ctermunde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Willing to learn but where to start

I am ashamed to amit that I am 27 yoa and 6'9" tall weighing in at 360 lbs and am a police officer. I have always battled my weight and am looking to body building to change it but ihave no clue where to start learning about nutrition so I am hoping y'all might be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you all and I look forward to being a part of this community.

srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No problem man, you can learn quickly if you follow these easy steps.

1. Read the stickies at the top of this forum. Calculate your macro nutrient requirements (fats, carbs, protein) for what you want to accomplish.

2. If you don't already, start cooking your own foods with whole ingredients. By recording the macros of the foods you cook with, you will get a first hand idea about what different foods nutritional makeup is. This worked really well for me. A small kitchen scale is essential.

3. Follow these macros for an extended period of time.

You can also keep browsing around this forum, but be aware you could find posts that don't have any educated responses.
    lift heavy
    acquire aesthetics

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^this
    Hope everything goes well, you have a lot of potential for lean body mass at 6'9".

We all had to start somewhere.

ctermunde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read the sticky by Emma about calculating calories and micro needs I am going to read it again but in the initial read through it equated to German for me any help would be appreciated

srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srsapples has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ctermunde View Post
    I read the sticky by Emma about calculating calories and micro needs I am going to read it again but in the initial read through it equated to German for me any help would be appreciated
    feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions.
    lift heavy
    acquire aesthetics