JustinBowling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Soccer Goalie Training: Needs analysis

So this is my first post on the site, and I wanted to make an account here to get some insight from some people who take working out seriously.

Next year will be my senior year, and my last year of high school sports, I really want to train harder than I ever have in my life so I am ready to excel in the upcoming season. In my past I have worked out sporadically, some heavy weight training for football, lots of cardio for cross country, and I did a mix of cardio and weight training for last year's soccer season. This year I am focusing solely on soccer and my grades, so my training will be consistent.

Heres the workout that I drew up after reading some articles online:
    Monday: Distance running, soccer with team, legs workout, abs and pushups.
    Tuesday: HIIT Sprints, medicine ball exercises, work on my goal kicks and punts.
    Wednesday: Plyometrics, distance running, soccer with team, abs, pushups, and then swim some laps.
    Thursday: Run, workout biceps and shoulders.
    Friday: HIIT sprints, Medicine ball exercises, goal kicks and punts, chest and tricep exercises, abs and pushups.
    Saturday: Plyometrics, and hills or bleachers.
    Sunday: rest.

I really need someones help analyzing this plan, it would really help and I would sincerely appreciate it.
    The main advice I need is what kind of weight exercises I should do, I am pretty knowledgable about interval training and cardio.

TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looks good man! all you need is some Fast Fuel to maximize your results

Originally Posted by JustinBowling View Post
    So this is my first post on the site, and I wanted to make an account here to get some insight from some people who take working out seriously.

Next year will be my senior year, and my last year of high school sports, I really want to train harder than I ever have in my life so I am ready to excel in the upcoming season. In my past I have worked out sporadically, some heavy weight training for football, lots of cardio for cross country, and I did a mix of cardio and weight training for last year's soccer season. This year I am focusing solely on soccer and my grades, so my training will be consistent.

Heres the workout that I drew up after reading some articles online:
    Monday: Distance running, soccer with team, legs workout, abs and pushups.
    Tuesday: HIIT Sprints, medicine ball exercises, work on my goal kicks and punts.
    Wednesday: Plyometrics, distance running, soccer with team, abs, pushups, and then swim some laps.
    Thursday: Run, workout biceps and shoulders.
    Friday: HIIT sprints, Medicine ball exercises, goal kicks and punts, chest and tricep exercises, abs and pushups.
    Saturday: Plyometrics, and hills or bleachers.
    Sunday: rest.

I really need someones help analyzing this plan, it would really help and I would sincerely appreciate it.
    The main advice I need is what kind of weight exercises I should do, I am pretty knowledgable about interval training and cardio.

AdiCore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have to play games at saterday or sunday, this will break you up and will make your performance worse. Take out the 'abs', 'biceps', 'shoulders' and 'chest' routines and pick up olympic lifts. These will improve your explosiveness, instead of making you heavier without more explosiveness like your bodybuilding workouts.

Originally Posted by TFFHQ View Post
    looks good man! all you need is some Fast Fuel to maximize your results
    What is fast fuel?

Originally Posted by AdiCore View Post
    If you have to play games at saterday or sunday, this will break you up and will make your performance worse. Take out the 'abs', 'biceps', 'shoulders' and 'chest' routines and pick up olympic lifts. These will improve your explosiveness, instead of making you heavier without more explosiveness like your bodybuilding workouts.
    Can you give me a link of some good olympic lift routines, I have never heard of them.

konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would focus a lot on some lateral (side to side) pylos/weight exercises as being a keeper you need to be quick side to side. Things like skaters/side lunges/side hops/laterals etc.... Things like squat deadlift power clean will also help..

AdiCore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JustinBowling View Post
    Can you give me a link of some good olympic lift routines, I have never heard of them.
    Power clean, power snatch, explosive deadlifts, explosive squats, you name it. All the big compound explosive excercises are sufficient.

Originally Posted by AdiCore View Post
    Power clean, power snatch, explosive deadlifts, explosive squats, you name it. All the big compound explosive excercises are sufficient.
    Thank you so much man, if you could answer just one more question I would be set, how many times a week should I do them?

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    As a goalie you need to work on quickness, explosiveness, and lateral movement. Goalie is a totally anaerobic position that requires no aerobic power. I would not focus on body part splits as they won't really help you, splits are only good for bodybuilding not sports. I would do a split more like this

Monday:
    Upper body push
    Lower body plyometrics

Tuesday:
    Lower body Strength
    Upper body plyometrics

Wednesday:
    Agility drills, sprints

Thursday:
    Upper body Pull
    Lower body plyometrics

Friday
    Active rest (bike, stretch)

This will allow you to build speed, quickness, and power, which is what you need for goalie and allow you to recover properly