dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Help with these points please ?!

Hey! I have read about saturated fats being being healthy, does that mean in just moderation or as much as you want? Also, I see people saying it but no information as to why, so why are they good for you?

Also, does eating breakfast speed up the metabolism and does the metabolism slow down after 7 making carbohydrates fat or something?

One more thing, does sugar free dilute juice count as water?

I have read about the above but there is no reason as to why and today I was trying to argue with a dude who has a degree in nutrition because he was saying the opposite to what I have read, but I have no information to back up my point.
    I got 99 problems, but a bench ain't one.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dannnn123 View Post
    Hey! I have read about saturated fats being being healthy, does that mean in just moderation or as much as you want? Also, I see people saying it but no information as to why, so why are they good for you?
    Your body can synthesize saturated fats! Saturated fat is like anything else, moderation is the key to the entire puzzle. You need a variety of fats in your diet and saturated fats are no different, but you don't need a predominance of either saturated, monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats. Some suggest a one third split between the three, others make different recommendations, the fact is nobody truly knows but a mixture and not a predominance of either seems to be prudent.

Also, does eating breakfast speed up the metabolism and does the metabolism slow down after 7 making carbohydrates fat or something?
    No and no! Again the need for breakfast depends on many factors. For instance if you are going to engage in a competitive event that day, or school work etc, then yes, having adequate nutrition in the name of performance can and does make a difference. For the sake of your body composition, likely not as your overall daily diet is paramount. As far as eating after 7pm, again your total daily intake is what matters, if you eat too much it really doesn't matter what time of day you do so, and vice versa!

One more thing, does sugar free dilute juice count as water?
    Yes, any liquid you drink will count towards your daily intake!

I have read about the above but there is no reason as to why and today I was trying to argue with a dude who has a degree in nutrition because he was saying the opposite to what I have read, but I have no information to back up my point.
    Not sure what points he was arguing? I suspect breakfast speeding up metabolism along with frequent meals etc, there is enough evidence out there to refute those claims. Breakfast for adequate substrate for any type of performance? Absolutely!

Saturated fats as bad at all costs, well that's not correct either, but if your fat intake throughout the day consisted of 90% saturated fat and little to no mono or poly, well then likely, but you could possibly same the same if the percentages were reverse. Like all things in nutrition and life--Moderation--which sometime sucks and is impossible to do!! Good luck!
    Last edited by rand18m; 06-14-2012 at 07:47 PM.

dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dannnn123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That's great thanks very much!
    I got 99 problems, but a bench ain't one.