mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Schooling for Personal Training

Hey guys, this is my first post in this section. So my current situation: Currently deployed to afghanistan. When I get back I'm looking towards schooling and I don't want to go in aimlessly. Ultimately I'd like to see myself as a trainer/gym owner. Figured this is the best place to ask if any about what kinds of schooling and certificates it takes to achieve this. Just looking for a nudge in the correct direction. I realize talking to a school rep or someone in person might be a little bit more accurate, but as you can guess... we don't get those commodoties out here, lol. Thank you everyone in advance. I'll check back often to see any updates.

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's a lot of information in the Sticky's about actually becoming a trainer. If you're looking at opening your own gym/club, you'll most likely want to have some business courses. It would be helpful to have some sort of degree in the health/fitness industry (eg exercise science, kinsiology, etc) to add some prestige/merit/credibility to what you do. A degree in those fields will also give you some elementary experience with program planning and things of the sort.

I would recommend having some experience in the industry (ie being just a personal trainer) before looking to open up your own facility. I know that NASM certifications/credentials are certified education programs with the VA, which means they qualify for your GI Bill. http://www.nasm.org/military/

Ultimately you should look into the various CPT's available and see which one works best for you and what you want to do.

mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mAterialize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well thank you very much. That post is loaded with info I can use. I'll get right on those and learn more.. Thanks again