Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Spirituality-Discuss (Srs)

Just curious to know what you guys think/know about spirituality?-and when I say spirituality I am not talking about religion.

UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000) UgotItbad is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just so you know... this is what happens when you put srs in the title... have a look around... there isn't much we're serious about.
    Every time you tell me how you should've, could've or would've it reminds me how I do, did and will. Your defeatist attitude and lack of willpower pushes me harder to not be like you.
    You can call me callous, egotistical, delusional or vain. I am fully aware that I am nowhere near perfect. But despite your detraction's and insults, the fact of the matter is that Im doing what you wish you were, to one day become your complete antithesis.

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't know if God exists. Don't care. Irrelevant in this day and age.

Do believe in karma.. kind of superstitious.. I don't think we can do whatever the hell we want and that there's no repercussions and that ethics are just religious mumbo-jumbo. Negative actions = poison for your soul. Negative thoughts= poison for your soul. Alcohol/drugs (although I do drink but very rarely) = poison for your soul.

Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aristomeow View Post

Do believe in karma.. kind of superstitious.. I don't think we can do whatever the hell we want and that there's no repercussions and that ethics are just religious mumbo-jumbo. Negative actions = poison for your soul. Negative thoughts= poison for your soul. Alcohol/drugs (although I do drink but very rarely) = poison for your soul.
    so you think alcohol is poison for the soul...which last time i checked was a pretty big thing...yet you still drink it?

PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000)
    The word soul refers to life as a person. Souls are mortal, meaning when you die it is referred to as a dead soul. Spirit is a force which brings our body to life. Much like electricity. When you die the the body goes back to where it originally came from which is earth, and The spirit goes back to wherever it's judged to go to by the holly spirit. But I am not gonna go there because I don't wanna start another one of those thread. But hope you get the idea.

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kemo1990 View Post
    so you think alcohol is poison for the soul...which last time i checked was a pretty big thing...yet you still drink it?
    Very rarely, and never to the point where it impairs my decision-making skills. It's poison because of the effect it has on people (terrible decisions, addiction); and I suffer neither consequence. I could go without it for the rest of my life, only ever consume it at weddings etc with dinner.

Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very rarely, and never to the point where it impairs my decision-making skills. It's poison because of the effect it has on people (terrible decisions, addiction); and I suffer neither consequence. I could go without it for the rest of my life, only ever consume it at weddings etc with dinner.

PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000) PotatosGonPotat is just really nice. (+1000)

Do believe in karma.. kind of superstitious.. I don't think we can do whatever the hell we want and that there's no repercussions and that ethics are just religious mumbo-jumbo. Negative actions = poison for your soul. Negative thoughts= poison for your soul
    What do you define negative actions & thoughts and explain why it is considered negative ..

Originally Posted by PotatosGonPotat View Post
    What do you define negative actions & thoughts and explain why it is considered negative ..
    Negative actions are those that knowingly bring harm to other people. Manipulation, theft, infidelity, assault.. you know where this is going.

Negative actions can also be those that harm only you. ( substance abuse, dysfunctional food habits such as binging/purging tendencies, laziness. As well as less obvious things like having casual sex when you know sex means more to you than that, staying with someone abusive because youre afraid to be alone, surrounding yourself with people who you know bring you down, getting into relationships when you don't even love yourself etc).

Negative thoughts are just that. Thoughts of revenge, bitterness, hatred, jealousy,self-hate. Not because they hurt other people, but because they hurt you; they stop you from moving forward with your life, they lead to self-destructive relationships which will bring about negative actions.

Negative actions are those that knowingly bring harm to other people. Manipulation, theft, infidelity, assault.. you know where this is going.

Negative actions can also be those that harm only you. ( substance abuse, dysfunctional food habits such as binging/purging tendencies, laziness. As well as less obvious things like having casual sex when you know sex means more to you than that, staying with someone abusive because youre afraid to be alone, surrounding yourself with people who you know bring you down, getting into relationships when you don't even love yourself etc).

Negative thoughts are just that. Thoughts of revenge, bitterness, hatred, jealousy,self-hate. Not because they hurt other people, but because they hurt you; they stop you from moving forward with your life, they lead to self-destructive relationships which will bring about negative actions.

Yes but in a way you are taught to think all of those things are bad for you. You subconciously see them as negative but if you were raised with no rules and boundaries.. as reference: (everything that we do is not considered negative but as a natural behavior) so why should it be considered negative then? All of this in my opinion connects with religion ..

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I believe in a (non-religious) higher power. My thoughts/feelings further than that are ever evolving though.

Yes but in a way you are taught to think all of those things are bad for you. You subconciously see them as negative but if you were raised with no rules and boundaries.. as reference: (everything that we do is not considered negative but as a natural behavior) so why should it be considered negative then? All of this in my opinion connects with religion ..
    The difference though is religion focuses more on what God thinks is right, regardless of if it hurts anyone on this Earth. I don't believe in hell, but I do believe in people doing what they can to make this Earth as harmonious for themselves and others as they can. Of course you can argue "who the fk cares about others", but I'm sure when you have kids you don't want them to be robbed/raped/cheated on- you would have no stance for your anger or outrage. It is in our natural instincts as humans to do all of those, but it's also in our natural instincts to not shower, to **** in our living rooms, etc.

~1. I have a problem with the effects drugs, alcohol etc create, and people's reasons for using them. As a social lubricant, I'd say people should work on their issues on why they're shy/awkward/uptight, rather than drowning them with substances. I don't have a "moral" issue with them.

~2. Dysfunctional food habits/laziness. Shows like "Man vs food" make me sick, BBW obsessions make me sick. Bingeing and laziness is so accepted in our society- boyfriend broke up with you? Have a cheesecake!. In a long term relationship? brb cancelling gym membership. This isn't religious, this is "What the hell is wrong with you that you don't want to be the best version of yourself that you can be FOR YOURSELF?"

~3. Casual sex. This only applies to people who have casual sex knowing they'll regret it in the morning, or people who have sex with someone thinking it'll make that person like them more. Don't care if people do it for enjoyment, more power to them. But there's too much of this "slept with him on the first date and now he won't talk to me and omg how will I ever be able to tell future hubby I've slept with 30 guys!!". Either you stop caring, or you stop engaging in behaviours that you KNOW YOU WILL REGRET.

~4 & ~5. Actually, staying with someone who abuses you /being around people who bring you down, is encouraged in most religions. I'll cop some flack for this, but in the Koran, and I'm sure by extension, The Old Testament, men hitting their wives= no big deal. And you're encouraged to love your family/parents & honour them even if they're the worst people ever. So no religious basis for these points, at all.

As for negative thoughts, this isn't some "love thy neighbour" crap. This is a "let go of all the negative emotions that are holding you back".

S1NN3R G0N3 G00D NotBigEnough206's Avatar
    NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Karma definitely comes around sooner or later for everyone.

You reap what you sow.

There were days when I woke up in the morning and thought god that was a horrible nightmare, but then realised that this wasnt a nightmare, it was my life. Why? Because of you reap what you sow.

Am I the same man still no, but I have learned my lesson.
    EX YU Mafia #1 ----Cant Touch Us----

(OO==[][]==OO)

Its not important what they say behind my back, what is Important is whether they stop talking and look down when I turn around.

The difference though is religion focuses more on what God thinks is right, regardless of if it hurts anyone on this Earth. I don't believe in hell, but I do believe in people doing what they can to make this Earth as harmonious for themselves and others as they can. Of course you can argue "who the fk cares about others", but I'm sure when you have kids you don't want them to be robbed/raped/cheated on- you would have no stance for your anger or outrage. It is in our natural instincts as humans to do all of those, but it's also in our natural instincts to not shower, to **** in our living rooms, etc.

~1. I have a problem with the effects drugs, alcohol etc create, and people's reasons for using them. As a social lubricant, I'd say people should work on their issues on why they're shy/awkward/uptight, rather than drowning them with substances. I don't have a "moral" issue with them.

~2. Dysfunctional food habits/laziness. Shows like "Man vs food" make me sick, BBW obsessions make me sick. Bingeing and laziness is so accepted in our society- boyfriend broke up with you? Have a cheesecake!. In a long term relationship? brb cancelling gym membership. This isn't religious, this is "What the hell is wrong with you that you don't want to be the best version of yourself that you can be FOR YOURSELF?"

~3. Casual sex. This only applies to people who have casual sex knowing they'll regret it in the morning, or people who have sex with someone thinking it'll make that person like them more. Don't care if people do it for enjoyment, more power to them. But there's too much of this "slept with him on the first date and now he won't talk to me and omg how will I ever be able to tell future hubby I've slept with 30 guys!!". Either you stop caring, or you stop engaging in behaviours that you KNOW YOU WILL REGRET.

~4 & ~5. Actually, staying with someone who abuses you /being around people who bring you down, is encouraged in most religions. I'll cop some flack for this, but in the Koran, and I'm sure by extension, The Old Testament, men hitting their wives= no big deal. And you're encouraged to love your family/parents & honour them even if they're the worst people ever. So no religious basis for these points, at all.

As for negative thoughts, this isn't some "love thy neighbour" crap. This is a "let go of all the negative emotions that are holding you back".
    For some reason I read this post in female voice lol but I'm weird like that. But anyways I think you brought out very valuable points but all of this links from generations of the past and the beginnings of society. You could teach a child almost anything you want it to behave like. Raise a kid in the wilderness with no contact to humans and show him the natural way. IE hunting, killing, raping, no emotions and guilts. What is the kid to do when he becomes a man and is taught all of those traits which "we" think are natural but an animal is an instinct of life and survival. He will do all of those things without any emotions. What I'm trying to get to is that all of the things we find morally wrong and negative are rules and boundaries past on by civilization. God or in your case a higher power has set these rules in the testament. As for the old testament and Koran it is exactly that: Old testament which lays the foundations of legal documents. But where these religions come to play is where conflicts arise. This is why the new testament which is more loving and less cruel as the old has the same message but in a civilized way.

For some reason I read this post in female voice lol but I'm weird like that. But anyways I think you brought out very valuable points but all of this links from generations of the past and the beginnings of society. You could teach a child almost anything you want it to behave like. Raise a kid in the wilderness with no contact to humans and show him the natural way. IE hunting, killing, raping, no emotions and guilts. What is the kid to do when he becomes a man and is taught all of those traits which "we" think are natural but an animal is an instinct of life and survival. He will do all of those things without any emotions. What I'm trying to get to is that all of the things we find morally wrong and negative are rules and boundaries past on by civilization. God or in your case a higher power has set these rules in the testament. As for the old testament and Koran it is exactly that: Old testament which lays the foundations of legal documents. But where these religions come to play is where conflicts arise. This is why the new testament which is more loving and less cruel as the old has the same message but in a civilized way.
    I don't have a particularly girly voice if that helps haha.

Wild Kid of course couldn't fit in well in society, and to no fault of his own. But in a society where 1/ we're surrounded by other, civilised people and 2/ have such easy access to information about how other people live, there isn't any excuse for not being able to control yourself.

I realise certain people need religion in their lives because otherwise they see no other reason to be "good", I'm not one of those people though. I have vastly different beliefs to those that I was brought up with and they're all simply based on "Hey if I hurt this person they could totally beat me up/send my n00dz to everyone/fire me so I'm just gonna be a good person because I really don't want that and also that someone is someone's kid and if anyone did that to my kids I'd get stabby".

I actually dislike religion which is man made and in my opinion somewhat evil since it breaks people into groups but yes some people do need god in their life to do good.

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't belive in ghosts, or an invisibile sky daddy. Spirutuality and religon are the same belief in the magical supernatural relam of intellectual opitates that has plagued mankind for history. Wether you organize or feel a different way about beliving in the supernatural wether it be that the green lantern is real or that a immortal voyeur that looks like zeus who sent his son on a sucide mission is around to save your soul it is still irrational.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ethics and morals are subjective, and it comes clear across in your post. You may not be religious, but you still make absolute statements about what is wrong or right (poison). These examples are "poison" to you because of the experiences you may have had with them.

I personally don't view drugs, alcohol, gluttony or casual sex (that I may regret) in the same light. Not everyone does these to the detriment of others, and I consider these things to simply be life experiences.

The examples above are not bad in and of themselves, and attaching negative connotations to them is a way of attempting to relieve oneself of personal responsibility.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 06-06-2012 at 11:22 PM.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by liuzhoudragon View Post
    I don't belive in ghosts, or an invisibile sky daddy. Spirutuality and religon are the same belief in the magical supernatural relam of intellectual opitates that has plagued mankind for history. Wether you organize or feel a different way about beliving in the supernatural wether it be that the green lantern is real or that a immortal voyeur that looks like zeus who sent his son on a sucide mission is around to save your soul it is still irrational.
    Agree. To say that "religion" is silly, yet buy into "supernatural", "spirituality", "karma" or such is a bit hypocritical.

The "religious" is just a gathering of the "spiritual".

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Ethics and morals are subjective, and it comes clear across in your post. You may not be religious, but you still make absolute statements about what is wrong or right (poison). These examples are "poison" to you because of the experiences you may have had with them.

I personally don't view drugs, alcohol, gluttony or casual sex (that I may regret) in the same light. Not everyone does these to the detriment of others, and I consider these things to simply be life experiences.

The examples above are not bad in and of themselves, and attaching negative connotations to them is a way of attempting to relieve oneself of personal responsibility.
    They have nothing to do with the experiences I may have had with them, but I don't believe it's good for people to be doing things that can harm others, or themselves.

Like I mentioned, alcohol and drugs don't carry an inherent evil. They're nothing but chemical compounds for the most part. But what effects do they have on society? What effects do they have on the person that consumes them? And if there are positive effects- of course there are- why can't that person experience them without drugs?

Of course everyone goes through phases and has "life experiences". But there comes a point where you have to think- why do I do this, does it enrich me, and is there a way for me to achieve that enrichment from sources that don't harm my health, my pocket, my self-esteem etc. "Casual sex that I may regret" is different from "Casual sex that I KNOW I will feel bad about as soon as I wake up".

I don't really get your comment about personal responsibility, since I think people should take MORE personal responsibility, about factors that they can help. Instead of eating like shiht, drinking like a fish, sleeping with everyone they find mildly attractive, harbouring unnecessary grudges and then wondering why they have such bad lives.

As for religion being silly: I don't think religion as a concept is silly. But every religion I've read about makes no sense to me with the exception of Buddhism.

They have nothing to do with the experiences I may have had with them, but I don't believe it's good for people to be doing things that can harm others, or themselves.

Like I mentioned, alcohol and drugs don't carry an inherent evil. They're nothing but chemical compounds for the most part. But what effects do they have on society? What effects do they have on the person that consumes them? And if there are positive effects- of course there are- why can't that person experience them without drugs?
    You said it yourself, they are neither inherently good or bad. For every irresponsible person drinking, smoking, steroids, there are most likely dozens of examples of responsible use that causes absolutely no foul. People people will do bad things, and "blaming" substances for poor behavior is what I meant be "relieving yourslf of personal responsibility".

While I can appreciate the the whole "High on life" theme, if you have ever taken alcohol, drugs, steroids, you know that the experience can not be replicated by warm fuzzy emotions.

Of course everyone goes through phases and has "life experiences". But there comes a point where you have to think- why do I do this, does it enrich me, and is there a way for me to achieve that enrichment from sources that don't harm my health, my pocket, my self-esteem etc. "Casual sex that I may regret" is different from "Casual sex that I KNOW I will feel bad about as soon as I wake up".
    Feeling bad about personal decisions, again, doesn't make casual sex bad. Your personal experience is what made it bad. Some people are hedonistic in nature and will never regret their gluttonous and aberent ways. THEIR experience with it wasnt bad.

I don't really get your comment about personal responsibility, since I think people should take MORE personal responsibility, about factors that they can help. Instead of eating like sh*t, drinking like a fish, sleeping with everyone they find mildly attractive, harbouring unnecessary grudges and then wondering why they have such bad lives.
    And it all comes back to what YOU think is bad. You come across as very prejudicial. Some people LOVE to eat like sh*t, drink like a fish, f*ck everyone, and still have fulfilling productive lives with no regrets.

For those that think gluttony, drugs or hedonistic sex is the cause of their problems, they are doing nothing but shifting blame away from themselves and projecting on to these areas.

As for religion being silly: I don't think religion as a concept is silly. But every religion I've read about makes no sense to me with the exception of Buddhism.
    I never said it was silly either. For some reason, cosmic gods with heads like elephants make sense, but God makes no sense? Heaven makes no sense, but Nirvana does? The eternal soul and reincarnation is legit, but hell is ridiculous?

What makes Buddhism legit?

FWIW, Buddhist preach a middle ground in thought and action.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 06-07-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10) Th0th is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very Interesting the misc seems to have some intellectual people after all!

Ok what if I were to tell you guys that there is really no Good/Evil,there is no judgement,no limitations on what you can and cannot do and there is absolutely no hell in the literal sense of the fiery pit the bible refers to but instead hell and heaven are metaphorical and by that I mean that every person literally creates their own hell and heaven through their actions and thoughts (to explain this in words I would need to write a couple of pages but perhaps in another post),for example a person you would judge as good would not necessarily be in heaven as it all depends on the quality of his emotions/thoughts and the motives/energy he carries them out. In addition I would like to point out that nothing as I said previously is good and bad this is simply our mind putting labels on what simply is, this is where the man made religions have imprisoned the mind of those who follow them,they can be compared to a person who is living in a box and the box is within a country but all they see is a box (I hope that makes sense :P) I can elaborate by saying they have placed on themselves limitations as to what they can and cannot do and basically brainwashed themselves.

Here is another question for you guys,what do you think of meditation and happiness?

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Th0th View Post
    Just curious to know what you guys think/know about spirituality?-and when I say spirituality I am not talking about religion.
    Can you give us an idea of what you mean with "spirituality"?
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Can you give us an idea of what you mean with "spirituality"?
    For me I would it is those aspects of life that most people are unaware of even though they are easily found if you put in the effort

Has a lot to do with human psychology and the likes.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me I would it is those aspects of life that most people are unaware of even though they are easily found if you put in the effort

Has a lot to do with human psychology and the likes.
    After reading your post I know exactly the same about spirituality as I did before reading it. Great job at explaining nothing bro.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    After reading your post I know exactly the same about spirituality as I did before reading it. Great job at explaining nothing bro.
    It cannot be explained in words it just is Spirituality-what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see the word spirituality?what do you feel?

It cannot be explained in words it just is Spirituality-what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see the word spirituality?what do you feel?
    I know what some people mean with "spirituality". For some it's crystal healing and feng shui. For others is premonitions and finding meaning in dreams. For others it's being religious without practicing an organized religion (basically inventing your own religion). For others it's yoga and burning incense. Since I don't do any of the above, I usually associate "spirituality" with "quackery".

Very Interesting the misc seems to have some intellectual people after all!

Ok what if I were to tell you guys that there is really no Good/Evil,there is no judgement,no limitations on what you can and cannot do and there is absolutely no hell in the literal sense of the fiery pit the bible refers to but instead hell and heaven are metaphorical and by that I mean that every person literally creates their own hell and heaven through their actions and thoughts (to explain this in words I would need to write a couple of pages but perhaps in another post),for example a person you would judge as good would not necessarily be in heaven as it all depends on the quality of his emotions/thoughts and the motives/energy he carries them out. In addition I would like to point out that nothing as I said previously is good and bad this is simply our mind putting labels on what simply is, this is where the man made religions have imprisoned the mind of those who follow them,they can be compared to a person who is living in a box and the box is within a country but all they see is a box (I hope that makes sense :P) I can elaborate by saying they have placed on themselves limitations as to what they can and cannot do and basically brainwashed themselves.

what you're saying is lets assume all of this fairy tale stuff is just that, a fairy tale and let's disregard heaven and hell. So Our spirit will live in a happy state as long as knowing what you did is right or wrong. So if you feel guilty you will have a horrible after life. If you feel like you lived a happy and positive life your spirit will therefore be in a happy state as well. People would like to understand this better because it makes more sense than a super intelligent force judging our spirit. It seems as a fairy but. We as humans cannot comprehend in that level of intelligence and see things so narrow so that if we do see them otherwise, we would feel and look dumb. But even if you think you are at a happy state of mind when you die does not mean your spirit will be as well. It's your conscious not letting you live in this state because you did not accept in what you were fully capable of comprehending the spiritual condition or God's requirements for salvation. This answers both those that are aware and the people who are not aware IE babies. Babies are incapable of this realization so there is no judgment/good or bad upon them if they are miscarried or died after birth

what you're saying is lets assume all of this fairy tale stuff is just that, a fairy tale and let's disregard heaven and hell. So Our spirit will live in a happy state as long as knowing what you did is right or wrong. So if you feel guilty you will have a horrible after life. If you feel like you lived a happy and positive life your spirit will therefore be in a happy state as well. People would like to understand this better because it makes more sense than a super intelligent force judging our spirit. It seems as a fairy but. We as humans cannot comprehend in that level of intelligence and see things so narrow so that if we do see them otherwise, we would feel and look dumb. But even if you think you are at a happy state of mind when you die does not mean your spirit will be as well. It's your conscious not letting you live in this state because you did not accept in what you were fully capable of comprehending the spiritual condition or God's requirements for salvation. This answers both those that are aware and the people who are not aware IE babies. Babies are incapable of this realization so there is no judgment/good or bad upon them if they are miscarried or died after birth
    Good conclusion but I would like to know (perhaps I misunderstood you're post) why are you separating the spirit from "the me" after all we simply are nothing else, most humans go through life associating themselves with their thoughts/emotions and rarely if ever live in the present moment (which if you think about is all that exists) instead they are either in the past or in the future and they derive their sense of self from that lifestyle which is why the world is in such a state of chaos,most people never stop to think that they are here now and it this very moment they actually have nothing to worry about and that everything simply just is instead they are in a constant state of what you might call an Illusion.That being said their are a relatively few people who you might call "Aware" of what they truly are.Also I would like to add when you say that if you feel guilty you will have a horrible after life that would not be due to an external effect but because of the state you're consciousness is in basically you will have created that situation for yourself but it is not eternal (of course until you acknowledge the reason for why that situation is).This is really a nice fairy tale and we have more potential than we would like to recognize and the funny thing is it is quite easy to access however most people don't bother questioning