Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just cardio.. only cardio..

I have a question, most likely every guide thread i go it tells me i need to train with weights and do cardio to lose weight, now i wanted to know is if i do cardio, 500 Calories a day ( 1-1.25 hours a day ) for 7 days a week WITHOUT training with weights, will it give me a faster result, i'm not looking for better result, just for faster result in Kilo loss.

thanks

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Forzas View Post
    I have a question, most likely every guide thread i go it tells me i need to train with weights and do cardio to lose weight, now i wanted to know is if i do cardio, 500 Calories a day ( 1-1.25 hours a day ) for 7 days a week WITHOUT training with weights, will it give me a faster result, i'm not looking for better result, just for faster result in Kilo loss.

thanks
    Not necessarily, the rate of weight loss is going to depend on your deficit, not your routine/how you create a deficit. However, including weight training will help preserve LBM while in a calorie deficit, making improvements in your body composition that much quickly noticeable.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    people don't seem to know what cardio is

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your diet will give you the best results.

Diet + weights + cardio will give great results.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

thanks
    because its bodybuilding.com, its about weight lifting.
    If you are really 300 lbs, you should be doing lifting 3x a week and cardio 5-7 times to speed it up even further.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

thanks
    In terms of numbers on the scale, yes, it will be faster, because muscle tissue will atrophy while you lose fat. Then, when you are approaching a normal weight, you will find that with no muscle mass you will be a skinny dude with a flabby gut. So then you will do one of two things: you will give up in disgust because you still look fat in the mirror despite having a "healthy" BMI, or you will keep trying to cut below a healthy weight. If you succeed, you will transition from a skinny guy with a flabby gut to a skeletal figure with messed up hormones and you will be exceedingly weak, with very low energy levels.

Or you could lift weights as you cut, in which case you will lose fat faster but scale weight will move down more slowly. When you reach your goal weight you will look like a normal guy, at which point you can transition to a slow bulk and become a well-muscled normal guy, maybe even with visible abs when you take your shirt off. You will have loads of energy as you move through your day, and have functional strength to protect you from commonplace injuries and let you take part in physical activities and live a healthy lifestyle long term.

Tough choice, eh?

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)

thanks
    Yes you will burn more calories working harder at cardio then from lifting if you had to choose one or the other. Both is even better. Weight loss MOSTLY comes from a restricted diet.

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    In terms of numbers on the scale, yes, it will be faster, because muscle tissue will atrophy while you lose fat. Then, when you are approaching a normal weight, you will find that with no muscle mass you will be a skinny dude with a flabby gut. So then you will do one of two things: you will give up in disgust because you still look fat in the mirror despite having a "healthy" BMI, or you will keep trying to cut below a healthy weight. If you succeed, you will transition from a skinny guy with a flabby gut to a skeletal figure with messed up hormones and you will be exceedingly weak, with very low energy levels.

Or you could lift weights as you cut, in which case you will lose fat faster but scale weight will move down more slowly. When you reach your goal weight you will look like a normal guy, at which point you can transition to a slow bulk and become a well-muscled normal guy, maybe even with visible abs when you take your shirt off. You will have loads of energy as you move through your day, and have functional strength to protect you from commonplace injuries and let you take part in physical activities and live a healthy lifestyle long term.

Tough choice, eh?
    I don't mean to nit pick but a 300+ pounder doesn't need to worry about losing some LBM while dieting. Get the f'n weight off. When he gets much slimmer it becomes an issue.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by truushot View Post
    I don't mean to nit pick but a 300+ pounder doesn't need to worry about losing some LBM while dieting. Get the f'n weight off. When he gets much slimmer it becomes an issue.
    Why is it not an issue for the obese? Are you suggesting loss of LBM is beneficial for the obese, or not likely to happen?

Why is it not an issue for the obese? Are you suggesting loss of LBM is beneficial for the obese, or not likely to happen?
    Lets say that he's 100 pounds overweight. Up to 25 pounds of that can be LBM. Bone, muscle, connective tissue, blood vessels etc that he won't need after he loses the 100 pounds. It isn't all muscle and some of it that is muscle he doesn't need. I'm not suggesting that he shouldn't lift. He should. I answered which will burn more calories. Cardio almost always burns more calories then Lifting.

DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face

Lets say that he's 100 pounds overweight. Up to 25 pounds of that can be LBM. Bone, muscle, connective tissue, blood vessels etc that he won't need after he loses the 100 pounds. It isn't all muscle and some of it that is muscle he doesn't need. I'm not suggesting that he shouldn't lift. He should. I answered which will burn more calories. Cardio almost always burns more calories then Lifting.
    Wtf...

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    He will certainly still need his bones and blood vessels after he loses weight, this much I am sure of. The LBM you lose is mostly muscle and water. Your bones don't shrink when you lose fat. You also don't shed blood vessels. Why doesn't he need the muscle? I sure as hell want to keep every bit of it that I can during my cut. Cardio does not almost always burn more calories then lifting. It depends entirely on how much cardio you do, at what pace, and what your lifting routine is like. Plus cardio only burns while you are doing it. Lifting give a metabolism boost (a small one I know) that continues the burn long after you are done. I agree with everything dmacdonal9 said. I lost 100lbs and didn't lift weights for a about the first 60 lbs of that. I wish I would have. Skinny fat sucks almost as much as fat. Maybe even more because at least when I was fat I wasn't working hard for it. I busted my ass to be skinny fat and it sucked. Listen to dmac and hit the weights hard!

Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    He will certainly still need his bones and blood vessels after he loses weight, this much I am sure of. The LBM you lose is mostly muscle and water. Your bones don't shrink when you lose fat. You also don't shed blood vessels. Why doesn't he need the muscle? I sure as hell want to keep every bit of it that I can during my cut. Cardio does not almost always burn more calories then lifting. It depends entirely on how much cardio you do, at what pace, and what your lifting routine is like. Plus cardio only burns while you are doing it. Lifting give a metabolism boost (a small one I know) that continues the burn long after you are done. I agree with everything dmacdonal9 said. I lost 100lbs and didn't lift weights for a about the first 60 lbs of that. I wish I would have. Skinny fat sucks almost as much as fat. Maybe even more because at least when I was fat I wasn't working hard for it. I busted my ass to be skinny fat and it sucked. Listen to dmac and hit the weights hard!
    No, there is little burn after the effect in lifting. That is broscience. The weight loss is all muscle and water? No that isn't right.
    Yeah, he really needs that extra muscle around his ankles because he needs giant ankles to look good? All that fat and the area it takes up has blood vessels to support it. Once he loses the weight the body reabsorbs those blood vessels. Where do you think it goes?
    Yes, I agreed lifting is important but that wasn't the question asked. And it is a FACT you burn more calories with cardio then from lifting at almost all effort levels. Dude you lost 100 pounds, which is very impressive, but at some point you where going to be skinny fat no matter what you think. You can't cut calories and gain a lot of muscle, you need a calorie surplus to gain mass. People new to lifting will see some results but not a lot.
    What I said was right and with some research anyone can find this information much of it is linked on BB.com.

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Forget cardio and concentrate on diet.
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Resistance exercise and cardiovascular exercise aren't in a competition. They improve different aspects of your health and performance. All cardio will do for your diet is add to your total caloric deficit. Which can be acheived by simply eating less. Losing fat is a gradual process. Forget about choosing one or the other; just do both and eat less. Unless you have a problem with feeling better and being stronger. I know plenty of people half my size who don't do cardio and get winded walking up a few stairs. So cardio isn't unimportant.

Fat loss is your primary concern though, so you just need to focus on your diet.

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, there is little burn after the effect in lifting. That is broscience. The weight loss is all muscle and water? No that isn't right.
    Yeah, he really needs that extra muscle around his ankles because he needs giant ankles to look good? All that fat and the area it takes up has blood vessels to support it. Once he loses the weight the body reabsorbs those blood vessels. Where do you think it goes?
    Yes, I agreed lifting is important but that wasn't the question asked. And it is a FACT you burn more calories with cardio then from lifting at almost all effort levels. Dude you lost 100 pounds, which is very impressive, but at some point you where going to be skinny fat no matter what you think. You can't cut calories and gain a lot of muscle, you need a calorie surplus to gain mass. People new to lifting will see some results but not a lot.
    What I said was right and with some research anyone can find this information much of it is linked on BB.com.
    You are using total bro science if you think the body "reabsorbs blood vessels" That is not how the circulatory system works. Blood vessels refer to veins, arteries, and capilaries. Veins and arteries being the biggest. They don't go anywhere unless they are surgically removed. Capillaries can be reabsorbed if you lose a lot of weight and keep it off for a very long time. The problem here is that they are so small they weigh virtually nothing and hardly contribute to loss of LBM. Capillaries are only large enough for 1 blood cell to travel trough at a time. The body has some 25000 miles of capillaries in it so the loss of some from fat tissue is insignificant.

How much muscle is he really going to lose from his ankles? Fat or not humans only have so much muscle in areas like ankle. The majority of muscle lost will come from the larger muscles in the body. Just like the majority of fat loss will occur where the body stores the most fat. If you lose 100 pounds from doing nothing but cardio a good percentage of it will come from muscle mass in desired areas.

You do not have to become skinny fat. This just isn't true. I never stopped my cut. Been going on for 1.5 years. I started lifting seriously about 6 months ago. I gained LBM while I lost weight because I was new to lifting and undertrained. This cured my skinny fat. I am by no means extremely muscled but I don't have a gut what so ever and I'm starting to develope visible abs. If I wouldn't have started lifting and kept up with the same cardio and diet I am doing now I wouldn't look anything like I do. I would still have a gut and I would not have the slightest bit of abs. Also I have a small amount of loose skin. Without lifting I would have quite a bit more. Just another reason lifting is so vital.
    Last edited by vismal; 06-18-2012 at 12:00 AM.

One of the consequences of becoming obese, surprisingly enough, is that a portion of the total weight gained is lean body mass (LBM). On average, of the total weight gained, LBM may make up about 25% of the total. So if someone puts on 100 pounds of weight, and this is without training mind you, as much as 25 pounds of it could be expected to be LBM. I’d note that this process is not unlimited, even the very obese seem to hit an upper limit of LBM; above that point further weight gain is almost pure fat.

In any case, I’d also mention a portion of this LBM is actual skeletal muscle. Ever notice the leg and calf size on bigger folks? Huge with the strength levels to match. Think of becoming obese in the long-term as the ultimate in progressive overload, the increasing body weight acts as an overload for lower body muscles and they hypertrophy in response.

But not all of it is actual muscle tissue, some of it is what researchers are now calling inessential LBM. Basically it’s increased connective tissue, glycogen, water, etc. that is gained as body weight increases. It’s also usually accepted among obesity researchers that, because of this gain, up to 25% of the total weight lost can come from LBM.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...er-part-2.html

I guess you think Lyle McDonald doesn't know what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    You are using total bro science if you think the body "reabsorbs blood vessels" That is not how the circulatory system works. Blood vessels refer to veins, arteries, and capilaries. Veins and arteries being the biggest. They don't go anywhere unless they are surgically removed. Capillaries can be reabsorbed if you lose a lot of weight and keep it off for a very long time. The problem here is that they are so small they weigh virtually nothing and hardly contribute to loss of LBM. Capillaries are only large enough for 1 blood cell to travel trough at a time. The body has some 25000 miles of capillaries in it so the loss of some from fat tissue is insignificant.

How much muscle is he really going to lose from his ankles? Fat or not humans only have so much muscle in areas like ankle. The majority of muscle lost will come from the larger muscles in the body. Just like the majority of fat loss will occur where the body stores the most fat. If you lose 100 pounds from doing nothing but cardio a good percentage of it will come from muscle mass in desired areas.

You do not have to become skinny fat. This just isn't true. I never stopped my cut. Been going on for 1.5 years. I started lifting seriously about 6 months ago. I gained LBM while I lost weight because I was new to lifting and undertrained. This cured my skinny fat. I am by no means extremely muscled but I don't have a gut what so ever and I'm starting to develope visible abs. If I wouldn't have started lifting and kept up with the same cardio and diet I am doing now I wouldn't look anything like I do. I would still have a gut and I would not have the slightest bit of abs. Also I have a small amount of loose skin. Without lifting I would have quite a bit more. Just another reason lifting is so vital.

Didn't I say that the untrained would have some LBM gains?

Just because something happened for you doesn't mean that it applies to everyone. You didn't gain significant muscle mass while consuming less then your TDEE. That isn't how it works. Show us the data, the studies that show that people do that with regularity.

How much muscle did you put on while cutting?

If 100 pounds of weight is lost in a year, loose skin is a very likely result. Maybe my use of blood vessels was inaccurate. I did mean the smaller capillaries. I failed to mention skin as well.

In a perfect world, cutting very slowly, at only .5 to 1 pound a week, you might avoid skinny fat. You might avoid loose skin but most super obese people don't loose weight that way nor do they want to.

You lost 100 or more pounds, did you want your weight loss to take 2 or 3 years?

Skinny fat is almost a guarantee and nothing to be worried about or ashamed of. Its part of the process.

Great job on your transformation. You look great. (do I need to say NO HOMO at my age?)

srh90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srh90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tough choice, eh?
    I agree with this +1
    I was very close to the 300 lb range at only 5 foot 7. At my biggest I was 265. I tried the ONLY cardio thing. No lifting, ate at a huge deficit, did a huge amount of cardio every single day. Lost about 1 pound every day. It worked right? Got down to about 189 (before I did sports) No. Was not efficient. I gained almost ALL of it back as soon as I stopped my huge calorie deficit and elliptical everyday and now Im pretty much back where I was. By no means am I an expert at fitness, I am a beginner for sure, but I can say, do it right no matter what your weight is. Cardio + Lift + Diet. You'll be happier and have better results in the long run.

Originally Posted by srh90 View Post
    I agree with this +1
    I was very close to the 300 lb range at only 5 foot 7. At my biggest I was 265. I tried the ONLY cardio thing. No lifting, ate at a huge deficit, did a huge amount of cardio every single day. Lost about 1 pound every day. It worked right? Got down to about 189 (before I did sports) No. Was not efficient. I gained almost ALL of it back as soon as I stopped my huge calorie deficit and elliptical everyday and now Im pretty much back where I was. By no means am I an expert at fitness, I am a beginner for sure, but I can say, do it right no matter what your weight is. Cardio + Lift + Diet. You'll be happier and have better results in the long run.
    You didn't gain the weight back because you hadn't been lifting. You gained the weight back because once your cut stopped you consumed more calories then your TDEE. He asked which was better for weight loss. Lifting or Cardio. Cardio burned more calories, so you will lose more weight doing cardio if you had to choose one or the other.

He asked which was better for weight loss. Lifting or Cardio. Cardio burned more calories, so you will lose more weight doing cardio if you had to choose one or the other.
    I don't see him asking that. He said:

if i do cardio, 500 Calories a day ( 1-1.25 hours a day ) for 7 days a week WITHOUT training with weights, will it give me a faster result, i'm not looking for better result, just for faster result in Kilo loss.
    And the answer is yes, a faster result in thjerms of weight loss. But that's the wrong path.

And I know what you're saying about it burning more calories, that's true, but if someoe had only X minutes per day for exercise, those X minutes will always be more profitably spent lifting weights than doing cardio, for fat loss. The reason is long term. Resistance training preserves lean mass and keep BMR higher than not doing it, AND it avoids the skinny fat issue he will otherwise experience near the end of his weightloss.

I don't see him asking that. He said:

And the answer is yes, a faster result in thjerms of weight loss. But that's the wrong path.

And I know what you're saying about it burning more calories, that's true, but if someoe had only X minutes per day for exercise, those X minutes will always be more profitably spent lifting weights than doing cardio, for fat loss. The reason is long term. Resistance training preserves lean mass and keep BMR higher than not doing it, AND it avoids the skinny fat issue he will otherwise experience near the end of his weightloss.
    Weight loss, for very large people, is about what the scale says. That is their motivation. Yes, in a perfect world all people would do what you suggest but for most it simply isn't going to happen. The biggest threat to many of the super obese is that the weight can kill them. Cutting the weight is what matters initially and the scale provides that motivation as long as it goes in the right direction. Is is right? No. Is it the best way? No. It is the reality. Some loss of LBM is going to happen. It has to happen. I simply don't believe that most people can accept the slower results and I still think most will end up with "skinny fat" issues anyway.

mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500)
    I started off losing like that and now my legs look like toothpicks. Do not recommend lol

rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in terms of numbers on the scale, yes, it will be faster, because muscle tissue will atrophy while you lose fat. Then, when you are approaching a normal weight, you will find that with no muscle mass you will be a skinny dude with a flabby gut. So then you will do one of two things: You will give up in disgust because you still look fat in the mirror despite having a "healthy" bmi, or you will keep trying to cut below a healthy weight. If you succeed, you will transition from a skinny guy with a flabby gut to a skeletal figure with messed up hormones and you will be exceedingly weak, with very low energy levels.

Tough choice, eh?
    this!!!