joekinnear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Skinny with pot belly

If you look at my pictures, I am really skinny, with a little belly that looks like i'm carrying a child lol
    I want to get rid of the pot belly, and gain muscle - specifically in my chest and arms.
    I am genetically skinny as my father was the same, I have a naturally skinny frame, and don't expect to get bulky or overly muscular, i just want to have some defined structure visible.. and to not be embarrassed in a swimming pool or whatever, looking ill lol.

Help!?
    Attached Images

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This for nutrition http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

And this for a routine http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Eat above your maintenance level as you look like a concentration camp survivor, if you still just want to cut then pls go.
    "it's never too late to be the person you should've been" -unknown

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Bench Press: 290lbs 1x1
    Squat: 355lbs 1x5
    Deadlift: 360lbs 1x1

randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you dont have a pot belly bro lol you got some extra fat on your lower abs, a pot belly is when your whole stomach bulges you far far from that,, best advice i could say is start up on rippetoe's starting strength to build up a nice base and start eating more figure out your maintenance calorie intake with a calculator on the web pretty sure this website has a good one, then calculate your calories so your getting about 500 more then you need my favorite program is fitday .com then all it comes down to is your dedication in the gym, kitchen and sleeping,,, what ever you do just dont give up !! its not a 2 week kinda thing you gotta put in 110% every week and i promise you'll start seeing results. and dont be afraid to ask questions !

JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by joekinnear View Post
    If you look at my pictures, I am really skinny, with a little belly that looks like i'm carrying a child lol
    I want to get rid of the pot belly, and gain muscle - specifically in my chest and arms.
    I am genetically skinny as my father was the same, I have a naturally skinny frame, and don't expect to get bulky or overly muscular, i just want to have some defined structure visible.. and to not be embarrassed in a swimming pool or whatever, looking ill lol.

Help!?
    you need to bulk as you're extremely skinny
    but you shouldn't gain more than 1 lb a week circa
    but since you have also fat deposited in your abdomen, I think you would benefit from cycling small bulk and cut phases
    instea of going in an all out bulk and gaining even more fat in the abdomen. There are many ways to do it. Dr Squat suggests
    to bulk for the week and cut on weekend. Layne Norton says to bulk for 4-6 weeks and cut for 2 weeks.

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely bulk. You need to gain some size before you even consider cutting. Like Arcos said, eat above your maintenance. If you're new to weight lifting, start out with a beginner strength routine like Rippetoes Starting Strength or Babylovers Starting Strength. If you choose to go with Rips, add in some pull ups.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Originally Posted by randomhero565 View Post
    you dont have a pot belly bro lol you got some extra fat on your lower abs, a pot belly is when your whole stomach bulges you far far from that,, best advice i could say is start up on rippetoe's starting strength to build up a nice base and start eating more figure out your maintenance calorie intake with a calculator on the web pretty sure this website has a good one, then calculate your calories so your getting about 500 more then you need my favorite program is fitday .com then all it comes down to is your dedication in the gym, kitchen and sleeping,,, what ever you do just dont give up !! its not a 2 week kinda thing you gotta put in 110% every week and i promise you'll start seeing results. and dont be afraid to ask questions !
    I've tried p90x, but I dunno, I think I feel overwhelmed lol. What's your thoughts on it?

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've tried p90x, but I dunno, I think I feel overwhelmed lol. What's your thoughts on it?
    Do you have the dvds? If so sell them and buy a gym membership.

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    P90x is a great program but my opinion a little bit more advanced if you cant do a pull up or push up your kinda screwed unless you do the whole work your way up to it thing they have going on. that and its pretty intense because its nonstop for however long the videos are like an hour or something and most people give up on it in a couple weeks if not days because of how like you said over whelming it is plus there at home so its like ehh i could do it later and never end up doing it, that i feel is one problem with home workouts. how long did you use it for and how was your diet ? if you used it for a while and ate right you should have seen an increase in size and strength and maybe some fat loss. can you get to a gym at all ? get a membership or use your schools gym?

P90x is a great program but my opinion a little bit more advanced if you cant do a pull up or push up your kinda screwed unless you do the whole work your way up to it thing they have going on. that and its pretty intense because its nonstop for however long the videos are like an hour or something and most people give up on it in a couple weeks if not days because of how like you said over whelming it is plus there at home so its like ehh i could do it later and never end up doing it, that i feel is one problem with home workouts. how long did you use it for and how was your diet ? if you used it for a while and ate right you should have seen an increase in size and strength and maybe some fat loss. can you get to a gym at all ? get a membership or use your schools gym?
    I only used it for a few days, didn't follow the nutrition plan but eat healthily etc.
    I did have a gym membership, i used it for a good few months, but laziness got the better of me and that fizzled out - but i will get another one, now that i've left school and have more time.

I also have this equip in my room
    Attached Images

I only used it for a few days, didn't follow the nutrition plan but eat healthily etc.
    I did have a gym membership, i used it for a good few months, but laziness got the better of me and that fizzled out - but i will get another one, now that i've left school and have more time.

figured about the p90x lolol try and sell them maybe if you could or just hold on to them for days you cant make it to the gym or something,,, yes get a gym membership asap and heres a link to SS:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=998224&page=1

check that out its a great place to start like you said you let laziness get to you,,, dont let it happen !! get a good diet together and get to the gym, your the only one that can change the way you look and if your that unhappy with it you and only you can change it only thing others can do is give you advice and support. like i said its not an over night kinda thing, you really gotta work at it... when i started i was wrestling through out highschool, as soon as my SR wrestling year was done i started hitting the gym again HARD and eat BIG. in the beginning it was real tough but i kept pushing myself on kept hitting the gym, eating, sleeping like a beast and i saw progress i started at 135lb and by the time i graduated i was over 200 lbs. its all about dedication and really wanting it

musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Starting Strength and eat alot. And when i say a lot i meen A LOT more than you think you should
    Lifetime PR's

Squat 445 w/ wraps (405 raw no wraps)
    Competition Bench 275
    Deadlift 435

Training Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177139451

andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have exactly your problem OP... fat storage on lower abs is the problem i have. I was gonna cut but i dont have enough mass on me yet, im lean bulking on a 5x5 and it seems to be going fine, dont let it bother you.

Bulk till you got enough mass to cut, then when you cut you should slowly see the fat go away.

Exclamation -

i'm going away to australia for a roughly a year not this september coming but next.
    here's a photo of what i'm aiming for before i leave, probably a little smaller
    do you think it's reachable?
    and i'm going away in october abroad and want to at least feel comfortable in my own skin poolside or at the beach
    Attached Images

pls go

If that's all you can achieve in an entire year then you do not deserve to post here

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Originally Posted by Arcos27 View Post

pls go

If that's all you can achieve in an entire year then you do not deserve to post here
    well.... what do you suggest?

JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JakeJohsson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Listen bro, don't worry about that 'potbelly' (which it isn't...).
    It's just some extra fat on the lower abdomen.
    What you need to do, if you have the motivation is follow a good program like Kris Gethin, get the nutrition right.
    Don't cut, you will be a twig if you do so really.

Clean bulk with a good program.
    Gogo!

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    P90X is a solid program that will improve your strength in the basic bodyweight exercises. You will be able to do more push ups, pull ups, etc than when you started before, but you won't get big and strong from it. You need to lift heavy and eat big.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

what food should i be eating / exercises should i be doing?