raffeyali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face First Time at GYM I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Hello bodybuilding Forum

So basically I am a 19 year old male at the height of 6'1 weighing at 160(Yes I am skinny due to high metabolism)
    So yeah I am a very skinny guy due to it, and I just want to bulk up in 3 months before I go off to uni and was wondering since I really have never been to a gym in the longest time, what sort of exercises/workouts I should pursue and what I should do with my diet in order to bulk up to lets say 180-200 pounds as I am tired of staying skinny.

Reps will be given to anyone that contributes to this thread
    Your help is needed for this noobie..

mobusta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mobusta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mobusta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mobusta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mobusta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by raffeyali View Post
    Hello bodybuilding Forum

So basically I am a 19 year old male at the height of 6'1 weighing at 160(Yes I am skinny due to high metabolism)
    So yeah I am a very skinny guy due to it, and I just want to bulk up in 3 months before I go off to uni and was wondering since I really have never been to a gym in the longest time, what sort of exercises/workouts I should pursue and what I should do with my diet in order to bulk up to lets say 180-200 pounds as I am tired of staying skinny.

Reps will be given to anyone that contributes to this thread
    Your help is needed for this noobie..
    ......you dont have any reps

read the stickies in the diet forum
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

^Yeah Alright I'll read them!

Gettin' Up There m4a1steaksauce's Avatar
    m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) m4a1steaksauce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Start taking in a lot more calories, drink protein, make sure you're getting all your vitamins. Any high protein foods are good to eat. I think it's hard for someone to make an exact routine for you, and figure out what works best for you. Just start going to the gym consistently and you will see gains.

csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10) csv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't be a noob and start off with isolation exercises, stick with the compound movements not matter how much the temptation is, to curl every single day.

^
    Yeah Ive seen my friends who just curl or do only a certain number of exercises that focus only on biceps and triceps..
    they look mad disproportional lol

Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mobusta View Post
    ......you dont have any reps

read the stickies in the diet forum

OP, definitely include alll of the compounds but you should still do SOME isolation..
    I admit all my threads suck :(

Supplements Suck

stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HAs anyone said Starting Strength yet?
    R.I.P. Bill Perkins March 20, 1940 - May 8, 2012. Forever loved.

"It's the internet, toughen the f*ck up! Go mix up some cement, eat it, harden the f*ck up." -Babylover

Originally Posted by stperkins View Post
    HAs anyone said Starting Strength yet?
    Nope care to explain lol

FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiringSquad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you want to get big, you have to eat big. And don't be afraid of the fat you will gain, that's easy to get rid of.
    Go calculate your BMR then add 500 to that- that's the number of calories you need to eat in a day. From there, decided on what your end weight will be. However much you want to weigh in pounds is how many grams of protein you need to consume. Want to be 180? Then you need 180 grams of protein a day. As for carbohydrates, it's a similar calculation. Take your desired end weight (180 in this example) and multiply that number by 2 or 3 depending on how intense your workout regiment is. Of course try to keep fats to a minimum and you're golden. Your nutrition is paramount to your fitness. Never forget that.

Like everyone else has said, you want to keep to compound lifts so you can have the best gains. Bench press, squats, deadlifts, hand cleans, pull ups, etc. Sets and reps of 3x10 is what I've always done for mass and it has yet to let me down. Keep it to about a minute of rest between sets.

Work hard and it will show. Oh, and enjoy the noob gains.

MonsteRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read up on your stuff (including training and nutrition) and decide what's best for you. I recommend you take a look on starting strength.

Originally Posted by FiringSquad View Post
    If you want to get big, you have to eat big. And don't be afraid of the fat you will gain, that's easy to get rid of.
    Go calculate your BMR then add 500 to that- that's the number of calories you need to eat in a day. From there, decided on what your end weight will be. However much you want to weigh in pounds is how many grams of protein you need to consume. Want to be 180? Then you need 180 grams of protein a day. As for carbohydrates, it's a similar calculation. Take your desired end weight (180 in this example) and multiply that number by 2 or 3 depending on how intense your workout regiment is. Of course try to keep fats to a minimum and you're golden. Your nutrition is paramount to your fitness. Never forget that.

Like everyone else has said, you want to keep to compound lifts so you can have the best gains. Bench press, squats, deadlifts, hand cleans, pull ups, etc. Sets and reps of 3x10 is what I've always done for mass and it has yet to let me down. Keep it to about a minute of rest between sets.

Work hard and it will show. Oh, and enjoy the noob gains.
    Thanks man just calculated by BMR , looks like I got lots to eat :l