Registered User MissSkinnyChick's Avatar
    MissSkinnyChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny girl wanting curves!

Hi so I've been hanging around these forums for a while now, as I want to gain weight both fat and muscle to get some curves. I am 5'10 around 105-115 pounds (I don't weigh myself so sorry I can't give accurate answers) but I've been very thin all my life until recently when i turned 20 and started to gain some weight naturally. I would love to just look 'normal' around size 10 maybe 12 (UK) which is about right for my frame. I am currently what you guys would call 'skinnyfat'; I have gained a few extra pounds as my summer holidays have started, but am still stuck at size 6/8 (UK). I would love some advice on gaining muscle and keeping the fat I have and what kind of weights i should be using, as well as food intake to keep my weight gain.

My main inspiration is actually 'Ilovethe80's' pics which I found on another thread when she said she was naturally thin. I couldn't believe she was ever so thin from her first pic (like I am now) and gained such beautiful curves in her second pic! She is actually my motivation to gain curves which I've never had and look good and the reason why I am typing this now. [Sorry Ilovethe80's I don't have the courage to talk to you directly but please let me know if you want me to edit this part out as I do sound a bit like a stalker ]

Cliffs:
    - skinnyfat girl want to gain curves muscle/ don't want to lose fat
    - what weights should I be using
    - how much protein do I need to keep/ gain muscle
    - do I sound like a stalker?

Thanks for reading and and help would be much appreciated

AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Going threw the same stuff.
    I'm currently 6 foot tall and around 130lbs but moves around a lot and minimum 128. Usually around 120.

I would start by figuring out your BMR and making sure your eating enough and the right amounts of each nutrient.
    Probly want to stay away from cardio.

I would head to your supplement store and get good protein and probably a mass gainer. It's very hard to eat tons and tons of food so the weight and mass gain will help.

From there just start lifting heavy! Have a plan and keep moving up.
    If you want curves lower body just remember squats lunges and deadlifts and my fav for booty the duck squat.

Good luck. Let me know if your looking for anything else

Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MissSkinnyChick View Post
    Hi so I've been hanging around these forums for a while now, as I want to gain weight both fat and muscle to get some curves. I am 5'10 around 105-115 pounds (I don't weigh myself so sorry I can't give accurate answers) but I've been very thin all my life until recently when i turned 20 and started to gain some weight naturally. I would love to just look 'normal' around size 10 maybe 12 (UK) which is about right for my frame. I am currently what you guys would call 'skinnyfat'; I have gained a few extra pounds as my summer holidays have started, but am still stuck at size 6/8 (UK). I would love some advice on gaining muscle and keeping the fat I have and what kind of weights i should be using, as well as food intake to keep my weight gain.

My main inspiration is actually 'Ilovethe80's' pics which I found on another thread when she said she was naturally thin. I couldn't believe she was ever so thin from her first pic (like I am now) and gained such beautiful curves in her second pic! She is actually my motivation to gain curves which I've never had and look good and the reason why I am typing this now. [Sorry Ilovethe80's I don't have the courage to talk to you directly but please let me know if you want me to edit this part out as I do sound a bit like a stalker ]

Cliffs:
    - skinnyfat girl want to gain curves muscle/ don't want to lose fat
    - what weights should I be using
    - how much protein do I need to keep/ gain muscle
    - do I sound like a stalker?

Thanks for reading and and help would be much appreciated
    cant help you without knowing your current diet, and as far as looking "normal" you should just lift heavy and eat i recommend starting strength

Originally Posted by AshK47 View Post
    Going threw the same stuff.
    I'm currently 6 foot tall and around 130lbs but moves around a lot and minimum 128. Usually around 120.

I would start by figuring out your BMR and making sure your eating enough and the right amounts of each nutrient.
    Probly want to stay away from cardio.

I would head to your supplement store and get good protein and probably a mass gainer. It's very hard to eat tons and tons of food so the weight and mass gain will help.

From there just start lifting heavy! Have a plan and keep moving up.
    If you want curves lower body just remember squats lunges and deadlifts and my fav for booty the duck squat.

Good luck. Let me know if your looking for anything else
    6'0? why hello my amazonian heavenly blessed beauty

AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [\QUOTE]6'0? why hello my amazonian heavenly blessed beauty[/QUOTE]

Lol thanks. I wish I wasn't though!
    Wouldn't be so hard to get that mass up and shape

MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's all about diet and lifting. If you want to keep the fat you got and gain muscle, you need to eat to gain weight. An easy way to do that is, once you get your protein in for the day (check out the stickies), is add some healthy fats (olive oil, PB).

As far as weights, lift as heavy as you can. My rule is if I can finish the workout with the weights I chose, I go higher next time. Starting Strength is a great place to start.

Also, ilovethe80s is really nice. She is super experienced and doesn't mind sharing what she's learned. Go say hi in her journal.

What's your body fat?
    If your body is like hers you should have a alright time. I feel like I'm much much thinner.

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are too sweet! I am so flattered. You made my month

That first pic in my profile pics was around 15 years ago (and around 100 pounds) and the second pic maybe a couple of years later and around 120- so it has been really slow and steady for me in building up. Now I am usually between 135-145.

I think what makes the biggest difference is just consistency and time. There are definitely periods of accelerated gains, via calorie excesses and various programs, but gains for the most part are slow and steady. And it takes a loooong time, but it is not like you feel like a giant dog turd until you get to where you want to be, the gradual improvements along the way are just as great

Once you get used to eating more than normal, your appetite grows and you start to love eating. I did anyway, I out-eat my 6'2 husband. I have bulked to the point where I did not even want to look at food anymore, and I gained a lot of fat really fast - but along with that came crazy strength gains, and those were also the times that I seemed to pack on the most muscle.

As for the workouts, best advice is to NOT make up your own thing until you have done at least a dozen or so rounds of various proven programs successfully and understand why they worked for you. I would suggest starting with a good strength program until your numbers get good. Just make sure you pick real programs with progression schemes - none of that 'three sets of 15 at the same weights for a year' crap that people seem to get stuck on and has them spinning their wheels.

And that's really all there is to it - eat and lift. As long as you keep eating, you will keep reasonable body fat. I do tend to overeat bigtime (but pretty darned happy about it, no issues here haha) so I probably carry a bit more fat than most but I'm fine with that. It depends on where your body distributes the fat - if it all just went to a spare tire I might reconsider my calorie intake, but it all goes to my butt which I don't really see since it is behind me so its all good. It's all individual I think, how much fat you are comfortable having, everyone's body is different. And fat lies over the muscle to make the muscles look bigger too (you would find out exactly how much when you try and cut for the first time haha)

Protein, I think the rule of thumb is 1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight. You can eat healthy foods if you want because they will make you feel and look better (and of course good for your health) but when you've hit your calories there, don't be afraid to have a free for all for everything else you want. The eating part is fun haha.

HTH and thanks so much for the compliments!!
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

@AshK47 My scales aren't working and don't have a body fat measurer sorry, I don't mind not knowing though cuz I think subconsiously I might end up thinking too much of it and end up thinner than I want to be as muscles weigh more than fat.
    I probably have an average bodyfat ratio atm but I know as soon as the hols are over it's going to drop off Its what always happens I gain a few pounds and then it comes off within a month or so.

The bottom pic is what I usually look like, right now I have some small fatty curves lol

And when I was referring to ilovethe80s thin I meant this pic:
    imagecdn.bodybuilding
    .com/img/user_images/growable/2010/06/14/20561712/progresspic/1KHZ90TBR084aFRKsvfAOQSP4KWaS0072.jpg

And this is what I would love to look like

imagecdn.bodybuilding
    .com/img/user_images/growable/2009/05/07/20561712/progresspic/1lUG9AFRBi86BEGk4jmff43EEk6JV363.jpeg

imagecdn.bodybuilding
    .com/img/user_images/growable/2012/06/18/51636541/progresspic/18GLoUWcLIbb1Q2cGsxD5vbFW511193.jpeg

@MaliaBot and Kemo1990
    Thanks for the advice, I will check out the stickies as I don't think I'm getting enough protein, I eat the following on a typical day

Breakfast: Pack of biscuits with tea, or 4 slices white toast with cheese, or 2 bowls cereal (cornflakes or rice krispies)
    Lunch and dinner: I'm asian so we have usually chappatti's ( made from semi-hard wheat varieties, also known as durum wheat) with meat curries, vegetable curries or variety of beans and lentils dishes
    Snacks throughout the day: almonds, chocolates, crisps, ice cream, fruit, fruit juices, not all at once

I know I eat crappy snacks but tbh its the only way I'm gaining weight right now so I don't mind the extra fat. I don't eat **** loads of it either simply snack portions. I do need to up my protein even tho when I googled chappati flour it actually contains a high content of gluten, a protein composite, not sure if it helps or not.

The lunch/dinner isn't gonna change anytime soon, my mum makes it too good, so the only thing I can do is add. Have bought pasta and variety of nuts. Am going to buy protien shakes/powders soon as well.

Exercise
    I want to gain muscle on my legs, bum and arms, with some toning on stomach but that's not top priority. I don't do any cardio just normal walking.
    I have no money for the gym, so I do everything at home
    I have used this week to ease into exercising, concentrating on my legs first, doing squats with and without weights, leg raises, working quads, hamstrings and glutes following this vid:

youtube.
    com/
    watch?v=48QRti_2zvQ

She explains eveything so good, and the possibility of adding weights with all moves, I am also looking into calf raises and barbell curls. I want to step up my game next week and really get into it

Originally Posted by ilovethe80s View Post
    You are too sweet! I am so flattered. You made my month

That first pic in my profile pics was around 15 years ago (and around 100 pounds) and the second pic maybe a couple of years later and around 120- so it has been really slow and steady for me in building up. Now I am usually between 135-145.

I think what makes the biggest difference is just consistency and time. There are definitely periods of accelerated gains, via calorie excesses and various programs, but gains for the most part are slow and steady. And it takes a loooong time, but it is not like you feel like a giant dog turd until you get to where you want to be, the gradual improvements along the way are just as great

Once you get used to eating more than normal, your appetite grows and you start to love eating. I did anyway, I out-eat my 6'2 husband. I have bulked to the point where I did not even want to look at food anymore, and I gained a lot of fat really fast - but along with that came crazy strength gains, and those were also the times that I seemed to pack on the most muscle.

As for the workouts, best advice is to NOT make up your own thing until you have done at least a dozen or so rounds of various proven programs successfully and understand why they worked for you. I would suggest starting with a good strength program until your numbers get good. Just make sure you pick real programs with progression schemes - none of that 'three sets of 15 at the same weights for a year' crap that people seem to get stuck on and has them spinning their wheels.

And that's really all there is to it - eat and lift. As long as you keep eating, you will keep reasonable body fat. I do tend to overeat bigtime (but pretty darned happy about it, no issues here haha) so I probably carry a bit more fat than most but I'm fine with that. It depends on where your body distributes the fat - if it all just went to a spare tire I might reconsider my calorie intake, but it all goes to my butt which I don't really see since it is behind me so its all good. It's all individual I think, how much fat you are comfortable having, everyone's body is different. And fat lies over the muscle to make the muscles look bigger too (you would find out exactly how much when you try and cut for the first time haha)

Protein, I think the rule of thumb is 1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight. You can eat healthy foods if you want because they will make you feel and look better (and of course good for your health) but when you've hit your calories there, don't be afraid to have a free for all for everything else you want. The eating part is fun haha.

HTH and thanks so much for the compliments!!
    Omgosh sorry I saw your message as soon as I posted mine, but had no time to reply yesterday!
    Anyway thanks so much for this info, You really are an inspiration to me! I am starting with the 'simple beginner's routine' as it skips the cardio, and I love the fact that I can eat whatever, I really don't mind the extra fat lol. I'm gonna measure myself properly soon so I know my starting weight, I'd love to be where you were after two years, though you look amazing now too. Thanks again for the help I'll try and update if I need any more info and advice xx