1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Casein Protein + Diarrhea

Hey guys. I have a problem right now, I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

I took a single serving (1 heaping scoop) of ON Casein Protein.

a few hours ago with 10oz of fat free milk. Within these past few hours, I've been having quick spouts of diarrhea. Just quick, liquid diarrhea without any pain.

I intended to go to sleep after taking the casein protein, but I had to do a lot of work on the computer (that's why I was up these past few hours). I know that you have to take casein protein IMMEDIATELY before you go to sleep.

Am I having diarrhea because I'm awake while the casein protein digested? I've taken casein protein with water during the entire week before going to sleep, and I wouldn't have diarrhea.

Also, are there protein isolates for people that are lactose intolerant? I know that whey is from milk, but I haven't had a bad experience with the regular ON Whey Protein.

Is casein protein+milk (it was fat free)=diarrhea?

Sorry if the grammar is bad, its late and I need to wake up early to go to work.

-Frank

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by 1motivatedguy View Post
    Hey guys. I have a problem right now, I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

I took a single serving (1 heaping scoop) of ON Casein Protein.

a few hours ago with 10oz of fat free milk. Within these past few hours, I've been having quick spouts of diarrhea. Just quick, liquid diarrhea without any pain.

I intended to go to sleep after taking the casein protein, but I had to do a lot of work on the computer (that's why I was up these past few hours). I know that you have to take casein protein IMMEDIATELY before you go to sleep.

Am I having diarrhea because I'm awake while the casein protein digested? I've taken casein protein with water during the entire week before going to sleep, and I wouldn't have diarrhea.

Also, are there protein isolates for people that are lactose intolerant? I know that whey is from milk, but I haven't had a bad experience with the regular ON Whey Protein.

Is casein protein+milk (it was fat free)=diarrhea?

Sorry if the grammar is bad, its late and I need to wake up early to go to work.

-Frank
    That is a misconception, you can take protein or in this case casein whenever you want as long as you fulfill your protein requirement for the day.

You pretty much narrowed down your problem to the milk, try it again tomorrow and see if it happens again. If it does then yes you are probably lactose intolerant to a certain degree and yes there are protein isolates for people that are lactose intolerant such as Gaspari Intrapro or Allmax Isoflex.
    Last edited by RaginAzN; 06-07-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

2260 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you sure its the protein? Im having the exact same grief with Purple Wraath. Its a joke, I cant leave the house!
    Keep it simple stupid.

1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1motivatedguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks both of you guys for responding.

I was going to post a reply to both of your advice; however, my computer crashed. You both know how much it sucks when you type down a few things, just to lose all of your work.

The problem was the milk. I rarely drink milk, but I knew that I was slightly lactose intolerant. I believed that whole fat milk gave me diarrhea, so I thought that I could add fat free milk to my casein protein shake (and add some extra calories to make it a meal replacement) without having any diarrhea. It worked before with a different brand of milk from Food 4 Less. However, this milk was from the 99 cent store (no, it wasn't expired).

I think I"ll just mix my protein shakes with water, and have the extra calories from whole foods.

I don't know how to close a thread, so I'll just announce this. This thread is now closed.

-Frank

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Glad to hear I was able to help you with your problem, you don't have to delete this thread as it will serve to help others that may have the same problems later on. But once again I'm happy that was able you sort it out
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

2260 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wraath runs

Any ideas how to fix my problem ragin?
    I've tried eating beforehand but still no luck!
    Thank you
    Keep it simple stupid.