Dorsia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Last 15 pounds

So I'm relatively new here. Ive been working out with a strength trainer for years. He's helped reach a number of goals for me not just in terms of poundage but also confidence. I'm in pretty good shape but I like to drop my body fat to the 10% range. In all honesty I'm probably in the 20-23% range. Telling a champion power lifter as my trainer I'd like to look leaner is like telling a guy that loves vintage muscle cars a suped-up Honda Civic is cool.

I'm very happy in my size and strength but i would love to drop a little weight. I know there's no such thing as spot training but I was curious as to what cardio and/or caloric recommendations are out there. I'm 31 yrs old, 5ft 10 and I weigh 203. I can bench 315, squat 335, and dead 420. I currently don't do many ab exercises, I run when I can but after a workout I'm gassed. I try to eat lean but it doesn't always happen.

Honest and professional suggestions only please. If you tell me to do crossfit or insanity I'll punch you through your IPad. Boom!

vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vatrolio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To lose weight you will need a calorie deficit, cardio isn't really necessary. Figure out your TDEE and then subtract 500 calories for 1 lb/week or 1000 for 2lb/week, that will be your calorie limit for the day. Count ALL of your ingested calories daily (myfitnesspal for example) and don't go over your calorie limit. Make sure to hit your macros daily (sticky in this subforum for those calculations) and you'll be losing weight. A food scale helps tremendously also.

Originally Posted by vatrolio View Post
    To lose weight you will need a calorie deficit, cardio isn't really necessary. Figure out your TDEE and then subtract 500 calories for 1 lb/week or 1000 for 2lb/week, that will be your calorie limit for the day. Count ALL of your ingested calories daily (myfitnesspal for example) and don't go over your calorie limit. Make sure to hit your macros daily (sticky in this subforum for those calculations) and you'll be losing weight. A food scale helps tremendously also.
    Thats a good place to start. Thanks.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I suggest reading the stickies in this section.
    Currently cutting.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dorsia View Post
    I can bench 315, squat 335, and dead 420.
    Just thought I'd comment on this.

Your squat is terrible based on that (you should work on it) and your dead is average...

Your bench should be 1.5x, squat 2x and dead 2.5x your bodyweight at a certain level (just saying that your squat should be quite a bit further away from your bench weight)
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJKB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    I suggest reading the stickies in this section.
    First, I doubt you're that high body fat as you think you are. At 200lbs those are solid lifts in my opinion... so you've probably already got a pretty impressive physique. Just my 2 cents. 10% is very attainable through 500cal deficit daily, and consistently. Eat whatever, whenever you want as long as you hit macronutrient goals and stay within the allowable calorie range outlined and explained in the stickies in this section. Good luck sir. Also - Eff cardio. I do cardio when I feel like it, which is pretty much never.
    "Do not dwell in the past do not dream of the future, concentrate your mind on the present moment."

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Just thought I'd comment on this.

Your squat is terrible based on that (you should work on it) and your dead is average...

Your bench should be 1.5x, squat 2x and dead 2.5x your bodyweight at a certain level (just saying that your squat should be quite a bit further away from your bench weight)
    I agree. For the most part I have shoulder impingement issues so I'll use a Hammer Squat and go up to 600. For leg press I'm a little under 1000lbs. I was just using the three basic barbell lifts as examples.

Originally Posted by LJKB View Post
    First, I doubt you're that high body fat as you think you are. At 200lbs those are solid lifts in my opinion... so you've probably already got a pretty impressive physique. Just my 2 cents. 10% is very attainable through 500cal deficit daily, and consistently. Eat whatever, whenever you want as long as you hit macronutrient goals and stay within the allowable calorie range outlined and explained in the stickies in this section. Good luck sir. Also - Eff cardio. I do cardio when I feel like it, which is pretty much never.

Got it. What the stickies?

Lelaki Bangunan Seksi LengthyLifter's Avatar
    LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LJKB View Post
    First, I doubt you're that high body fat as you think you are. At 200lbs those are solid lifts in my opinion... so you've probably already got a pretty impressive physique.
    Did you miss the part where he's 5'9? It's more likely he's underestimating his BF.
    [Watdo? Crew] - GET HENCH!