Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

robbie_vlad's Multi-Sport Training Log

I've been back in training for 3 months now & I'm competing in numerous Triathlons, 5k's & Road Cycling Races in the upcoming months (July-Oct.), this is the thread that will follow my exploits. With training/competition I aim to push my limits of my physical & mental strength/endurance.

Routine Layout

Running:
    'X'mi. + hill repeats

Lifting:
    Warm-up - Dynamic Stretching & 15min light cardio (spin run or swim)
    Primary – Power Clean & Press 1x8, 5x3-5
    Lower Press – Squat Variation or Leg Press (Regular/box/split) 1x8, 5x3
    Upper Press – DB Press Variation (Incline/Flat/Decline) 1x8, 3x5-8
    Ass. Pull – Pull-up 2x8-12
    Ass. Press – Tri Dips 2x8-12
    Core - Cable Crunches 2x10-12
    Core - Hanging Leg Raise 2x18
    Core - Glute-Ham Raise 2x10-12
    Cool-down - Static Stretching

Cycling:
    'X'mi. + 20min. intervals

Lifting:
    Warm-up - Dynamic Stretching & 15min light cardio (spin run or swim)
    Primary – Power Clean & Press 1x8, 5x3-5
    Upper Pull – Row Variation (T-Bar/DB/Bent) 1x8, 3x5-8
    Upper Press – DB Press Variation (Incline/Flat/Decline) 1x8, 3x5-8
    Ass. Pull – Pull-up 2x8-12
    Ass. Press – Tri Dips 2x8-12
    Core - Cable Crunches 2x8-10
    Core - Weighted Side Bends 2x8-10
    Core - Glute-Ham Raise 2x10-12
    Cool-down - Static Stretching

Rest

Running:
    'X'mi. endurance bike+run

Rest

I also work 30+ hours a week as a bicycle mechanic (ride my bike to work & back most days ~10mi.) & an amateur photographer/videographer. I'll be posting up photos & videos whenever I get the urge/time, as well as any random rambling that comes through. Feel free to join on in, make comments/ask questions & just shoot-the-****!
    Last edited by robbie_vlad; 06-20-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yesterday (June 18th, 2012) I ran 5k at a recovery pace + 5min of intense hill sprints afterwards. Work 4-8PM.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

About to get on my bike to head to the gym, then work 2-8PM. It's another hot and gorgeous day out, I hope everyone else is doing well!

EDIT (June 19th 2012 update):

Rode my bike to the gym/work for a 12mi. round trip. I felt pretty good in the gym yesterday, moved up in weight on a few lifts and had a lot of energy in general. I'm going to make an effort to post my routine sessions the same day that they happen to make things a bit more continuous from now on.

Gym Session -

Warm-up: Spin 10min, dynamic stretching
    Clean & Press: 1x8 (75lbs) 4x3 (125lbs) 1x3 (135lbs)
    Leg Press: 1x8 (115lbs) 3x3 (475lbs) 2x3 (525lbs)
    DB Bench Press: 1x8 25lbs 3x8 (50lbs)
    Dips/Pull-ups Superset: 2x12 (each)
    Hanging Leg raises/Cable Crunch Superset: 2x18, 2x12 (120lbs)
    Glute-Ham Raise: 2x10 (25lbs)
    Last edited by robbie_vlad; 06-20-2012 at 04:47 AM.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

Another gorgeous day in the Roc! I love getting up early & stretching good, such a great start to a morning. I'm getting ready to head out on a nice 18mile bike ride, I'll be back in a bit to update & throw up some of the dates of the upcoming events I'm competing in.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

The girlfriend has been up since Wednesday night, so I haven't been on the computer very much haha. She leaves in a couple of hours, so back to business as usual. My bike ride the other day was great, held a constant 18mph for the entire ride and found a few more gorgeous roads to ride. I'm going for a quick 5k run before I work 4p-8p and riding my bike to work since it's so damn nice out again (the past few days have been hotter than hell). I haven't weighed myself in a while, so I think tomorrow morning I'll get a measurement before I swim for an hour or so before work. Good ****, everyone **** **** up today!
    Is breá liom mo eagla.