Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yes, I eat McDonald's five times a week.

However, it's only in the morning during the weekdays. I eat two bacon, egg & cheese biscuits (w/o the cheese) every morning before 10:30am (I'm sure none of you in this forum knows this but that's the time mcd's switches over from breakfast to lunch).

Now, I'm a classic hardgainer. I have to consume roughly 3500-4000 calories a day to gain any type of weight. Two B,E&C biscuits are close to 1000 calories. That's a really helpful boost in the morning and to my caloric intake.. and to be frank, I'm addicted to them. So delicious.

Anyone have an educated opinion (as opposed to one purely based on disgust) on this? I'm not eating the fries or cheeseburgers or cokes or whatnot.. just the two bacon/egg biscuits. I figure McDonald's could adulterate a biscuit, some eggs and bacon only so much.. I may be wrong..

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IIFYM, do it. I've fit whole pints of B&J's into my daily macros in the past without problems very happily.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My opinion is Hardee's has amazing chicken fried steak biscuits for breakfast. Fits beautifully into my day when I have one or two occasionally.

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post
    IIFYM, do it. I've fit whole pints of B&J's into my daily macros in the past without problems very happily.
    In the past? I can do that everyday. I dont because b&j's is expensive so I make it last but I can.

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by miacanesfan25 View Post
    In the past? I can do that everyday. I dont because b&j's is expensive so I make it last but I can.
    Why do you think it's "in the past"? I barely scrape together enough cash for the basics now, don't have $5/day for a pint of B&J's haha.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyone have an educated opinion (as opposed to one purely based on disgust) on this?
    My educated opinion is that it's not worth the calories, at least in my case. I do live near a McDonald's and I do consider eating there on a fairly regular basis, but with my size I can get more out of different choices.

But my TDEE is a good 1500-2000 calories less than yours, so my rationale for avoiding fast food doesn't necessarily apply to you.
    Science improves practice, practice advances science.

TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000) TitanFB11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I mean, in terms of body comp./ results, its fine. Its not going to make you look any worse just cause its mcdonalds. But in terms of health, Its prolly not the best idea seeing tht its ****ty quality. But Yeah its fine if thts wht you want.
    "Hard work dosent go unseen, unless hard work isnt present"

Yore Mawm.

NOBROSCIENCETOLERATED ***FuxWithMe***

Registered User EmileinQuestion's Avatar
    EmileinQuestion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EmileinQuestion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EmileinQuestion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EmileinQuestion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EmileinQuestion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EmileinQuestion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EmileinQuestion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thats not bad, i eat 2 sausage mcmuffins and 2 hashbrowns every morning on my first break, the double cheeseburgers an onion ring and a real fruit smoothie on lunch, and arby's 2 roast beefs and a large curly. * months in everyday 6 times a week. Still only 175
    Mitsuyo Maeda>Carlos Gracie>Carlson Gracie Sr.>Ricardo de la Riva>Instructor(1stD)>Me

“Joe Rogan goes bananas but that doesn’t mean that that’s a hard move to pull off.”

Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post
    Why do you think it's "in the past"? I barely scrape together enough cash for the basics now, don't have $5/day for a pint of B&J's haha.
    Because you said "you've done it in the past". I said "why in the past, I can do it daily." I see why there's confusion here haha.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nobrah View Post
    My educated opinion is that it's not worth the calories, at least in my case. I do live near a McDonald's and I do consider eating there on a fairly regular basis, but with my size I can get more out of different choices.

But my TDEE is a good 1500-2000 calories less than yours, so my rationale for avoiding fast food doesn't necessarily apply to you.
    You've hit the nail though, I'm wondering whether the calories are worth it. However, as you stated, your caloric needs are close to half of mine. I suspect I'm TRYING to find a way to justify eating those wonderful little biscuits of evil. When David opened the jar in Prometheus, one of those biscuits was inside.. lol

Originally Posted by TitanFB11 View Post
    I mean, in terms of body comp./ results, its fine. Its not going to make you look any worse just cause its mcdonalds. But in terms of health, Its prolly not the best idea seeing tht its ****ty quality. But Yeah its fine if thts wht you want.
    Perhaps I really should try to consider the long term effects of eating sh*tty quality food for long periods of time..

Originally Posted by EmileinQuestion View Post
    thats not bad, i eat 2 sausage mcmuffins and 2 hashbrowns every morning on my first break, the double cheeseburgers an onion ring and a real fruit smoothie on lunch, and arby's 2 roast beefs and a large curly. * months in everyday 6 times a week. Still only 175
    Good grief. Although I have to say, f*cking love Arby's. Something about that Arby's sauce..

scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Won't make any difference to your physique. It's not really the best idea to eat fast food 5 times a week though, is it?

Good luck with the on-coming heart attack

Originally Posted by scotchchris View Post
    Good luck with the on-coming heart attack
    Sigh, it's funny cause it's true..

scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're struggling for calories turn to a mass gainer at least before you go to fast food. At least they are packed with vitamins.

Not that I recommend them right enough, I'm sure you can train yourself to eat bigger portions over time. Just be patient with it

escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50) escapist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wouldn't have it as an every day thing. mcdonalds pretty well rapes mother nature on a daily basis with the food they create

Originally Posted by scotchchris View Post
    If you're struggling for calories turn to a mass gainer at least before you go to fast food. At least they are packed with vitamins.

Not that I recommend them right enough, I'm sure you can train yourself to eat bigger portions over time. Just be patient with it
    Mass gainers and whey protein drinks tend to mess up my digestive tract or something.. ironically McD's does not..

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
    Wouldn't have it as an every day thing. mcdonalds pretty well rapes mother nature on a daily basis with the food they create
    True.. although, tbh, I'd rape mother nature on a daily basis too if it gave me bigger delts and quads..

(not srs.. lol)

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Last time i cut i ate McDonalds 7 times per week and didn't do any cardio at all. (serious)

Feelsgoodman

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    McDonalds is nasty son. More power to you.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

^Damn look at these 2 in a thread together, it's your lucky day, op.

Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Last time i cut i ate McDonalds 7 times per week and didn't do any cardio at all. (serious)

Feelsgoodman
    On a CUT? jesus what do you do when you bulk? do you mainline lard?

Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    McDonalds is nasty son. More power to you.
    I guess I feel powerful in that I've been eating this way for half a year now and haven't died or succumbed to some major illness..

Originally Posted by miacanesfan25 View Post
    ^Damn look at these 2 in a thread together, it's your lucky day, op.
    I suppose I'm still relatively too new to the forums to understand this..
    Although, based on their rep power and posts it's pretty easy to guess that both are in very high standing amongst the forum-ites.
    Last edited by rollerball; 06-16-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    <<< This guy also eats McDonald's 5x a week, plus other fast food/eat out. IIFYM honestly, why not? I stick to stuff like grilled chicken and egg mcmuffins, but sometimes ill get a biscuit and something tasty like a pie! But really, fast food isnt as bad as its made up to be if you can make the right choices. I mean obviously an angus bacon and cheese burger 5x a week is a bit overkill, but hey if you can fit it. Why not?
    Engineering Master Race

dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dt02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kinda loling at this whole IIFYM thing... there are things such as protein quality OP aka compete proteins and partial proteins. When you eat somewhere like McDonalds, that is in the business to make a buck, they typically serve shiitty meat. Therefore, the protein content is very low and therefore probably isnt being put to use. Also, different types of carbohdyrates are digested differently in the body. Fats are also used differently as well.

So, yeah, you may get some gains simply from having a surplus of calories, but what type of gains? Goodluck with your health goals, though as Im no expert on the quality of McDonalds, other than it is probably shiit.
    When you see it, you'll sh** bricks.

eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If I had 1000cals to throw around regularly, I'd err toward using them on something that didn't taste like salty cardboard.

Homemade bacon & eggs ftw.

pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pojo1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ill have fast food once in a while if it fits my macros, but honestly I think it is not worth the calories. For example, say you are cutting and eat 1000 cals at mcdonalds, if you ate 1000 cals of cleaner food such as lean steak with veggies and some type of carb, I bet those same 1000 calories would fill you up and last you longer than the 1000 cals of fast food. The fast food quality is also low. Just my $.02.

Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    Mass gainers and whey protein drinks tend to mess up my digestive tract or something.. ironically McD's does not..
    I know what you mean. I have bags sitting here I don't want to use. I'd rather force fed myself than turn to mass gainers, dont sit well in my stomach.

sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sometimes its alright to eat foods that aren't clean (like you don't have to eat just canned tuna, cc, chicken breast...) as long as they work for you and fit into your macros. Even mcds has some stuff that is alright to eat (grilled chicken burger), just try to stay away from stuff like hamburgers because the beef in it contains trans fat which is never good.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Need one of these OP, cooks eggs in the microwave. They come out decent and fit perfectly on an English muffin, add any additions you want and you have an easy breakfast made at home.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigpoppi18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    mcd's is on dat groce time now days. burgers might as well be made out of plastic now but some of there breakfast items are still hnnggghh mcgriddles and mcflurries wouldeat/10
    *FADE SHWEEZY*

bets blindly on whatever team shweezy isn't on

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Killshot1 View Post
    <<< This guy also eats McDonald's 5x a week, plus other fast food/eat out. IIFYM honestly, why not? I stick to stuff like grilled chicken and egg mcmuffins, but sometimes ill get a biscuit and something tasty like a pie! But really, fast food isnt as bad as its made up to be if you can make the right choices. I mean obviously an angus bacon and cheese burger 5x a week is a bit overkill, but hey if you can fit it. Why not?
    And because you do others would want to... Why?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YungKDaGawd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sounds awesome bro. In fact, as a nutrition expert, I have to suggest getting all of your calories from McDonald's. IIFYM!

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by YungKDaGawd View Post
    Sounds awesome bro. In fact, as a nutrition expert, I have to suggest getting all of your calories from McDonald's. IIFYM!
    lol