OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Does Standing/Seated Dumbell Press/Military Press work the upper chest?

Need to know because I am weak in the upper chest department.

CarolinaFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Oslo,

The exercises that you mentioned are shoulder focused. If you want to build the chest, work chest focused exercises. But, if you really want an answer.... standing...no. The other 2, it just depends on the angle of the bench. Slightly farther back, slightly more chest. Feel free to pm me anytime if you need help.
    Originally Posted by OsloTheViking View Post

OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OsloTheViking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CarolinaFit View Post
    Hey Oslo,

The exercises that you mentioned are shoulder focused. If you want to build the chest, work chest focused exercises. But, if you really want an answer.... standing...no. The other 2, it just depends on the angle of the bench. Slightly farther back, slightly more chest. Feel free to pm me anytime if you need help.
    ive been thinking of doing all pro beginner routine but the thing is i already have a good foundation for lower chest and i need to build the upper chest so that is the only problem i have with the routine

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you have a tendency to lean back or if your seat is less than upright, the upper chest will be involved.

It isn't optimal in my opinion if you are targeting your front delts with the movement but it is what it is nonetheless.

I wouldn't depend on it solely for upper chest as it's more of a carryover effect. Just do incline presses or flyes if you wanna directly hit upper chest.

Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    If you have a tendency to lean back or if your seat is less than upright, the upper chest will be involved.

It isn't optimal in my opinion if you are targeting your front delts with the movement but it is what it is nonetheless.

I wouldn't depend on it solely for upper chest as it's more of a carryover effect. Just do incline presses or flyes if you wanna directly hit upper chest.
    so for the all pro routine could i lets say replace military press with incline db/barbell press/ guillotine press?

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    so for the all pro routine could i lets say replace military press with incline db/barbell press/ guillotine press?
    No.

And with benching three times a week, I doubt your chest will be weak for long, all else being equal.

Originally Posted by MichaelCJ View Post
    No.

And with benching three times a week, I doubt your chest will be weak for long, all else being equal.
    no my chest is not weak, the upper chest near the collar bone area is small while the lower part is large.

No.

will my upper chest grow from this routine tho? i think mili press should have some good effects and + im a beginner

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    no my chest is not weak, the upper chest near the collar bone area is small while the lower part is large.
    If you say so. I doubt it - chances are, you're just weak all over. And no, I'm not having a go; it just tends to be the case with newbies. Nothing wrong with that - newbie gains are ripe for the picking, is the upside.

Bench hits the upper chest, by the way. No, it's not a primary target, but it is worked by that lift. Much as I feel pretty damn sure that you don't need to mess with that program, if you absolutely had to, and if your chest is exactly as you say in reality, you could maybe try alternating flat bench with incline bench, but keep everything else the same.

It feels wrong to even type that, however, and every instinct tells me you'd be better off sticking with allpro's exactly as written. In the end though, it's your call. Good luck, whatever you decide. Enjoy dem newbie gains!

If you say so. I doubt it - chances are, you're just weak all over. And no, I'm not having a go; it just tends to be the case with newbies. Nothing wrong with that - newbie gains are ripe for the picking, is the upside.

Bench hits the upper chest, by the way. No, it's not a primary target, but it is worked by that lift. Much as I feel pretty damn sure that you don't need to mess with that program, if you absolutely had to, and if your chest is exactly as you say in reality, you could maybe try alternating flat bench with incline bench, but keep everything else the same.

It feels wrong to even type that, however, and every instinct tells me you'd be better off sticking with allpro's exactly as written. In the end though, it's your call. Good luck, whatever you decide. Enjoy dem newbie gains!
    ok i was butthurt but i decided ill take your advice and not add upper chest focus exercises to the allpro routine.
    few more things tho. my biceps are too big so i dont want to curl if you see my pics you will know what i mean.
    and bb rows dont work my lats for some reason.
    only things that do are db rows, seated cable rows and chinups

Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It does, but incline presses target it more specifically.

People who lean back during overhead presses and turn them into an incline press angle would also be targetting it.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For me, yes. Not everyone responds to this the same way though, just like how some people get a lot of chest work out of the bench press and others get nothing but front delt and tricep DOMS.

ok thanks guys ive decided i will focus on military press to build upper chest, should do something

lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500) lipox is not very helpful. (-500)
    incline bench press is upper chest

pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50) pbryd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't have a bench so it's been all OHP for me, I have noticed an improvement in my upper chest.