Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500)

**** UK Bodybuilding on a Budget ****

ITT - simply share tips, recommendations, offers and advice on bodybuilding on a budget. It's obviously not upto me to make it exclusive to UK kunts but a lot of the links n that will be to shops/gyms around the UK so makes sense.

I'd have thought it'll be handy for students, disgusting dole-ites or just people trying to keep costs to a minimum.

I'll start:

23.5 g's of dat der good stuff and, in my opinion, tastes good enough to eat without any sort of dressing/sauce.

I hate when I have to pick apart fish to get rid of the skin and bones as if it's 709BC so this salmon is ideal. It usually costs a few quid per tin but I've found it B&M for £1.09. Get on it *******s (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...4842361&page=1)

Also, I can vouch for any tin of cheap tuna CHUNKS being legit. I capitalised the words 'chunks' like a tard cuz the flakes taste like utter chit, make sure it's chunks:

(http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5243511&page=1)

With regards to training - you'll find a lot of offers about now for gyms that are cheap as fúck because they have no staff and don't necessarily tie you to a contract. I can personally recommend The Gym Group:

http://www.thegymgroup.com/

I was paying a tenner a month and it had the best free weights area I'd ever had access to.
    Last edited by Danzeligan; 06-12-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Tesco, 2x2000kcal pizza, £5

#staydench
    Winners find solutions, Losers find something to blame

WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000) WheytWut92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    get your meat from a meat market and not a supermarket

djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sainsbury's frozen chicken breast pieces: 2 x 500g for £5 (no added water/salt)

Sainsbury's BBQ Chicken pieces: 1.5kg £3.99 (cook from frozen)

MyProtein: Unflavoured Impact Whey protein 5kg £38 use price checker and www.ironscience.co.uk

My protein price beater reference list:

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/supplemen...ence-list.html
    Last edited by djsneak; 06-12-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added BBQ chicken
    [0,0] ***Night Owl Crew***
    |)__)
    -”-”-

Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500) Danzeligan is not very helpful. (-500)
    My advice would be that if you have to cut costs - make a compromise on money spent on supps as opposed to food.

Originally Posted by djsneak View Post
    Sainsbury's frozen chicken breast pieces: 2 x 500g for £5 (no added water/salt)
    Repped on r/c.

LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50)

£5. The ultimate.
    SC: lddsmith

Bad snapchatter

"Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong (That kid can cycle)

fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) fuarrr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go on ebay and search "Matrix protein" 5kg for £40 with shaker, 25g of protein per scoop, 100+ servings and tastes good too!

djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsneak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed, will add to my OP as time goes on, good idea for thread was thinking of making one like this

will rep OP when out of red (may be some time mod negged in to oblivion lol)
    |)__)
    -”-”-

Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I normally get the 3 for £10 chicken breasts at Asda. I have never seen the frozen fillets. What is the quality like of them?

DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DOZbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stuff like chicken, frozen fish, tinned tuna is quite cheap as it is. If anyone can tell me where to get decently priced almonds and other nuts (no homo) I would appreciate it though; well expensive at sainsbury's.

Get all your supplements from myprotein, I have a shop near me that sells supplements, for a 5kg bag of INSTANT MASS cost me £55 (and that was with a discount as I flexed my glutes and he was impressed) and that bag is the biggest load of chit ever, srs you shake it for minutes and it's still lumpy as porridge.

Also best multi in the UK anyone? I'll rep LOLZ.

Originally Posted by Turkstarr View Post
    I normally get the 3 for £10 chicken breasts at Asda. I have never seen the frozen fillets. What is the quality like of them?
    They're sound. Once you get the hang of defrosting them right (patience) and whack them on a george foreman or something they taste the same as fresh to me.

EDIT: What gym you go to brah? One in Liverpool? I think I recognise ya.

Costco. If you've got a few quid to buy in bulk - can get sacks of frozen chicken tits for dirt cheap at costco.

Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Olliee13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In on great thread. I get my chicken from a food wholesaler called Batleys. There's another called Bookers - google that chit brahs. 5kg of chicken for £20 (srs)

LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) LDDSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed as well.

I'll list my staple foodstuffs here, adding to the chicken breast I posted above...

ALDI:
    £2.99

£1.99

All dirt cheap, and very good quality.

Bad snapchatter

"Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong (That kid can cycle)

UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000) UkShredded is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unflavored whey protein from myprotein.com

5kg for £39.99

Per 25g:
    Energy: 98.3Kcal
    Protein : 20.5g

Taste good man, they do put salt in them though, which can taste a bit strange at first.

Bad snapchatter

Originally Posted by Olliee13 View Post
    5kg of chicken for £20 (srs)

http://www.booker.co.uk/home.aspx

Nice!! Repped on r/c, didn't know about this.

Originally Posted by DOZbrah View Post
    Stuff like chicken, frozen fish, tinned tuna is quite cheap as it is. If anyone can tell me where to get decently priced almonds and other nuts (no homo) I would appreciate it though; well expensive at sainsbury's.

Get all your supplements from myprotein, I have a shop near me that sells supplements, for a 5kg bag of INSTANT MASS cost me £55 (and that was with a discount as I flexed my glutes and he was impressed) and that bag is the biggest load of chit ever, srs you shake it for minutes and it's still lumpy as porridge.

Alpha men from MyProtein, I never took multi and was getting colds and flu once a month guaranteed, have been taking half the recommended dose of this for past 2 months and not ill once, cutting pretty hard as well which usually brings on the man flu
    |)__)
    -”-”-

blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueskyeye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    7 frozen fillets of fish (I think it is Pollock) from Tesco for £1.95

Just poach them in boiling water for 10 minutes.

Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turkstarr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Olliee13 View Post
    In on great thread. I get my chicken from a food wholesaler called Batleys. There's another called Bookers - google that chit brahs. 5kg of chicken for £20 (srs)
    Got a Bookers round the corner. Will check them and the Asda frozen ones out. How long roughly for the defrost timing?

Originally Posted by Danzeligan View Post

EDIT: What gym you go to brah? One in Liverpool? I think I recognise ya.
    Wont be me. Based in London.

Originally Posted by UkShredded View Post
    Unflavored whey protein from myprotein.com

5kg for £39.99

Per 25g:
    Energy: 98.3Kcal
    Protein : 20.5g
    agreed use price beater on their website with www.ironscience.co.uk and goes down to £37.99
    |)__)
    -”-”-

cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10) cockneylad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been buying some gammon lean steaks from sainsburys recently 2 for £3 30g protein in each one they so tasty.

YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000) YuMadThough is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DOZbrah View Post

myprotein sells a selection of nuts too that seem pretty good, was thinking about ordering me some the other day actually along with a giant tub of natty peanut buttaaah.

JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JazB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im a student in the UK, so ive learnt a few things lol

ALDI:

4 lamb burgers for £2, each burger has 18 grams of protein in it, also has a good amount of fat and tastes epic.
    Tuna in sun flower oil is like 60p and gives just under 40 grams of protein.

ASDA/Sainsburys's:

Frozen pollock fish is insanely cheap, high in protein and low in calories...great for cutting (tastes very boring though)
    Mince meat is very cheap also and high in protein

will give more in due time

How long roughly for the defrost timing?
    I microwave them on medium for 3 mins. Then turn them round and microwave on medium for another 3 mins. Seems to do the trick every time from frozen. Then they're soft enough as if fresh (the outside's may be white-ish where it's cooked a bit) and then I season the fuq out of them and lash them on the foreman. Job'sa.

Seen some good shouts in this thread so far, easy to get bored of the tinned fish so I'll be trying a few for a change next week. Nice one brahs. Keep it coming.

Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000) Fringe! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Few little things I picked up from student life

- Buy chicken at local stores (arab/asian) - may be Halal but usually around 4.50kg for skin/boneless breast
    - 30 eggs for £3 at Asda
    - Cheap ass tuna chunks for ~50/60p Asda
    - Buy less lean mince meat - fry it, put it in a collinder, pour boiling water over the top then blot dry with kitchen towel - leans the meat out at expense of some flavour, but certainly not cost.
    - Cook in bulk; I'd mainly buy take away when I was too lazy to cook, no excuse if it's just gotta do 2 mins in the microwave
    - Lentils
    -8 burgers for 99p at Asda - ~11g/burger
    - Shop online - it's easier to see the best offers and deals (although you won't get the ridiculously low prices reduced items which can be good)
    - You can get lucky if you go shopping around 11/11.30pm - reduced meats etc that will shortly expire can save loads
    "Make friends with pain and you'll never be alone."

I say thank you 1k+ every time...make sure to leave a link.(could be on r/c)

Originally Posted by Danzeligan View Post
    I microwave them on medium for 3 mins. Then turn them round and microwave on medium for another 3 mins. Seems to do the trick every time from frozen. Then they're soft enough as if fresh (the outside's may be white-ish where it's cooked a bit) and then I season the fuq out of them and lash them on the foreman. Job'sa.
    Will try this.

I normally just wrap em in foil, bit of spray oil, **** loadsa tabasco, dry as fuark, but pretty good.

Bad snapchatter

Smashing your 4/10 mother RaveBrah's Avatar
    RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RaveBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ASDA Smartprice Low Fat Natural Yogurt (500g)

Nutrient per 100g
    Energy kJ 256kJ 320kJ
    Protein 4.9g
    Carbohydrate 6.9g
    of which sugars 6.9g
    Fat 1.5g
    of which saturates 0.9g
    Fibre Nil
    Sodium Trace 0.1g
    Salt Equivalent 0.2g

1 Pot
    P 24.5g
    C 34.5g
    F 7.5g

Cost .55p

extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50) extrahold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JazB View Post
    Im a student in the UK, so ive learnt a few things lol

ALDI:

4 lamb burgers for £2, each burger has 18 grams of protein in it, also has a good amount of fat and tastes epic.
    Tuna in sun flower oil is like 60p and gives just under 40 grams of protein.

ASDA/Sainsburys's:

Frozen pollock fish is insanely cheap, high in protein and low in calories...great for cutting (tastes very boring though)
    Mince meat is very cheap also and high in protein

will give more in due time
    In.

Tesco 15 box of eggs £1.25. Tesco own brand musli 4.5k calories 120g protein 500 carbs. £1 a bag
    "u should try mussel milk its got creatine and steroids in the chocolate one"