2nd_RoNNiE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking How Can You Grow?

When you train in normal days [which you didn't shock your muscle to avoid plateau], did you train to failure all the time? One of my friends told me that if you go to failure all the time, your body will addept to the failure condition and couldn't grow anymore [because one of the way to let your muscle will grow is to overload it]. Is this true? That the muscle will learned to 'remember' failure? If you didn't train to failure all the time... so you will not gain the most of your workout right? So how are you supposed to grow if you only could really 'train' your muscle on the shock day? So that the normal days will be useless?

Question

Can anyone please answer...?

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I Usually Train To Failure Every Workout (HIT), Just Train And Eat, and Like Everybody Advocates SLEEP!!

At last... a reply
    So training to failure all the time works? When your body addepts to it, how can you switch it to another type of plateau buster method as you already train to failure always? Do you make your workout a bit easy in your shock workout? I bet not. How can you change the intensity of your training as you always do your maximum intensity?

GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GFresh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    how could your muscles adapt to failure?? its a complete overload.. they cant even work again because youve worked them so hard. how can the body adapt to that?? only by getting stronger so it doesnt happen again methinks.
    If you think you can, or you think you cant, your right.

xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by 2nd_RoNNiE
    At last... a reply
    So training to failure all the time works? When your body addepts to it, how can you switch it to another type of plateau buster method as you already train to failure always? Do you make your workout a bit easy in your shock workout? I bet not. How can you change the intensity of your training as you always do your maximum intensity?
    you change the reps or exercises you do. or even simply swapping BB with DB's will work wonders... you can go to failure on 20 reps, or go to failure on 4 reps, the 2 offer very different effects

wraggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think failure is bad at all, thoe if you are a newbie to working out, I wouldn't recomend this every set you do. I see failure as one of the many methods to help make ones gym experience interesting. If you read Joe Weiders or Arnold Swa.... (u know), they give a lot of different ways to vary your workout and increase intesity. ie drop set, super set, negatives...

ur not goin to plateau after the first exercise, exspecially with failure. but im sure u already know this but if u keep doin the same thing over and over, ur muscles will adapt and make minimal growth. so in about a month to a month and an half, change up ur workout. there's so many things u can change to create stamina for growth, u just have to be creative.

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    failure can't be adapted to...ur friend is just wrong. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Example: You Bench 10 Reps For Your Warmup Set and then you Slap 235 on There and Hit Failure With 6

You Go Home EAT, REST, SLEEP

The Next Time You Hit The Gym you Do

Bench: Warmup 10 Reps, Throw 240 On There and Hit 6,. You Have Gotten Stronger and Measure Your Muscle Gain By The Mirror.

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YOUR BODY DOES ADAPT TO FAILURE... by making your muscles stronger!!!! there is no way that your body will stop growing as long as u eat enough and train to failure...NB doesnt mean u have 2 train to failure, sum ppl dont

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't train to failure except one set per workout. I'm not very smart, so instead I'll point you towards people that are:
    Training to failure info

Message Board King BallerPimp69's Avatar
    BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dude to the people who say training to failure makes u weak think of it like this : pretty much yall r saying peole who have never lifting are the strongest, sicne their muscles are fully primed and ready to go since they have never been wprn out

another reason for people saying this :they are sissys who dont work hard enough
    U might be able to lift more than me, but ill break ur ankles on the court

Madrasi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    At the risk of sounding arguementative, I must go against training to failure. Your lifting is controlled by your CNS (central nervous system). It tells your muscles when they are overloaded and fatigued, or rather, it relays the signals. If you consistently train for failure, your CNS can adapt to failure, which is a bad habit because slowly your strength gains will diminish. Now, you may think "I bodybuild, why do i care about strength?". Well, here's the catch. How do you overload a muscle? Increase the rep scheme or change it or INCREASE THE RESISTANCE. If you increase the weight you increase the total work done (given at a constant rep range) therefore overtaxing muscles. Now, training to failure every few sets is fine, BUT, if you carefully manage rep schemes and your diet you can manipulate your CNS to not know what failure is and increase strength gains, thus stressing muscles more as weight increasing and stimulating muscle growth. My personal theory is if im doing 3X6 and i fail on the 6th, then i change my rep scheme to 4X5 or better yet, 5X4, that way im two reps away from failing and my last set is usually a struggle without failing. Just my two cents, please no flames.
    (also, i am not a sissy)
    The Raja Of Muscledom

Newest Lifts @ 6'2 235
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 425
    DL- 455
    Clean- 225
    Jerk- 245
    Shot Put- 49'9"
    Disc- 145'7"