Jeeasper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeeasper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jeeasper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question i dont understand why everyone says this?

I have slowly been working out every part of my muscle with the correct form in a consistent basis, however I always here people saying that the only two lifts you need are deadlifts and squats. Why is this true? I thought deadlifts was your back only and squats were for your legs? If I only do these two every time I go to the gym will I get good results?

doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol wut.

xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMarx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    who ever said that was an idiot

Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latex69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jeeasper View Post
    I have slowly been working out every part of my muscle with the correct form in a consistent basis, however I always here people saying that the only two lifts you need are deadlifts and squats. Why is this true? I thought deadlifts was your back only and squats were for your legs? If I only do these two every time I go to the gym will I get good results?
    I highly doubt people only say to do those two things they are highly reccomended to do cause there great mass builders should add more isolations and compound lifts supplement those lifts.

NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000)
    judging by what you say i get the impression you are not on a split. Many studies have shown it is optimal to work out muscle groups 2x a week. Just some food for thought. Also SOME say squats bench and DL just because they are compounds and work many muscles oppose to isolation which is directly targeting a muscle

bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No. No to everything you said.

Deadlifts equal forearms (from picking that bitch up), upper back/rear shoulders (from keeping your upper back tight), lower back (from straightening your spine), glutes (from straightening up), quads (from breaking that bar up off the floor) and hamstrings (used to brace your legs). So you're looking at a great deal of the major and minor musculature all over your body.

Squats equals lower back (from keeping your upper body from folding in half), glutes, quads and hamstrings (same basic idea as deadlift), and calves (from keeping your balance). A single set of heavy squats is going to do more your legs and lower back than all of the isolation movements you would have to do in order to "work your muscles from every angle".

The two of those together will stress almost everything. Emphasis on almost. Your lats are not sufficiently stressed, your chest and triceps aren't touched and your biceps are only stressed isometrically. They will not do EVERYTHING, but they do a whole hell of a lot. As an example of a routine that would accomplish the "full body in few moves" goal, you could do something like:

Workout A:
    Deadlift
    Military Press
    Dips
    Weighted Crunch

Workout B:
    Squat
    Bench Press
    Chinups
    Hanging Leg Raises

Alternating that three times a week. (Note, this is just an example. Don't crucify me.) SS and it's variations are fantastic examples of hitting the whole body, or nearly the whole body, in this way. It requires more than just deadlift and squat, but you can see how much more they are than "squats for legs" or "deadlift for back".
    Controlled Labs • Orange Triad | Oximega | Glycergrow

Allmax • Taurine | Creatine Mono | Beta Alanine

Primaforce • Agmatine | Cit. Mal. | COP | ALCAR

teenlifter.blogspot.com WalpyyDoesItAll's Avatar
    WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bodyweight4ever View Post
    No. No to everything you said.

Deadlifts equal forearms (from picking that bitch up), upper back/rear shoulders (from keeping your upper back tight), lower back (from straightening your spine), glutes (from straightening up), quads (from breaking that bar up off the floor) and hamstrings (used to brace your legs). So you're looking at a great deal of the major and minor musculature all over your body.

Squats equals lower back (from keeping your upper body from folding in half), glutes, quads and hamstrings (same basic idea as deadlift), and calves (from keeping your balance). A single set of heavy squats is going to do more your legs and lower back than all of the isolation movements you would have to do in order to "work your muscles from every angle".

The two of those together will stress almost everything. Emphasis on almost. Your lats are not sufficiently stressed, your chest and triceps aren't touched and your biceps are only stressed isometrically. They will not do EVERYTHING, but they do a whole hell of a lot. As an example of a routine that would accomplish the "full body in few moves" goal, you could do something like:

Workout A:
    Deadlift
    Military Press
    Dips
    Weighted Crunch

Workout B:
    Squat
    Bench Press
    Chinups
    Hanging Leg Raises

Alternating that three times a week. (Note, this is just an example. Don't crucify me.) SS and it's variations are fantastic examples of hitting the whole body, or nearly the whole body, in this way. It requires more than just deadlift and squat, but you can see how much more they are than "squats for legs" or "deadlift for back".
    I may actually try that haha thanks man!
    My Teen Bodybuilding Q&A Blog
    http://teenlifter.blogspot.com/

Follow My Workout Journal From SUCKY TO YUCKY
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149154143&pagenumber=

Promera Sports Peak 400 LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154493663&pagenumber=

bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Always happy to help.
    Controlled Labs • Orange Triad | Oximega | Glycergrow

Allmax • Taurine | Creatine Mono | Beta Alanine

Primaforce • Agmatine | Cit. Mal. | COP | ALCAR

GoinMania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GoinMania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GoinMania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GoinMania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GoinMania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GoinMania has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jeeasper View Post
    i never done either of those exercises an i still got gains lol

nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000)
    You only need bench press and bicep curls. Srs.

re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bench, squat, deadlift and row/pullup are the main lifts you need.

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by re4l View Post
    Bench, squat, deadlift and row/pullup are the main lifts you need.
    This is actually my routine. Plus shrugs, pec deck & random tricep isolation (finish with situps, sometimes weighted). Combine the day's compound with an isolation, do high number of work sets (~6-8) after a bunch of warmup sets & done.

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol. dl and squats are just basic compound lifts that have a lot of benefits. that's why theyre so highly recommended. you could develop a perfectly good looking physique without them, but they are highly beneficial
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605