Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500)

Looking for Strength and Endurance, Babylover's SS? Variations?

Hey so I have been lifting for about 6 months now and i have made some decent gains in strength:

Bench: 95-150X5
    Squat: 185X5 (still trying to get form down so i think i can do more)
    Deadlift: 215X5

But im not looking for this type of strength. I am going into the Navy in about 6 months (currently in DEP) so i want to get ready for it. I can only do about 40-50 pushups and i want to be able to do 100. But i also want to get stronger and put on muscle mass...

So i was thinking of doing a Babylover's SS except change the rep ranges, like maybe switch from heavy to light days. (I know its not babylover's ss anymore if i change it) And then also maybe doing pushups and running on the rest days or at the end of each workout.

So what do you guys think of this? Do you have any better suggestions? Any input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500) Navynukeman is not very helpful. (-500)
    cmon anybody?

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Training specificity. Basically to train for army/navy requirements, you want to do exactly what you will be tested on because anything else has diminished carryover. Runners train for marathons by running 5-10 mile runs frequently.

So I think you have a good layout. Do modified SS 2x per week. And then a targeted military training regiment 2x per week - pushups, pullups, running - whatever you want to improve.

Take pullups as an example - probably the most effective method to improve the number of bodyweight pullups you can do is to do pullups often - lookup Pavel Tsatsouline's greasing the groove program design.

WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WApolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've found training everyday to be effective for getting better at bodyweighr stuff like pushups and pull ups.
    Start with a certain number of pushups and pullups and add one more each day. In 6 months you'll be able to do alot more.

Originally Posted by ptwa9 View Post
    Training specificity. Basically to train for army/navy requirements, you want to do exactly what you will be tested on because anything else has diminished carryover. Runners train for marathons by running 5-10 mile runs frequently.

So I think you have a good layout. Do modified SS 2x per week. And then a targeted military training regiment 2x per week - pushups, pullups, running - whatever you want to improve.

Take pullups as an example - probably the most effective method to improve the number of bodyweight pullups you can do is to do pullups often - lookup Pavel Tsatsouline's greasing the groove program design.
    Thanks man