they are.
    It sucks doesn't it? Yeah I know it's bone but I just feel like if you pack on enough muscle in the right places and tighten your core then it would greatly improve this problem. How many jacked dudes do you see with flared ribs?