rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

whey protein causes frequent peeing?

ive been taking a whey shake consistently after my morning for years now. one thing i never understood is that after taking the shake around 8am, not only is my pee bright bright yellow, but i have to go approx 5-6 times between the hours of 8 and 12. finally around 1-2pm it starts to go away. this is becoming a bigger problem because i travel a lot for work and its a huge inconvenience to have to keep walking out of meetings to use the bathroom....i searched yahoo but did not find anything useful.....any tips?

Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prerequisite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Has this happened over the years or just recently?

rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What all are you consuming in the mornings? The bright yellow pee might be due to some dehydration. Make sure you are drinking enough water in the evenings. More info might yield some better answers.

Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmmm, do you drink like coffee or tea in the morning, cos that tends to make me pee more often, but not to the extent you say though

rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rrv312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    hmmm, do you drink like coffee or tea in the morning, cos that tends to make me pee more often, but not to the extent you say though
    ok...here is my exact morning regimen:

wake up at 5am
    2 fish oil pills
    4 musclepharm vitamins
    2 amino acid tablets

morning workout

isopure whey shake
    1 amino tablet

usually arrive back home and immediately have to use the bathroom. luckily, i work from home, but i constantly have to get up from my desk throughout the morning to take a piss. it has been this way since i started taking protein shakes several years ago. it has intensified in frequency only recently it seems. i timed it once and here was my bathroom schedule:

7:30am
    8:20am
    9:22am
    10:15am
    11am
    11:45am
    12:30pm

after that i went back to my normal bathroom schedule...but as you can see, my mornings can be quite uncomfortable to say the least. odd thing is that today, i havent gone as much...maybe only 2-3 times since i got back from the gym.

JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rrv312 View Post
    ive been taking a whey shake consistently after my morning for years now. one thing i never understood is that after taking the shake around 8am, not only is my pee bright bright yellow, but i have to go approx 5-6 times between the hours of 8 and 12. finally around 1-2pm it starts to go away. this is becoming a bigger problem because i travel a lot for work and its a huge inconvenience to have to keep walking out of meetings to use the bathroom....i searched yahoo but did not find anything useful.....any tips?
    lol bright yellow piss just means u need to drink some more water man. i wouldn't worry to much about it...

i drink so much water. i think i piss like every hr. and if im busy and i hold it for like another hr. i piss like a firefighter hose.

u talking about frequent pissing.... if u don't have diabetes i think ur good. and if ur stream ain't weak ur good.

konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's alot of vitamins your taking in = excess vitamin bs = bright yellow piss. Its what you get for taking unecessary vitamins (IMO). Drop the vitamins after your done them and eat a variety of food like vegetables (peppers, brocoli, asparagus, etc...) and fruit (apples, oranges, bananas) and you wont be pissing yellow. But if you do stay on your tablets do dirnk atleat 1 gallon of water a day.

is there a difference between dark yellow piss and bright neon yellow piss? cuz right now it is bright neon yellow.....i was always told that dark yellow meant i needed to drink more water

Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im not a doctor, but its weird thats its only in the morning
    if it was all day i would be a bit worried as that might indicated kidney problems

maybe take a week off that powder if you think its the problem? a week isnt gonna make you lose much anyway

is there a difference between dark yellow piss and bright neon yellow piss? cuz right now it is bright neon yellow.....i was always told that dark yellow meant i needed to drink more water
    bright neon is from the multivitamin
    i think its the riboflaven that causes it or one of the b vitamins, not 100% sure, but its normal occurance

rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    bright neon is from the multivitamin
    i think its the riboflaven that causes it or one of the b vitamins, not 100% sure, but its normal occurance
    Agreed, B vitamins can cause it. Try drinking some more water in the evening too. If you really need to know just remove the vitamins for a couple days see if it gets better. Troubleshoot it.

My 2 cent

all great tips. yeah it does only happen in the morning, but once it gets around lunch time, im usually able to go the rest of the day/night without having to go. ill try a few things to see what works....thanks

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like the others said, it's from your multivitamin. I recently switched Multi's for a GNC megaman, someone gave me a box for free, anyways, as soon as I started taking it my pee turned neon yellow. It's nothing to worry about, if it bothers you switch multi's. I had one I bought from BB.com that didn't have any effect on my piss.

You're probably peeing a lot because your drinking a lot of water due to the neon pee.

ARKode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok...here is my exact morning regimen:

wake up at 5am
    2 fish oil pills
    4 musclepharm vitamins
    2 amino acid tablets

morning workout

isopure whey shake
    1 amino tablet

usually arrive back home and immediately have to use the bathroom. luckily, i work from home, but i constantly have to get up from my desk throughout the morning to take a piss. it has been this way since i started taking protein shakes several years ago. it has intensified in frequency only recently it seems. i timed it once and here was my bathroom schedule:

7:30am
    8:20am
    9:22am
    10:15am
    11am
    11:45am
    12:30pm

after that i went back to my normal bathroom schedule...but as you can see, my mornings can be quite uncomfortable to say the least. odd thing is that today, i havent gone as much...maybe only 2-3 times since i got back from the gym.
    The reason for your frequent urination must be the increased amino intake ( if you notice labels on pre-workouts you'll see that they recommend you drink a LOT of water). I think amino before workouts is good , after your workout just the protein shake should be good. Yes, increased protein intake also increases urea in your blood and hence you will urinate more often. This is just stuff that i have understood from a lot of reading and some experience..not a doc.

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its not the whey protein that causes it.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kardoxo View Post
    Its not the whey protein that causes it.
    ^^^This. The only way you will pee more if by having a higher fluid intake, or by consuming anything diuretic like coffee.

Your pee is yellow from multivitamin and not consuming enough water.
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

Cowboys/Razorbacks/Mavs LoudyRowdy's Avatar
    LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LoudyRowdy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I pee so much...I can fill up an oil drum daily
    - Spot for sale

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LoudyRowdy View Post
    I pee so much...I can fill up an oil drum daily
    Frequent urination is a sign of prostate issues.. Jus sayin.

Mike
    ….