Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by 2GunsAndA6Pack View Post
    Haha strong indeed. Lurker mode.
    If i went to Uni i'd definitely want to go to one in London. My Local is UEA[Norwich].
    Do you get sick of the location over time or still loving it?
    Living in central takes some time to get used to, for me especially because I come from a semi-rural area. Then again I like to think myself as a city-boy at heart and I love the hustle and bustle of the city - you're living in one of the economic, political and cultural capitals of the world. Sometimes it can overwhelm you and there are some negative aspects - the constant noise, the air pollution, the crowds - but overall I like it a lot.
    "He pretends to be a duck, but he's not. He's a f*cking scam artist!" ~ Jason "Giovanni" Genova, Dark Sith Lord.

JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustinUK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MiscN00b View Post

Haha, UCL's exams are early so I've been finished with exams since the end of May! Just been chilling since then.

The most popular regular spots are Roxy's on sports night (Wednesdays) and Moonies on Mondays. Proud in Camden is also another popular spot. Then there's Fabric, Koko, Ministry of Sound, Tiger Tiger (Though now that's 21 yrs+). Because there's so many rich people at UCL (mostly foreign students) you also get guys going to the high end clubs - Movida, Funky Buddha and so on. Where do you go?

Good luck with your exams brah, smash the last one.
    Basically the same as I thought it would be. Especially Roxy and Moonies. Cheapskates on Wednesday is gold. Didn't know about Proud Camden, will check out when I finish. Yeah I always 'mire the rich students when I see there photos, strong parents bank roll.

Stream Of Consciousness ShredMethod's Avatar
    ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    are there asians in europe?
    Houston --> Jax --> Ft. Laud --> Orlando --> LA--> Vegas --> OC --> SD

MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by JustinUK View Post
    Basically the same as I thought it would be. Especially Roxy and Moonies. Cheapskates on Wednesday is gold. Didn't know about Proud Camden, will check out when I finish. Yeah I always 'mire the rich students when I see there photos, strong parents bank roll.
    Proud is good fun but it gets ridiculously packed so if you don't like being jostled about then it's not the place for you.

Meh, you can have a good time wherever you are, it all depends on your company.
    "He pretends to be a duck, but he's not. He's a f*cking scam artist!" ~ Jason "Giovanni" Genova, Dark Sith Lord.

Originally Posted by ShredMethod View Post
    Not sure if srs....

Yes. Yes there are.

At my uni over 40% of all students are from abroad and the majority of them are from Asia

ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000) ShredMethod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure if srs....

Yes. Yes there are.

At my uni over 40% of all students are from abroad and the majority of them are from Asia
    just hard to believe there are any asians anywhere else in the world when they are all in irvine CA. thanks for answer. forgot about study abroad

just hard to believe there are any asians anywhere else in the world when they are all in irvine CA. thanks for answer. forgot about study abroad
    **** man we have the same stats

**** man we have the same stats

i actually did it, i feel connected with you man

i actually did it, i feel connected with you man
    Soul buddies 4 lyf

ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Where did you go before Ucl brah?

Old Westminster here

still better than yours EnglishBadTeeth's Avatar
    EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000) EnglishBadTeeth is just really nice. (+1000)
    are you asian and studying economics/finance?
    lol nm been asked, obviously

ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ant1lg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lots of them brah, nearly more than europeans in good unis ^^

Originally Posted by ant1lg View Post
    Where did you go before Ucl brah?

Old Westminster here
    Don't want to be too specific, but I went to a top grammar school. Mirin' alma mata. Which uni's are you looking to apply to?

Edit: Stats - 6'0'', 137lb brah you need to eat more

Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000) Orangeer is just really nice. (+1000)
    What you studying brah? Is there a big demand for civil engineers over there?

Does everybody in UK watch Mitchell and Webb?

Don't want to be too specific, but I went to a top grammar school. Mirin' alma mata. Which uni's are you looking to apply to?

Edit: Stats - 6'0'', 137lb brah you need to eat more
    Haha, I really try but can't gain weight...
    Well UCL, LSE for economics equally; they offer better courses than Oxbridge I believe
    And thanks but in some sense I think Westminster's overrated

Originally Posted by Orangeer View Post
    What you studying brah? Is there a big demand for civil engineers over there?

Does everybody in UK watch Mitchell and Webb?
    I'm studying economics. There'll always be demand for civil engineers, though I'm not very clued up about the specifics of that industry. Not everyone watches Mitchell and Webb but they are pretty well known amongst school kids. I think they've passed their peak - nowadays I see them on reruns or ****ty game shows

dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you ever been muscleworks?

do you even lift? strong username to university to signature to degree

do you even ibank? you on dat summer internship time. inb4 detective

Originally Posted by ant1lg View Post
    Haha, I really try but can't gain weight...
    Well UCL, LSE for economics equally; they offer better courses than Oxbridge I believe
    Depends on what you want do. My course isn't straight economics (not saying exactly what it is because I don't want to be misc detective'd) and Oxbridge doesn't offer it so I applied to LSE and UCL, got offers from both and chose UCL. If you love maths then UCL, LSE and Camb are the way forward. I think UCL's econ course is the most mathematical out of all of them. If essays are your thing then Oxbridge are the way forward. If you want a strict education in economics then steer away from Oxford because they don't offer a straight economics course. In all honesty I wished Oxbridge had offered my course because I think I would have loved the collegiate lifestyle and the tutorial system. UCL is still awesome of course, and I'm doing the course I want to do so I wouldn't have it any different. Also, definitely have a look at Warwick's economics course - it's very highly regarded and can fight it's own corner against the likes of Oxbridge/LSE/UCL.

Originally Posted by dng992 View Post
    you ever been muscleworks?

do you even lift? strong username to university to signature to degree

do you even ibank? you on dat summer internship time. inb4 detective
    Never been to muscleworks, where is that? Are you at UCL?

Not on dat ibank hype breddah, sorry to disappoint. I'm not very keen on a financial career at all after having an internship at a hedgefund last summer. Much more interested in economic development/research. Though I'm keeping my options open of course - got a big 4 1st year academy soon

dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dng992 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Never been to muscleworks, where is that? Are you at UCL?

Not on dat ibank hype breddah, sorry to disappoint. I'm not very keen on a financial career at all after having an internship at a hedgefund last summer. Much more interested in economic development/research. Though I'm keeping my options open of course - got a big 4 1st year academy soon
    wait wut accounting 1st year programme? but youre second year?

strong hedgefund = strong parents in similar careers amirite?

do you know any miscers at your uni?

wait wut accounting 1st year programme? but youre second year?

strong hedgefund = strong parents in similar careers amirite?

do you know any miscers at your uni?
    Nah man I've just finished my first year. The hedgefund internship was a semi-family hook-up - some in-law worked there and I contacted him and sent in my CV/CL. No-one in my close family except for a cousin works in finance - my family's mostly made up of people in the software/hardware industry, academia, medicine, teaching

Don't know any miscers. Where you at? You dodging my questions like a mofukka

Nah man I've just finished my first year. The hedgefund internship was a semi-family hook-up - some in-law worked there and I contacted him and sent in my CV/CL. No-one in my close family except for a cousin works in finance - my family's mostly made up of people in the software/hardware industry, academia, medicine, teaching

Don't know any miscers. Where you at? You dodging my questions like a mofukka
    the Prime Minister of Azerbaijan would like to have a word

Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was your grammar school bws by any chance? Also, what grades did you get at A-level? Did you find applying and getting in difficult? Any recommendations about when to start personal statement, any tips etc?

Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000) Saint_James is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you enjoy it?

I'm looking to study abroad in London next spring. Want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Originally Posted by Barrn View Post
    Was your grammar school bws by any chance? Also, what grades did you get at A-level? Did you find applying and getting in difficult? Any recommendations about when to start personal statement, any tips etc?
    Nah it wasn't. I got A*A*A at A-level (Maths, Econ, Geography) and AA at AS-level (Further Maths and Chemistry). Applying isn't that much of a hassle at all - everything's through UCAS so it's all integrated and easy to follow. Difficulty of getting in depends on so many things so I can't really say. If you've got top grades then you'll be sorted though for places that interview or have extra tests (Oxbridge, to some extent UCL, LSE/Warwick don't) then you need a lot more preparation and practice.

There's so much to say about personal statements that I'd recommend going on TSR (The Student Room). Lot of decent advice on there and there are sample personal statements that you can look at. What I'd say is this - if you're applying to a top uni for a non-vocational academic subject then all they really care about is your academic strengths and interests (as opposed to top uni's in the US where there's heavier focus on extra-curriculars). So get that across in your PS - books you've read and comment on them, lectures/extra classes you've taken, relevant EC's and so on. Keep the generic stuff (football team player, prefect, DoE, volunteering) to an absolute minimum unless it's relevant to your academic interests (though bear in mind it's totally different for things like Medicine where they want to know that you're not a socially awkward *******). All that does is waste space and bore the selector because everyone writes that.

Where/what are you thinking of doing?

Originally Posted by Saint_James View Post
    Do you enjoy it?

I'm looking to study abroad in London next spring. Want to know what I'm getting myself into.
    Yeah I enjoy it, though I reckon I could have enjoyed it more if I was placed in a hall that wasn't full of east asians (no racist - they just stick to their own so it's impossible to interact with them). If this is the first time you've been to London make sure you devote some time to exploring the city because it has a lot to offer. I didn't do this much but I'm here for 3 years and I normally live nearby so I've experienced quite a lot of it already. Where are you from/studying and what uni will you be studying at?

If you've got any more specific questions then ask away

the Prime Minister of Azerbaijan would like to have a word

muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscleman353 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP how much can u squat?(srs)

Originally Posted by muscleman353 View Post
    OP how much can u squat?(srs)
    Probably something pathetic. Never tried a 1RM. I'm doing 80kg for reps (8x3) atm (dat dere chicken legs)

MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MakeMeHUGE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hnng UCL is dream school 4 me. Wanna do med though.

What grades did you need for econ?