Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500)
    i got something like 365lbs weight for $180 from craigslist
    the bar was nice and new too
    Egg foo young, En lo mein, so come on baby and have it just the same woooooynga

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NewellRZ View Post
    Hey guys,
    Thanks a lot for the replies about the Weider 300lbs Olympic Weight Set. This is so late and I feel bad for never posting the pics. Im real sorry. School semester started and got caught up with all that. But here are the pics for the guys still wanting to look at the set. I definitely recommend them for anyone. Not all good top notch quality but like many of you guys said, they are weights and will do what they are intended to do. Pack on that muscle!!! Check out the attachement pictures. I wasnt able to take a pic with the whole plates on the bar sorry.
    More pics
    When I stumble into the Ivanko and York threads, I'm looking for pron. The kind of pron thats easy on the eye, doesn't cross any boundries, or break any taboos- something that if I got caught reading/beating to, I could just say; "Hey, I'm just a man". But these pics... these pics are something else. These pics are the sort you look over your shoulder a few times, try to finish as quick as you can, and prey you don't get caught with- as no one will understand. These are the '50 and Over' of the iron pron world. Its iron pron- but no one should be looking at it.

My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=ProtienandIron;1001113403]When I stumble into the Ivanko and York threads, I'm looking for pron. The kind of pron thats easy on the eye, doesn't cross any boundries, or break any taboos- something that if I got caught reading/beating to, I could just say; "Hey, I'm just a man". But these pics... these pics are something else. These pics are the sort you look over your shoulder a few times, try to finish as quick as you can, and prey you don't get caught with- as no one will understand. These are the '50 and Over' of the iron pron world. Its iron pron- but no one should be looking at

Hey ProteinandIron,
    Why do you say that thought?

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey ProteinandIron,
    Why do you say that thought?
    Why? It's Weider, that's why. If you need an elaboration from that, you wouldn't understand. . . .
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Why? It's Weider, that's why. If you need an elaboration from that, you wouldn't understand. . . .
    Yeah, pretty much this^.

Iron is iron, and you'll do just fine with it. It was just a joke, with no offence meant.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) befit46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They weider weights are fine, I have those and standard and I prefer the weiders due to the grip design. I've trained at all kinds of gyms let me tell you 300lbs of Ivanco, york (back in the day) and weider all feels the same. Half the guys putting them down are 150lbs and cant bench 300lbs. Don't worry about what people think just use them and get big.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i traded my 45 pound weiders just like what you have pictured for some better grip plates. they were horribly inaccurate. i weighed one and it was only 42 pounds. one of them was leaking too. no i have no idea O_o (perhaps some soda got inside it when i was removing the rust from it)

i recently got some smaller 25 pounders same design and those are more accurate so i kept them.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They're fine.
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    you will grow just as much with a weider set as you will with the most expensive ivanko (or whatever brand) set...bank on it.

when you need more weight, you can get the cheapest plates you can find on craigslist. not a lick of difference will it make on progress.

the only thing, imo, worth spending more on is a quality bar that will handle the pounding over time.

as far as weider...yes, they make quite a few less than quality racks, machines, etc....

but, weight is weight is weight.

just lift it and they will come (your muscles, that is)
    This. Really to make progress all you need is some heavy **** to pick up. Weight is weight. If you continue to train and become stronger you will most likely have to replace the bar with something better and more sturdy but not for a decent amount of time.

All of my weights are second hand, I've never weighed them for accuracy and don't really care to. As long as I am lifting something that feels heavy, I am making progress

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LimitStrength View Post
    This. Really to make progress all you need is some heavy **** to pick up. Weight is weight. If you continue to train and become stronger you will most likely have to replace the bar with something better and more sturdy but not for a decent amount of time.

All of my weights are second hand, I've never weighed them for accuracy and don't really care to. As long as I am lifting something that feels heavy, I am making progress
    Dude, all of my "weights" are second- or third-hand. And I had to repaint them too. They're also American-made and milled. Weight is weight. But not all weight is equal. You've grasped only part of the true riddle of iron. . . .
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had these 10 and 5 lb plates that I use for my dumbbells for a few years now. No complaints.

They've outlasted the bulldog in that photo. *and he was pretty tough

HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkTime7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the same plates. Seems like every other weekend Sears has a great deal on these.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Dude, all of my "weights" are second- or third-hand. And I had to repaint them too. They're also American-made and milled. Weight is weight. But not all weight is equal. You've grasped only part of the true riddle of iron. . . .
    Obviously in a perfect world one should only train with precisely calibrated weights. But I personally don't get caught up in it. For how I train, Maximal effort training revolves around training to strain. Doesn't matter how much weight is on the bar as long as you strain. More over, Dynamic effort training revolves around maximum force production with sub maximal weights. Exact bar weight isn't really important, more the amount of force production and speed.

Basically the numbers on the bar don't matter as long as you are achieving the desired training effect. This pretty much goes for any training. I don't really see how small deviations in weight would be a big deal performance wise for anyone not totaling elite.

Point is, I agree, if you can afford calibrated plates or want to go through the effort of weighing all your plates, go for it. But don't become paralyzed by a need to have the perfect equipment for the job. Make due with what you have and what you can afford, your results won't differ much as long as you are training hard.

LS, that's a little more, but still not all of the answer to the riddle. Hoffman v. Weider is still another piece.
    Last edited by AttyGuy; 01-26-2013 at 08:11 AM.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice plates OP. I would definitely look to upgrade the bar down the line, but for now, you got a pretty nice set to start with. Get to liftin. And thanks for the pics.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

Currently cutting 4 beach ProteinKreatin's Avatar
    ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ProteinKreatin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Doens't look bad att all Considering the price, it was probably very cheap compared to where I live.

8===D~~~~ (.) (.) p0opstlnksal0t's Avatar
    p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Does anyone know if these cheap weider plate sets 45lb plates are 450mm O.D.?
    MY PROGRESS PICS 330lbs-50%bf to 225lbs 19.5%bf
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2233281

Im Back!!! with progress pics... 330lbs to 230lbs.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2112301

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    seriously, you bumped a five year old thread to ask about cheap plates?
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    seemed more appropriate than making a new thread.

can anyone measure the OD of their 45lb weider plate?

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Why bother, he won't listen anyway ? At least the OP had ordered them, and couldn't cancel, he had an excuse. The thing that scares me is how many good threads have lost pictures, due to expired hosting, and this crap one still exists, pictures and all.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
    Does anyone know if these cheap weider plate sets 45lb plates are 450mm O.D.?
    ill measure later today. picked up some cheap the other day
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
    seemed more appropriate than making a new thread.

can anyone measure the OD of their 45lb weider plate?

You'd have to specify which Weider plate series you're talking about first. They've made a handful of different ones over the years.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

I think I've decided to skip over the Weider plate pour some Craigslist finds thanks for beating it out of me guys