EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The P-ratio, leptin and IF / calorie partitioning.

Hi guys,

I was reading some topics on RippedBody.jp and leangains.com. I've read that the main difference between the IF/Leangain approach and a linear deficit has to do with macro/kcal cycling.

When a person eat more fat on a rest day and eat more carbs on a trainingsday (post-workout) it has a better effect on body composition.

I find this very confusing. Could somebody please explain me this effect and the importance of the concept?

Thanks,

Eduard

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mental masturbation.

18 years old - you should be lifting and eating.

EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50) EddyCutting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Mental masturbation.

18 years old - you should be lifting and eating.
    I am lifting and eating . Thanks for the well defined answer/advice .

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EddyCutting View Post
    Could somebody please explain me this effect and the importance of the concept?

Eduard
    I'm not aware of any physiological benefit that this would have on body composition when compared to a steady intake method given both methods have appropriate calorie and macro intake.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    I'm not aware of any physiological benefit that this would have on body composition when compared to a steady intake method given both methods have appropriate calorie and macro intake.
    For what I know, the leangains method, also known als intermittent fasting isn't just about the fasting period. It's also about macro/kcal partitioning and a different carb/fat intake on rest/training days. I would like to know how that exactly works and what the impact of doing it vs not doing it on body composition is.

Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hi guys,

I was reading some topics on RippedBody.jp and leangains.com. I've read that the main difference between the IF/Leangain approach and a linear deficit has to do with macro/kcal cycling.

When a person eat more fat on a rest day and eat more carbs on a trainingsday (post-workout) it has a better effect on body composition.

I find this very confusing. Could somebody please explain me this effect and the importance of the concept?

Thanks,

Eduard
    There is no proven benefit of macro cycling - with IF or otherwise. I am not convinced that Martin intended it as a macro cycling program. He just removes carbs on days when TEE is lower - because protein and fats need to be kept.

P-ratio and partitioning is mostly controlled by genetics.

Leptin/set point is also mostly down to genetics. The most significant factor here is you tend to get more hungry as you get leaner... You might be able to move your set point if you stay lean for a long period of time but this is not proven.

The most you can say is that it's better to bulk when under about 15% BF

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am lifting and eating . Thanks for the well defined answer/advice .
    I gave you a right answer. The claims beind the macro partioning are not supported by anything.

-TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000) -TheKingPin- is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am also curious as to why this is recommended.

I want Martin Berkhan to release his book already so he can explain in depth his reasoning, hopefully backed up by well structured studies.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by -TheKingPin- View Post

I want Martin Berkhan to release his book already so he can explain in depth his reasoning, hopefully backed up by well structured studies.
    Martin isn't releasing a book.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by -TheKingPin- View Post

Nah, he won't. He has gone full on Colonel Kurtz... doesn't even post on Twitter anymore.

There are no secrets...

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think the problem is that some folks try to micromanage things that, at best, will have almost no noticeable impact on endpoints while those same folks often pay relatively little attention to the factors that have a huge impact on endpoints.

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There is no proven benefit of macro cycling - with IF or otherwise. I am not convinced that Martin intended it as a macro cycling program. He just removes carbs on days when TEE is lower - because protein and fats need to be kept.

P-ratio and partitioning is mostly controlled by genetics.

Leptin/set point is also mostly down to genetics. The most significant factor here is you tend to get more hungry as you get leaner... You might be able to move your set point if you stay lean for a long period of time but this is not proven.

The most you can say is that it's better to bulk when under about 15% BF
    ^this

The ideas he has are not proven and are mostly done by personal experience.

One of the ideas of cycling is to reduce the effect of metabolic slowdown as you are cutting by basically having days in a surplus or deficit. The other is the hope of better nutrient partitioning. That being said I just do it for the increase in satiety.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    I think the problem is that some folks try to micromanage things that, at best, will have almost no noticeable impact on endpoints while those same folks often pay relatively little attention to the factors that have a huge impact on endpoints.
    This is true. I absolutely agree on this. But since I am interested in this kind of information it's not that I want to know this because I think it will matter a lot, i'm just curious.

Leangains = the revolutionary concept of skipping breakfast, nobody has ever done it before.

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Leangains = the revolutionary concept of skipping breakfast, nobody has ever done it before.
    I think that it's more a concept populair due to the myths that are bunked. I.e. meal frequency,timing etc.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think that it's more a concept populair due to the myths that are bunked. I.e. meal frequency,timing etc.
    The problem is that it's generating it's own set of perhaps equally silly myths and neurotic behaviors.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The problem that's currently plaguing lean gains ( and i would guess is driving Martin bonkers) is that many of it's followers/proponents have adopted it as THE optimal way to approach diet.

Martin wanted to prove it was possible to achieve gains with an atypical eating pattern (and some very preliminary research as shown some benefits).

The leangains community, as a whole, has done [with their approach] exactly what Martin attempted to undo.

Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajaro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The problem is that it's generating it's own set of perhaps equally silly myths and neurotic behaviors.
    I met a coworker who just joined the company and got into leangains half a year ago. So while on the "surface" hes not afraid of alchohol or sweets here or there...

he still brings roast beef/chicken in a tupperware to work for lunch, to our cafeteria, which has free food and a decent selection of dishes. Theres just something ironic there.

I'll be the first to admit I was neurotic when I moved from "common-knowledge broscience" to "leangains obsessing," making sure to bring boiled eggs if I had to out to late dinners, so I would stay in my "window" but still get a "slow digesting protein" in. Funny stuff. But I guess it got me to where I am now, which is past all of that, so, whatever.
    www.leangains.com
    www.bodyrecomposition.com
    www.alanaragon.com
    www.weightology.net

And you don't need much else

Turning down free food?? That's REALLY not normal

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Nah, he won't. He has gone full on Colonel Kurtz... doesn't even post on Twitter anymore.

LMAO!!

Also, I'm "guessing", that he gets a lot of money now that he has a "donation" link. Ever since he got that, he doesn't do much anymore.

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This. OP I got into carb cycling for a bit. Sworn up and down that it worked. To keep you from getting bored from reading all I do NOT want to type, it was no faster than a calorie deficit.