InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wheres best for me to start out?

Hey guys

I am just finishing my first attempt at weight loss. I have dropped about 24 pounds.

I am starting a weights routine first week of July and want to start informed and making the most of my workouts.

I am open to any diet and workout info and tips but I am finding it hard to find the truth and correct way to do things amongst a million opinions and heaps of articles.

My current state is shown in the pic below. I also want to maintain my cardio fitness so dont know how that impacts any legs workout timing etc. Basically im uneducated and have spent a few months reading about during my cutting and still dont feel I can make informed decisions on what I should be doing come July.

Thanks for any tips and help guys, I checked some of the predesigned workouts on the stickies etc but Im not a massive fan of the exercises etc and I wanted a more specific split routine for me to follow, preferably 3 - 4 days a week. Also if anyone can estimate my body fat from the images I would be interested as I have no idea!

(in the pic i think the light has done more to make me look better than I actually am!)
    Attached Images

Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat 300 cals over what you need to maintain, lift, wait a few years = HUGE
    Your woukout depends on your free time and stuff, Me i have no social life and can do a 3 day split twice a week and take sunday off and sit in my room and wait till monday
    *Check arms in every reflective surface Crew*

SkinnyMethods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bulk! 10-11bf

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Read http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5564721&page=1

Then read it again.

Once you have enough strength, and you can go on to a more advanced program such as a split to pack on some mass.
    "it's never too late to be the person you should've been" -unknown

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Bench Press: 290lbs 1x1
    Squat: 355lbs 1x5
    Deadlift: 360lbs 1x1

InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InfernoUk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Arcos27 View Post
    Read http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5564721&page=1

Then read it again.

Once you have enough strength, and you can go on to a more advanced program such as a split to pack on some mass.
    I dont know if it helps but I have been doing weights 3 days a week in parallel to my cardio but just machines full body stuff, though it seems to have given my a decent base strength, im not untrained.

Originally Posted by SkinnyMethods View Post
    Bulk! 10-11bf
    if you read i said im bulking, hence asking for a help with a workout plan!

Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by InfernoUk View Post
    I dont know if it helps but I have been doing weights 3 days a week in parallel to my cardio but just machines full body stuff, though it seems to have given my a decent base strength, im not untrained.
    Oh yeah get used to fat people being told to bulk and people looking for mass told to do SS..... your in the teen section -.-

Originally Posted by Jonny2012 View Post
    Oh yeah get used to fat people being told to bulk and people looking for mass told to do SS..... your in the teen section -.-
    ha ill do what the first bit of the thread that was linked says and only take advice from people who are where I want to be.

I pretty much want to avoid SS and do split if thats alright since ive already built base strength over the last 6 months

Originally Posted by InfernoUk View Post
    ha ill do what the first bit of the thread that was linked says and only take advice from people who are where I want to be.

I pretty much want to avoid SS and do split if thats alright since ive already built base strength over the last 6 months
    Ya, do any kinda bro split. I do i 3 day split twice a week so i hit all muscle groups 2x a week. But like i said before my lack of social life means i wont be missed in the gym every day so you can do a 4 day split or whatever. Just use ALL free weights only machines for some isolation on legs. Dumbells are better for mass than barbells.

Look up TMW on youtube and listen to them, im sure youd wanna look like them

Ya, do any kinda bro split. I do i 3 day split twice a week so i hit all muscle groups 2x a week. But like i said before my lack of social life means i wont be missed in the gym every day so you can do a 4 day split or whatever. Just use ALL free weights only machines for some isolation on legs. Dumbells are better for mass than barbells
    I have no intention to go back to machines, i was just pretty intimidated by the gangs of massive people in the free weights section and my massive lack of knowledge when i started so it put me off. I would like to do 4 days split with 1-2 days cardio max of 6 days (what i currently do now) would be tops, 1 hr max if i do more than 4 days though.

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    brb benching 75lbs going on a bro split

pls go
    "it's never too late to be the person you should've been" -unknown

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Bench Press: 290lbs 1x1
    Squat: 355lbs 1x5
    Deadlift: 360lbs 1x1

Originally Posted by Arcos27 View Post
    brb benching 75lbs going on a bro split

pls go
    so which did you follow? The Babylover SS mod? or something else?

I see SS has its merits but as they outline in the thread ive never seen as many people with the results from it vs a regular split

Id quite like a 4 day split leaving 1-2 days for cardio but obviously I want the most effective results. I should also state my goal is looks rather than raw strength, weightlifting isnt my sport. thought i assume the two come hand in hand...

anyone have any more tips and advice?

Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corky124 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Think you've lost too much weight personally! Just hit the gym hard, eat tonnes and just watch the gains. Can't see your legs but don't miss them out, every big guy needs foundations! Big legs = big upper body

Originally Posted by Corky124 View Post
    Think you've lost too much weight personally! Just hit the gym hard, eat tonnes and just watch the gains. Can't see your legs but don't miss them out, every big guy needs foundations! Big legs = big upper body
    i wanted to loose as much as possible to get a decent base for bulking. I never ever want to be fat and it was my main fear. Id rather not be fat and have less muscle than fat with muscle. As i say im doing it for looks not strength as its not my sport