Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Eric, on your channel, why do you squat after deadlifts? Its just not...optimal

from KanevskyFitness EricKanevskiy's Avatar
    EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jack604 View Post
    Hey Eric, on your channel, why do you squat after deadlifts? Its just not...optimal
    Why is it not optimal? If anything, your spinal erectors are pre-exhausted so it's easier to focus on activating the quads.

Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EricKanevskiy View Post
    Why is it not optimal? If anything, your spinal erectors are pre-exhausted so it's easier to focus on activating the quads.
    What....are you being serious right now?
    Your back is going to fail before your quads, defeating the purpose of squatting.
    Just went full retard again.

Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    please stop posting
    public speaking is the GOAT

EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Petehxc View Post
    What....are you being serious right now?
    Your back is going to fail before your quads, defeating the purpose of squatting.
    Just went full retard again.
    That's why you use less weight and focus on quad activation.

Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jack604 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll never squat heavy, or your spinal erectors will collapse on you for trying.

Originally Posted by Socalchoirboy View Post
    please stop posting
    Ditto.

Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Petehxc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ??? your back will still fail before your quads, what is this focusing more on "quad activation" youre even talking about. The only way you focus more on quads when squatting is the style in which youre squatting.

AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DanCaroll View Post
    I made a thread saying "Whizkyy vs Kanevskiy", stop trying to make everything about YOU. I also bumped it once.

And of course, everyone has an obsession with you don't they. Because your so wanted

and it just happens that account supporting you commented with 1 POST, Join date of June and your were offline
    You're in a sad existence my friend.

bumblebee135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumblebee135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumblebee135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumblebee135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bumblebee135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AchievingGreat View Post
    You're in a sad existence my friend.
    ur body is a sad existence

go lift some real weights

girl

Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

Generally i dont waste my time in such things but here we go (sory for the typos brahs)
    Eric with this attitude u'll get nowhere
    i know u are trying to stop spreading bro science and i appreciate that
    But do you know why people have started to hate you? its because you have disrepected sum1 who is manytimes experienced than you, sum1 reputed for his knowledge and experience
    do you know where Ian and you are different? its because he is polite almost always but you on the other hand are not experienced as him or other peers but u disrespect others with ur arrogance, this is a serious problem Eric
    you should atleast study abt kinesology , neurology, bio chemistry and other fields for atleast 1 or 2 yrs to give advice to others
    i dont mean u shud stop your channel but i mean that you are not in a position to critique routine and principles created by sum1 who is x7 more experienced than you
    you know we guys in GSF could make videos crushing you and your channel but we dont, you know why? it's because we are more civil and that's the difference between us

And secondly Eric,
    to address the flaw in your video
    you know the neurological/synergical system of a newbie is soo untrained that it doesn't matter wut he does for the first 5-6 months
    even Lyle MCD addressed that hypertrophy changes does not take place in a beginner for the first few weeks
    so it would be better for a beginner to devote his newb stage in gaining a solid foundation which would help him in the long run rather than doing 40 sets
    if you say higher weight = higher muscle tension but is =/= to higher stimulus then you are correct to a certain point because higher weights = higher nerve/motor unit recruitment and also has better efficiency of getting acustomd to the movement which is very important to a beginner
    and a beginner doesn't need 40 sets

and i mean that he doesnt need it not that he can't perform them
    because 40 sets or 3 sets its gonna give the same outcome for a beginner because their untrained body/nervous system responds almost the same, so there is nothing optimal for a beginner
    and also Lyle addresses that for a beginner it is much better to train with lower volume/intensity/frequency since they respond to virtually anything and they will have something to move on when they are done with the low frequency/volume/intensity
    if they start with a high volume of 40 sets then they wouldn't have anything to move on once they hit a plateau.

I hope you learn from this Eric or god help you if u dont
    wishing you all the very best
    ~~GSF crew~~
    Cutting Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173882181

AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchievingGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eric, whether your advice is good or not, keep doing what your passionate about my man. These people will never be alpha sadly. Silence the critics not with words but actions. Stay up bro.

InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InstaSwole has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Booooom View Post
    Generally i dont waste my time in such things but here we go (sory for the typos brahs)
    But do you know why people have started to hate you? its because you have disrepected sum1 who is manytimes experienced than you, sum1 reputed for his knowledge and experience
    do you know where Ian and you are different? its because he is polite almost always but you on the other hand are not experienced as him or other peers but u disrespect others with ur arrogance, this is a serious problem Eric
    you should atleast study abt kinesology , neurology, bio chemistry and other fields for atleast 1 or 2 yrs to give advice to others
    i dont mean u shud stop your channel but i mean that you are not in a position to critique routine and principles created by sum1 who is x7 more experienced than you
    you know we guys in GSF could make videos crushing you and your channel but we dont, you know why? it's because we are more civil and that's the difference between us

And secondly Eric,
    you know the neurological/synergical system of a newbie is soo untrained that it doesn't matter wut he does for the first 5-6 months
    even Lyle MCD addressed that hypertrophy changes does not take place in a beginner for the first few weeks
    so it would be better for a beginner to devote his newb stage in gaining a solid foundation which would help him in the long run rather than doing 40 sets
    if you say higher weight = higher muscle tension but is =/= to higher stimulus then you are correct to a certain point because higher weights = higher nerve/motor unit recruitment and also has better efficiency of getting acustomd to the movement which is very important to a beginner

because 40 sets or 3 sets its gonna give the same outcome for a beginner because their untrained body/nervous system responds almost the same, so there is nothing optimal for a beginner
    and also Lyle addresses that for a beginner it is much better to train with lower volume/intensity/frequency since they respond to virtually anything and they will have something to move on when they are done with the low frequency/volume/intensity
    if they start with a high volume of 40 sets then they wouldn't have anything to move on once they hit a plateau.

This post hits the nail on the head. Couldn't have said it better myself.

And secondly Eric,

You are right in a sense. For a complete beginner, doing 3 sets of chest would be equivalent to doing 40 sets of chest. However (and keep in mind I don't recommend doing 40 sets, I'm just using this as an example), how can you say that a workout consisting of 40 sets that sufficiently stimulates every single muscle group is equivalent to just doing 3 sets of chest. I'm assuming this is what you meant because it would be quite difficult to hit every muscle group with just 3 sets and if this is what you meant, then it is flawed logic and it is why I advocate high volume.

Also, Ian and Lyle are always polite? Strong unaware lol.

Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are right in a sense. For a complete beginner, doing 3 sets of chest would be equivalent to doing 40 sets of chest. However (and keep in mind I don't recommend doing 40 sets, I'm just using this as an example), how can you say that a workout consisting of 40 sets that sufficiently stimulates every single muscle group is equivalent to just doing 3 sets of chest. I'm assuming this is what you meant because it would be quite difficult to hit every muscle group with just 3 sets and if this is what you meant, then it is flawed logic and it is why I advocate high volume.

Also, Ian and Lyle are always polite? Strong unaware lol.
    no eric what i mean is a newb doesn't need to hit evry minor detail for the first few months before he gets neurally adapted

ans also Ian and Lyle only tear ppl spreading bro science not knowledgable* ppl
    ~~GSF crew~~
    Cutting Log

heavy squats, spine still fresh, heavy deadlifts, optimal enough?

no eric what i mean is a newb doesn't need to hit evry minor detail for the first few months before he gets neurally adapted
    He doesn't. However, if you don't train a muscle at all, it will not grow. That's one of the problems I have with programs like SS.

ans also Ian and Lyle only tear ppl spreading bro science not knowledgable* ppl

Is everything Babylover says not based on broscience?

When people I coach ask me for diet advice, I flat out refuse to give it to them. Why? Because I sure as hell am not lean enough to be giving out diet advice. The same applies for everything you do, and the training advice you take. I know big legs, big squats, big deadlifts and strength training. I don't know how to sculpt your rear deltoid, and until I have an awesome pair myself, you would be an idiot to take my advice. I don't take advice from people weaker than me, or who are not where I want to be.

He doesn't. However, if you don't train a muscle at all, it will not grow. That's one of the problems I have with programs like SS.

i adressed this once and i'm saying it once again a B-E-G-I-N-N-E-R does not have to hit every minor muscles because there will be no physiological change for the first few weeks

Is everything Babylover says not based on broscience?
    nope, you clearly haven't talked to him in person
    ok?
    Last edited by Booooom; 06-17-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    ~~GSF crew~~
    Cutting Log

fuk no its not based on bro science, you dont squat 600 and dead 700 and then very successfully train others in the squat and deadlift with broscience.
    You see him as spreading bro science because you dont give a fuk about powerlifting and only bodybuilding.

and btw you never want to pre exaust the erectors before doing squats in case you didnt get it.

You see him as spreading bro science because you dont give a fuk about powerlifting and only bodybuilding.
    True. My knowledge of powerlifting is very limited. So how come he gives out powerlifting advice to aspiring bodybuilders? That's what I have a problem with.

True. My knowledge of powerlifting is very limited. So how come he gives out powerlifting advice to aspiring bodybuilders? That's what I have a problem with.
    He doesnt really, he advocates everyone being strong no matter what and believes its still very beneficial to a bodybuilder which imo it is, repping 315 squatting for 10 reps is going to be alot more stimulation than squatting 225 for 10 reps.
    And its not like he doesnt know anything about building muscle still.

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few weeks ago, he made a thread about me and would bump it non-stop. Some people have way too much time on their hands. Oh well.
    Eric, boro, you have posted listerally all day today with f 32 posts total spread out between 10:25 AM and 11:35 PM.

Really, just shut up already.

And why do you think you're qualified then to discuss squat mechanics? That's what I have a problem with.

CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000) CM1221 is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP are you retarded?

your doing a lat spread in the one and your not flexing in the before?

and pls if you guys are gonna have this lat spread pissing contest, atleast learn how to do a proper lat spread pose.

these arguments are soo stupid. if you think youll make better size gains on SS vs a routine based on hypertrophy you dun goofd, not saying that kanevskys right or wrong but those are the facts

bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    he doesnt he barely posts anymore if anything its other people you should have the problem with. i dont think i have ounce seen babylover post in a thread and told an aspiring bodybuilder that they must train with his routine.
    Last edited by bravo96; 06-16-2012 at 11:51 PM.

He doesnt really, he advocates everyone being strong no matter what and believes its still very beneficial to a bodybuilder which imo it is, repping 315 squatting for 10 reps is going to be alot more stimulation than squatting 225 for 10 reps.
    And its not like he doesnt know anything about building muscle still.
    Our feud began when I posted my video where I perform slow negatives and talk about tension. He angrily told me that I'm a pussy, I should completely disregard negatives, and just focus on lifting as much weight as possible. This is the kind of **** that pisses me off. He contradicts perfectly good bodybuilding advice with his powerlifting philosophies, despite having no knowledge of human physiology or nutritional science.

Also, your point about squatting 315 vs. 225 is wrong. It depends on so many things. If a person squats 315 for 10 reps but does fast reps with a two inch range of motion and leans forward as if he's doing good mornings, that will not do anything. However, if that same persons drops his ego and squats 225 ATG while controlling the negatives and focusing on activating the quads as much as possible, it's not hard to see which scenario will provide a better stimulus.

Originally Posted by bravo96 View Post
    he doesnt he barely posts anymore if anything its other people you should have the problem. i dont think i have ounce seen babylover post in a thread and told an aspiring bodybuilder that they must train with his routine.
    I gave an example of where he did this above. Also, others don't influence nearly as many people and usually don't contradict good advice like he does. There's a difference between saying "I do not control negatives" and "you must not control negatives."

bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I gave an example of where he did this above. Also, others don't influence nearly as many people and usually don't contradict good advice like he does. There's a difference between saying "I do not control negatives" and "you must not control negatives."
    so he said you must not control negatives?

Originally Posted by bravo96 View Post
    so he said you must not control negatives?
    Yes.

Our feud began when I posted my video where I perform slow negatives and talk about tension. He angrily told me that I'm a pussy, I should completely disregard negatives, and just focus on lifting as much weight as possible. This is the kind of **** that pisses me off. He contradicts perfectly good bodybuilding advice with his powerlifting philosophies, despite having no knowledge of human physiology or nutritional science.

Also, your point about squatting 315 vs. 225 is wrong. It depends on so many things. If a person squats 315 for 10 reps but does fast reps with a two inch range of motion and leans forward as if he's doing good mornings, that will not do anything. However, if that same persons drops his ego and squats 225 ATG while controlling the negatives and focusing on activating the quads as much as possible, it's not hard to see which scenario will provide a better stimulus.
    Im obviously talking about 2 scenarios with identical form, which would be ATG because Im not a *******. Fast reps really dont mean anything squatting...you shouldnt really be trying to control the weight, just squat that chit ATG on compounds id say weight>doing a slow "controlled" rep.

He calls you a pussy because he thinks doing slow controlled reps have their place, and shouldnt be used for everything (which is true imo) and that at your level of lifting you should just be worrying about getting stronger.

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "you must not control negatives."
    And he's right. There is a distinct speed with which the stretch reflex is activated. A too slow descent and you will lose power due to no stretch reflex. Go Wikipedia since I know you have no idea what I'm talking about. Or better yet read Starting Strength to get some basic understanding of Kinesiology and don't discuss squat mechanics until you do so.