kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenlee6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

can casein cause you to be fat ??

As we know casein is taken pre bed. When we sleep our metabolic rate is low. So will taking casein before bed causes the calories to become fat???

BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everything can cause you fat if it doesn't fit your daily "need" of calories&macros
    you can eat whenever you want and it's a good think to eat right before bed-time
    but make it fit to your diet and everything's fine :]

*Edit: It takes the body 7-8 hours to digest the casein so its good for the night because you sleep 7-8 hours so you give a supply of protien for the muscle recovery all night long

d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d.taylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kenlee6 View Post
    As we know casein is taken pre bed. When we sleep our metabolic rate is low. So will taking casein before bed causes the calories to become fat???
    An overabundance of protein can make it be converted to fat. But I doubt that if you're working out regularly at good intensity that the casein would make you fat. That is only going to be true if your diet is in check though. If it's not it's possible, however slight a possibility, still possible.

Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    calories in over calories used = weight gain
    na na na na na na na na na na FATMAN

ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need casein before bed.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajerone View Post
    You don't need casein before bed.
    this, steak and eggs before bed. MMM

Casein can cause you to be fat for sure, so can anything that puts you over your calories
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tried to blow my brains out when I read this thread... luckily the bullet didnt go off Man On Fire-style.

Op, a simple mantra for you; Read more, post less.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kenlee6 View Post
    ...your lack of knowledge about the "Search" function on this forum makes me want to kick small animals.

No. You won't get fat from taking a casein shake before bed.

ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeh, you will...about tree fiddy
    FLAT: 225x11 INCLINE DB 100x9 incline bench 225x8 deadlift: [RETIRED!! OUTTA HERE] FS: 225X8

Master of The Universe laneanders's Avatar
    laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This can probably be attributed to the "don't eat before bed" mentality most of the people I know suffer from. If I lived by that rule I would also die by it.

Casein is a protein, which means as long as it has a function (building muscle) it will be used for that purpose.

So break some muscle and give the casein a reason for living, otherwise it will make you fat if you just sit on your butt all day and then drink it before bed.

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    This can probably be attributed to the "don't eat before bed" mentality most of the people I know suffer from. If I lived by that rule I would also die by it.

Casein is a protein, which means as long as it has a function (building muscle) it will be used for that purpose.

So break some muscle and give the casein a reason for living, otherwise it will make you fat if you just sit on your butt all day and then drink it before bed.
    Broscience?
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/

Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superfly1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Broscience?
    :/ strong broscience at the end :/

itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
    :/ strong broscience at the end :/
    Tired of seeing these kids preach everything every article online tells them off like it's science.

Carbs pre-bed won't make you fat.

You many people tell me my one meal a day is going to make me fat(strong IFing) and yet I'm still rockin the six pack.
    NSCA CSCS

Tired of seeing these kids preach everything every article online tells them off like it's science.

Carbs pre-bed won't make you fat.

You many people tell me my one meal a day is going to make me fat(strong IFing) and yet I'm still rockin the six pack.
    i'd of thought any catabolism would be held off by large intake and any fat storage....if any would be burnt off during fasting period... kinda like how they feed bulls..

i'd of thought any catabolism would be held off by large intake and any fat storage....if any would be burnt off during fasting period... kinda like how they feed bulls..
    If your daily macros are hit then late night carbs will be going to restore glycogen lost throughout the day. People misunderstand how the body works. They think the body is a furnace and the metabolism's job is to just burn calories throughout the day. That is just turns off at night and we stop functioning for a solid 8 hours.
    NSCA CSCS

If your daily macros are hit then late night carbs will be going to restore glycogen lost throughout the day. People misunderstand how the body works. They think the body is a furnace and the metabolism's job is to just burn calories throughout the day. That is just turns off at night and we stop functioning for a solid 8 hours.
    it does turn off at night thats why every morning on my cut so far i feel sick im that hungry lol :/ but seriously dont think i could do one meal a day.. how do you keep hunger at bay?

FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50) FallenEngel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it does turn off at night thats why every morning on my cut so far i feel sick im that hungry lol :/ but seriously dont think i could do one meal a day.. how do you keep hunger at bay?
    The body's hunger signals readjust as new habits are established. Once you get used to being fed once a day, the physical battle has been won. Of course, from a psychological and social standpoint, it does take some willpower to maintain the fast.

Oh, and to further answer your question more concretely - coffee, tea, water, chewing gum, and ****loads of diet soda. The last is questionably healthy, but with regards to body composition...IIFYM

Originally Posted by FallenEngel View Post
    The body's hunger signals readjust as new habits are established. Once you get used to being fed once a day, the physical battle has been won. Of course, from a psychological and social standpoint, it does take some willpower to maintain the fast.
    hmm maybe... but i feel physically hunger an hour after eating.. and not in the head.. as in stomach rumbling etc

dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As the others have said, it is a question of calories in vs. calories out.

But, Casein is a great choice for before bed to help with muscle gains and recovery. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein is what I use.
    USPlabs Representative. Alpha Manlet.

Deadlift: 525 lbs at 164 lb body weight. No straps. 3.2 x bw.
    Squat: 260 lbs x 15 reps to parallel at 164 body weight. No belt. No wraps.
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 100 lb dumbbells x 14 reps at 164 lb body weight.

trippybroski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm maybe... but i feel physically hunger an hour after eating.. and not in the head.. as in stomach rumbling etc
    It might be the carbs. Those are digested VERY rapidly, and as soon as they are, you feel hungry really soon. Try to replace carbs with unsaturated or the other "not evil" fat (sorry I blanked out on the name) and you'll feel full much longer.

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

No.

-> Calories consumed pre-bed specifically are no more likely to make you fat than calories any other time of day. Calories consumed in surplus of your amount burned for that day, however, will likely cause weight gain to some degree.
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09

PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm about to drink some Peanut Butter Casein, watch a movie and fall asleep. Casein will not "cause" you to get fat. What you do with your day before you drink the Casein determines if it will "help" get you fat or not.

alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100) alex123som is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PappaBear76 View Post
    I'm about to drink some Peanut Butter Casein, watch a movie and fall asleep. Casein will not "cause" you to get fat. What you do with your day before you drink the Casein determines if it will "help" get you fat or not.
    So you mean if i wourkout daily and at night i would drink my casein,that would be good for my muscle growth and recovery but if i drink it without working out that would just put some extra ''weight'' on me ?? or if im wrong explain