Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50)

16/8 fasting diet help/questions

Guys i started the 16/8 diet. My goal is to gain lean mass. gain a little size but lean out at the same time. Is it okay if i have a protein shake first thing in the morning (1 scoop of myofusion) and then have my first legit meal 16 hours after my last meal from the previous day?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess you goal is to fast for 16 hours without fasting for more than 8 hours, right? Than why bother with an IF protocol?

By the way. if you're gaining size (naturally), you're not going to be losing body fat at the same time.

Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ftara will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    I guess you goal is to fast for 16 hours without fasting for more than 8 hours, right? Than why bother with an IF protocol?

By the way. if you're gaining size (naturally), you're not going to be losing body fat at the same time.
    Yea simply trying to lean out a bit before going on a bulk in sept. just wanted to know if a shake in the AM throws off the 16 hour fasting. does it make that much of a difference. instead of drinking vegie shakes and coffee i chug a protein shake. just curious.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you consume a protein shake, then you'll no longer be in a fasted state.

Why not just eat when you're hungry?

yea you are right, okay ill cut the shake out and just consume bcaas and water until my 16 hours.

razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000) razorfin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why even bother with BCAA's? I do IF out of convenience, never ever have BCAA's.

But you do not have to follow any protocols, I do because I like to be discipled. If you want to eat, eat!

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ftara View Post
    yea you are right, okay ill cut the shake out and just consume bcaas and water until my 16 hours.
    Don't even do the BCAA's just wait it out. Enough protien from the previous day will carry you through.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Enjoying the lamentations Ed_Hitchens's Avatar
    Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000) Ed_Hitchens is just really nice. (+1000)
    In the real world, there should be no difference between eating all day when hungry and eating during a feeding window, so long as caloric and nutrient needs are met. But there's just "something" about IF. Maybe the science hasn't caught up to it yet, but there seems to be a metabolic advantage to an intermittent fasted state in conjunction with a compressed feeding window as compared to eating all day long. For many, it just works, and works well with little thought, planning, or stress.
    Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

Your prayers have been answered. The answer is NO.

Never give up on your dreams. They provide so much joy to your friends and family who laugh about them behind your back.

Remember when you were a kid and dreamed of working in a cubicle all day? Mission accomplished.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Because he needs that magic 16 hour benefit pug, you know.... The one you lose if you eat after 15 hours 58 minutes?? It's like eating carbs at 6pm verses 5:59
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Because he needs that magic 16 hour benefit pug, you know.... The one you lose if you eat after 15 hours 58 minutes?? It's like eating carbs at 6pm verses 5:59
    Not even once.

Me and my brother always joke around about carbs after 6-7, makes for a good laugh!

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    goodjob smh @ your nonsense.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Don't even do the BCAA's just wait it out. Enough protien from the previous day will carry you through.
    i dont even get hungry until mid afternoon, so it is fine. If i get hungry i usually drink some green powder and it makes me content. alright thanks for the info man appreciate it.

venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Real men fast for 17 hours.

But seriously, hold off on the protein shake until after your workout. Don't break the fast. It's definitely possible to gain muscle/strength while losing fat for the first month or two on Lean Gains... yes, even if you're not a noob to bodybuilding! However, if you keep cutting beyond two months, then you will lose a bit of muscle/strength. This comes from my personal experience. Will be posting my 4 month pics on Friday. My abs should be fairly noticeable, and that's what my current goal is.

VS
    www.CultofCthulhu.net

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cals are cals on a wekly basis no matter if you want to IF or whatever else floats your boat. The reason I like IF is that I get to eat a nice dinner every night. If I eat breakfast that's just cals I don't get to enjoy in the evening when I really want to.

Personally, as long as my protien is met it just has never made a difference on what time of the day or how many TIMES a day I eat. You just have to find that comfortable groove.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by venger_satanis View Post
    Real men fast for 17 hours.

But seriously, hold off on the protein shake until after your workout. Don't break the fast. It's definitely possible to gain muscle/strength while losing fat for the first month or two on Lean Gains... yes, even if you're not a noob to bodybuilding! However, if you keep cutting beyond two months, then you will lose a bit of muscle/strength. This comes from my personal experience. Will be posting my 4 month pics on Friday. My abs should be fairly noticeable, and that's what my current goal is.

VS
    How many shakes do you consume if your doing the 16 fast? just 1 with your post workout meal?

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From what I understand BCAAs prompt an insulin response which breaks the fasting phase.
    Johns Hopkins '16

Originally Posted by texicus View Post
    From what I understand BCAAs prompt an insulin response which breaks the fasting phase.
    "At a dosage of 120 mg/kg of bodyweight, it appears that BCAA supplementation does not increase serum insulin values to a greater extent than an acute bout of resistance exercise alone." See: http://www.jissn.com/content/5/S1/P20

Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You should build a solid base before starting on any specialty diet program. From the look of your avi, you won't benefit from this any more than you would consuming regular meals throughout the day. But if it's more convenient to starve yourself for 16 hours than who am I to judge

Originally Posted by Icicle View Post
    You should build a solid base before starting on any specialty diet program. From the look of your avi, you won't benefit from this any more than you would consuming regular meals throughout the day. But if it's more convenient to starve yourself for 16 hours than who am I to judge
    well you have a good point, but i just want to lean out a little before i start a clean bulk. my avatar is roughly 4 years old. i was close to 10% bf at the point, now im roughly 16%. (stomach has a ton of fat) i underwent 2 surgeries. but i agree with i was completely lost at start and decided to do a 16/8 because it was easy with my work schedule

Paulf15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout

I fast 7pm-11am problem is my shifts have all changed in work which means I will not be able to drink protien etc after my workout which I estimate i will be finnished around 7am before my shifts changed i finnished a daily workout around 10:30 am so it was never a problem would this affect muscle growth if i waited say 4 hours after my workout to drink/eat protien?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Paulf15 View Post
    I fast 7pm-11am problem is my shifts have all changed in work which means I will not be able to drink protien etc after my workout which I estimate i will be finnished around 7am before my shifts changed i finnished a daily workout around 10:30 am so it was never a problem would this affect muscle growth if i waited say 4 hours after my workout to drink/eat protien?
    You don't have 1 minute to drink one scoop of whey?

You'll still make gains if you wait 4 hours but ideally you have some protein (or meal) afterwards.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Still doin' it 3 years later, huh?

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB