Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I spent my first 5 months of lifting doing this program and can backup Jim's claim that it is a shortcut to size. I added 25 lbs of "size", some muscle, fat, water, glycogen, etc, in my first 4 months. For me, I saw hypertrophy set in quite fast. I looked way stronger than I really was. I've spent the last 3 months doing the generic bulking routine by Lyle McDonald and have added only 8lbs since switching. The GBR is slowly turning that puffy sarcoplastic muscle into functional muscle, and my gains are showing up as weight on the bar instead of weight on the scale.
    Jim's workout programs are always going to be scrutinized a little more than others because of his marketing agenda, and that is fair enough. This workout does give what the title says. I saw sarcoplastic hypertrophy set in fast, way faster than I saw strength gains. This kind of workout was really good for building confidence and keeping motivation high. I doubt I will do it again though, I'm getting my kicks by getting stronger rather than bigger now.
    Here is a pic of my first 4 months progress, all with Shortcut to size.

LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeBroome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    I spent my first 5 months of lifting doing this program and can backup Jim's claim that it is a shortcut to size. I added 25 lbs of "size", some muscle, fat, water, glycogen, etc, in my first 4 months. For me, I saw hypertrophy set in quite fast. I looked way stronger than I really was. I've spent the last 3 months doing the generic bulking routine by Lyle McDonald and have added only 8lbs since switching. The GBR is slowly turning that puffy sarcoplastic muscle into functional muscle, and my gains are showing up as weight on the bar instead of weight on the scale.
    Jim's workout programs are always going to be scrutinized a little more than others because of his marketing agenda, and that is fair enough. This workout does give what the title says. I saw sarcoplastic hypertrophy set in fast, way faster than I saw strength gains. This kind of workout was really good for building confidence and keeping motivation high. I doubt I will do it again though, I'm getting my kicks by getting stronger rather than bigger now.

Thanks for posting! I just completed week 2 Phase 1 so I still have some time left ahead of me. I should be finishing this program in the beginning of May. I'm glad to see some visual proof of this program and what it does. I'm looking forward to continuting on with this program and seeing gains more and more every week.

I completely support this program, I have seen a lot of gains in strength and some in size, looking foward to more

tfabes23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He suggests taking a pre-workout for all 3 months while on this program. I take C4 Extreme and it says to cycle on it for 2 months and take 1 month off. Should I stay on it the whole 3 months?

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tfabes23 View Post
    He suggests taking a pre-workout for all 3 months while on this program. I take C4 Extreme and it says to cycle on it for 2 months and take 1 month off. Should I stay on it the whole 3 months?
    Don't really worry too much about following the supplement rules with the routine, just eat plenty and lift with intensity and the results will come. I personally like to switch up my pre workouts on a regular basis, there are lots of good ones to pick from.

tfabes23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the help! Do you think I should stay off a pre-workout though for 1 month since your suppose to cycle off of any pre-workout after 2 months? or do you think I would be alright taking one for 3 months straight?

Originally Posted by tfabes23 View Post
    Thanks for the help! Do you think I should stay off a pre-workout though for 1 month since your suppose to cycle off of any pre-workout after 2 months? or do you think I would be alright taking one for 3 months straight?
    That would have to be your call, I don't cycle off of PWO's just switch them up.

JalKed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just have a question concerning this program. Currently I'm in week 2, & I like it, but it surprises me that you have to di cardio during all of the 3 rest days that you have. As far as I understand, this is a bulking program, & too much cardio is not very conductive to bulking. What do you think ?

Originally Posted by JalKed View Post
    I just have a question concerning this program. Currently I'm in week 2, & I like it, but it surprises me that you have to di cardio during all of the 3 rest days that you have. As far as I understand, this is a bulking program, & too much cardio is not very conductive to bulking. What do you think ?
    I did not add any cardio on my rest days, but I lead an active lifestyle. I wouldn't worry about it unless you see some extra bodyfat building up and have concerns about it.

JalKed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. Yes, I can see bodyfat building up, this is why I'm doing One HIIT cardio session a week for 40 minutes in one of my rest days. I'm also taking Abs apart & doing them on the same day as cardio, but before the cardio

Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    I did not add any cardio on my rest days, but I lead an active lifestyle. I wouldn't worry about it unless you see some extra bodyfat building up and have concerns about it.