Registered User MrThundercleese's Avatar
    MrThundercleese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb What protein to take or should I take something else?

Got a question for all you bodybuilders out there who know there stuff (and I'm willing to bet it's an obvious answer I don't know yet).

I've been working on losing weight the passed 3-4months and lost a good 20-24lbs (currently 5'7" @ 168lbs), mainly from just cutting calories and excercising/weight lifting for the first time in a long time. There is nothing extreme about my intake of supplements, just the regular Multivitamin, Fishoil, joint supplement and CLA twice a day. For protein, the majority of it comes from my pre-post workout shakes of Optimum Hydrowhey, otherwise protein is midly scarce with my diet I've been doing. Sadly though I've hit a plateau with my weight loss and I've been hovering around my current weight so I wanted to help this situation I'm in. What I was thinking was uping my protein intake, a lot, with either 1-2 shakes for, or with, my meals in the morning and afternoon. I was leaning towards Pro Complex but it seems like that's for building mass muscle.

My question is: am I on the right track with my thinking and should up my protein, either with Pro Complex, or another type of Whey protein and is that even the right mind set? Or should I be doing other things like taking fat burners/thermogenics?

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated it. If you want more information about my diet/protein intake I can give out some numbers if it helps. Thanks again, people.

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Eat below maintenance = weight loss
    Eat above maintenance = weight gain

Start counting calories and count your macros. Use your favorite protein supplement to hit your protein macro for the day.

Registered User MrThundercleese's Avatar
    MrThundercleese has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ninetysix View Post
    Eat below maintenance = weight loss
    Eat above maintenance = weight gain

Start counting calories and count your macros. Use your favorite protein supplement to hit your protein macro for the day.
    appreciate it. thanks a bunch!