Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Weider 300lb Olympic Weight Set

Hey everyone,

I just ordered a weight set from Sears. Its the Weider brand and its a 300lb olympic set. Unfortunelty I didnt do enough research before buying the set and now notice that everyone speak bad about the Weider company and their products. So im curious on what you guys really think. IM A BEGINNER btw. Is it that bad? Thanks

sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gotta start somewhere, anything is better than nothing at that point.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Which Weider set? And why buy new?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think if I was in your shoes this is what I would do if I decided to stay with this set.

1. Weigh each plate for accuracy. (If there is a large discrepancy exchange for an accurate one)
    2. Inspect each center hole for debris or forging slag. (If there is any, file or sand it smooth to minimize damage to your bar sleeves.)
    3. Load the bar and lift it.

Other than that not much else really matters. When you gain more experience and knowledge you will need to expand your set and that may be a perfect time to upgrade if you choose to. Good luck and lift safe.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    they will work fine for you and for 99.9% of every other lifter who works out in their garage. the plates may not be 100% dead on but if they are off they will only be a fraction off so dont worry about it.
    Follow me on instagram mcleod209

hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i got some, they are decent for home imo . The ones i have are vinyl or plastic covered and colored , like this one olympicweightset.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/weider-300-lb-olympic-handle-set.jpeg

Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keenl3ody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a ****ty weight set is better than no weight set. do you have a link to it?
    for me, the hardest part about lifting weights is leaving the gym when my workout is finished. I keep checking my log book but it keeps telling me that it's the last set. even worse, tomorrow is rest day. fml

TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TZA13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i had on of their home gyms i broke it, the metal where the pulley where located peeled apart

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you will grow just as much with a weider set as you will with the most expensive ivanko (or whatever brand) set...bank on it.

when you need more weight, you can get the cheapest plates you can find on craigslist. not a lick of difference will it make on progress.

the only thing, imo, worth spending more on is a quality bar that will handle the pounding over time.

as far as weider...yes, they make quite a few less than quality racks, machines, etc....

but, weight is weight is weight.

just lift it and they will come (your muscles, that is)
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The bar probably isnt worth a damn but it will hold 300#. At least when you outgrow the bar, the plates are still useful. I wouldnt add a single plate above 300# though.

NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewellRZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well unfortunetly i bought it already and there is no way I can return it. But I got it at sears..
    Bodybuilding.com isnt letting me post links so you can go on sears.com and type in weider 300lb weight set and its the first one that comes up thanks dude.

lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The first one that came up for me was a 300 lbs USA Sports set for $399.99 which actually looked pretty good to me. If it was the Weider one for $249.99 or something, its not a bad looking setup. I seriously would not add more weight than what you get though unless you baby step it up and have someone watch for serious flex.

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used Weider weights for around 10 years without a problem. Get to work OP.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had three Weider olympic sets over the years: Two Weider International sets, and a hammertone grip plate set. Two of the three were actually pretty nice, but one of them was the absolute worst set of olympic weights I'd ever seen. The quality varies wildly according to which company in China Weider's dealing with. I bought all the sets real cheaply used on craigslist when buying other gear as "package deals" and got rid of them.

While it's easy for Weider to make racks and benches of very thin metal and fool the public into buying it thinking that it's sturdy enough, it's harder for them to do the same thing with weights. Check for cracks, hollow spots, and burrs -- anything that looks like the plate is miscast. If they are miscast, don't settle and return them or exchange them for ones that are well-cast.

Bottom line is that you should be happy with your olympic set. Have confidence in it, and enjoy it.

rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a Weider bar with the hammertone plates and they work great for me. Most weight I had on the bar was about 335 and I had no issue. Being a beginner you will not out grow this set for a long time so enjoy it.

Thanks dudes. They weights are coming in on Wednesday. I cant return them cause the delivery was a 70dollars non refundable/ I dont have a car to deliver it back, etc. But lets just hope Weider's 300lb Olympic set that I got gets here in good condition and the weights and bar are accurate. Ill keep you guys posted when they come in. As many of you's said "weight are weights" Most if not all will do what I bought them to do.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weights are weights. Really. You'll get just as strong lifting concrete as you will iron, or steel, or polyurethane. Sell the bar and get a better one, even a Rogue Beater bar. If you find you like the weights, get another set and sell the bar. Then, you'll have 500 pounds of matching weights.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

MagicMark40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if thats the weider weight set that costs like $100 bucks for a bar and 300 lbs of rubber plates than it was a steal. clearly, its not the highest quality bar and all the plates are cheap rubber ones, but it works right? plus 300 lbs is probably more than enough. just be careful with the plates b/c they crack and chip very easily and they take up ALOT of space on the bar for their weiht. as long as you don't buy any more rubber weight plates than you shouldn't run out of room on the barbell (must be cautious of this bc the bar is full looking from the picture)

hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you will be fine imo. The weider bar I have here I have no complaints about.. Be happy with it, unless a diehard bodybuilder comes over to your place and dogs you for your weider set. lol

Is the Weider olympic bar that you have 45lbs? I know it should be but somebody told me that Weider is known for selling olympic bars that are 35lbs...Thanks for the post though

rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rongizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mines is ever bit of 45lbs. Weighs the same as my Cap bar.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best advice at this point is to just look them over and be done with it. Don't weigh them out. Really doesn't matter. I started with a Sports Authority set, then Fitness gear plates. Just lift and be happy. One day you might upgrade, at least now you know what to look for.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Okay so I finally recieved the weight set! They look great fit properly on the olympic bar and the best part is that... The Weider bar is ACTUALLY accurate in weight! a total of 45lbs!!! Im extremely happy for that. The weights/plates are not all that smooth. I would say 85% smooth because a lot of parts are rough, distorted, and just a little chipped. But thats not biggy. I will most definitely post some pictures up when I get the chance real soon!. Oh, and the weights/plates are also accurate in weight. Im extremely surprised. Im glad that even though I wasted a lot of money on this set it came out to be pretty neat. At least now I know a little more about weights and workout equipment thanks to you guys and in the future will make a much much better investment. But for now, I would say that the Weider 300lb Olympic Weight Set will do.! Thanks again. Stay tuned for the pics ! =)

Originally Posted by NewellRZ View Post
    Okay so I finally recieved the weight set! They look great fit properly on the olympic bar and the best part is that... The Weider bar is ACTUALLY accurate in weight! a total of 45lbs!!! Im extremely happy for that. The weights/plates are not all that smooth. I would say 85% smooth because a lot of parts are rough, distorted, and just a little chipped. But thats not biggy. I will most definitely post some pictures up when I get the chance real soon!. Oh, and the weights/plates are also accurate in weight. Im extremely surprised. Im glad that even though I wasted a lot of money on this set it came out to be pretty neat. At least now I know a little more about weights and workout equipment thanks to you guys and in the future will make a much much better investment. But for now, I would say that the Weider 300lb Olympic Weight Set will do.! Thanks again. Stay tuned for the pics ! =)
    Please post if the bar is solid when loaded up with all the weights or if it flexes. Thanks.

sounds good, they will be good. As long as no hardcore branded bodybuilder comes to your place and disses you for your weider set, be good. Looking forward to pics.

Cool The pics!

Hey guys,
    Thanks a lot for the replies about the Weider 300lbs Olympic Weight Set. This is so late and I feel bad for never posting the pics. Im real sorry. School semester started and got caught up with all that. But here are the pics for the guys still wanting to look at the set. I definitely recommend them for anyone. Not all good top notch quality but like many of you guys said, they are weights and will do what they are intended to do. Pack on that muscle!!! Check out the attachement pictures. I wasnt able to take a pic with the whole plates on the bar sorry.
    Attached Images

More pics
    Attached Images

granttttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those are actually pretty cool looking plates. Weight is weight. What really matters in the long run is a good bar.

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have several sets of those weights that I have had for over ten years. They have held up very well and I really like having the grip style. I did not like the bar that came with them and was able to trade them off at a Play it Again Sports. However, the set should give you years of good use.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Saw the pictures. Those are identical to one of the three Weider sets I've had over the last couple of years. They were, by far, the best of the Weider sets I owned. I liked the grip style. I sold them, though. A guy came by my house the other night and he was praising the Weider grip plates, too.

Good luck with yours.