Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

MCL, not ACL....
    Yep updated it, mistyped. Doesn't change what I said though. derp

The Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL), together with the cruciates and lateral collateral ligament, is critical to the stability of the knee joint.

http://www.sportsmd.com/sportsmd_articles/id/270.aspx
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals
    Kansas Jayhawks
    LeBron James

rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Iczer View Post
    Yep updated it, mistyped. Doesn't change what I said though. derp
    Only a grade 3 tear would seriously affect stability to the point of definitely not being able to play. Grade 1 and 2 can be played on if there is no evidence of ACL damage, especially if there isn't time for proper rest and recovery (like in the playoffs)

/Physical Therapy major

Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only a grade 3 tear would seriously affect stability to the point of definitely not being able to play. Grade 1 and 2 can be played on if there is no evidence of ACL damage, especially if there isn't time for proper rest and recovery (like in the playoffs)

/Physical Therapy major
    Grade I injuries are incomplete tears of the MCL. The ligament is still intact but stretched, and the symptoms are mild. Patients usually complain of pain with palpation of the MCL.

A grade II MCL tear is a partial or incomplete tear. There is significant pain with valgus stress of the knee and palpation along the medial aspect on the knee over the ligament. Athletes with these tears often complain of knee pain or instability when attempting to cut or pivot.

Grade III tears are complete tears of the MCL. These athletes have significant pain along the medial aspect of the knee. Even deep bending of the knee is uncomfortable. These tears often occur in combination with other injuries in the knee, and complaints of “giving out” or instability with walking, running, or pivoting is common. A knee brace or a knee immobilizer is usually needed for comfort.

wot m8
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals
    Kansas Jayhawks
    LeBron James

rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsnnh12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sigh. You have no clue what you're talking about dude, Google isn't going to save you. Yes, a grade 2 causes some instability, as does grade 1. Nowhere near as bad as an ACL injury, and it can be played on. It all depends on the severity and the individual.

Cliffs-
    Grades 1 and 2 can be played on if the athlete is up for it, grade 3s are almost always sidelined.

Not sure why you think I said there is full stability in a lower grade tear...

Sigh. You have no clue what you're talking about dude, Google isn't going to save you. Yes, a grade 2 causes some instability, as does grade 1. Nowhere near as bad as an ACL injury, and it can be played on. It all depends on the severity and the individual.

Cliffs-
    Grades 1 and 2 can be played on if the athlete is up for it, grade 3s are almost always sidelined.

Not sure why you think I said there is full stability in a lower grade tear...

My whole argument was that if he tore his MCL and he played then he wouldn't have been able to play near the level he could be. Stability is HUGE in basketball, so if you're telling me playing on a torn MCL with instability is no big deal then I guess everyone else is just a pussy for missing months to rehab right? Just take some pain meds and you're good right?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals
    Kansas Jayhawks
    LeBron James

PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pierce should play poverty ball with his flops, he would excel there.
    No lifting crew

My whole argument was that if he tore his MCL and he played then he wouldn't have been able to play near the level he could be. Stability is HUGE in basketball, so if you're telling me playing on a torn MCL with instability is no big deal then I guess everyone else is just a pussy for missing months to rehab right? Just take some pain meds and you're good right?
    It doesn't take months to rehab from a low grade tear... just a few weeks. Plenty of athletes have played on similar injuries. If you have the time to rehab, you obviously should... there wasn't time in the Finals.

He was obviously slowed in the games after the injury. Not that he relies on speed/cutting anyway, but he was definitely not himself.

Bottom line is we don't know how much instability he had. May have been a lot, may have been none. The team doctor who was there the whole time and diagnosed it said it was a torn MCL. Not sure who would have better info than him

Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ivan7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PrimeraRS View Post
    Pierce should play poverty ball with his flops, he would excel there.

na ******* i think hes fine in the nba u mad?
    *Always pick 4 crew*
    *Dirk>Garnett crew*

Rockets/Texans

brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brb_ballin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ivan7x View Post
    - isnt a *******

- teammates dont fuk his mom

lmao
    Packers-Celtics-RedSox-Leafs

It doesn't take months to rehab from a low grade tear... just a few weeks. Plenty of athletes have played on similar injuries. If you have the time to rehab, you obviously should... there wasn't time in the Finals.

He was obviously slowed in the games after the injury. Not that he relies on speed/cutting anyway, but he was definitely not himself.

Bottom line is we don't know how much instability he had. May have been a lot, may have been none. The team doctor who was there the whole time and diagnosed it said it was a torn MCL. Not sure who would have better info than him
    Can you name any other basketball players who have played with a torn MCL? What I'm getting at here is it's not common for players to play with a torn MCL as it's kind of a big injury.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals
    Kansas Jayhawks
    LeBron James

Registered User whitetigerwoods's Avatar
    whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) whitetigerwoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I get called a liar all the time for saying this, but it's the truth:

I don't care if LeBron James wins 1 championship or 5 championships, he's still my favorite athlete of all time regardless of rings. It'd be nice for him to win so everyone can stfu but I don't measure my favorite players by rings. It's cool Wade has one, but it doesn't bother me that much if they fail to win in the Finals.

If they lose on thursday all I want is Spo canned and for them to sign some shooters. Don't break up the Big 3.

bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by whitetigerwoods View Post
    I get called a liar all the time for saying this, but it's the truth:

I don't care if LeBron James wins 1 championship or 5 championships, he's still my favorite athlete of all time regardless of rings. It'd be nice for him to win so everyone can stfu but I don't measure my favorite players by rings. It's cool Wade has one, but it doesn't bother me that much if they fail to win in the Finals.

If they lose on thursday all I want is Spo canned and for them to sign some shooters. Don't break up the Big 3.
    he's your favourite why tho? cause he can dunk? for a player like lebron, who can accomplish so many individual accolades, why the fck can't he win a championship? he's just mentally weak and will never be mentioned with the greats.

the only reason i don't see him fade away slowly (like vince carter, allen iverson, etc) as he ages is because of espn and hardly any injuries

Originally Posted by bertishere View Post
    he's your favourite why tho? cause he can dunk? for a player like lebron, who can accomplish so many individual accolades, why the fck can't he win a championship? he's just mentally weak and will never be mentioned with the greats.

the only reason i don't see him fade away slowly (like vince carter, allen iverson, etc) as he ages is because of espn and hardly any injuries
    Or because he just won his 3rd MVP and is only 27 and has shown no sign of slowing down? No one says you have to like him. You don't gotta make bullchit up to fuel your hate though.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals
    Kansas Jayhawks
    LeBron James

xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by roadtrippin View Post
    3 mvps >>>>> 0 mvps
    1 fmvp >>>>>> 0 fmvps

?

DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Too bad he's not gonna be able to close out this series. Celtics are about to get **** on.

bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Or because he just won his 3rd MVP and is only 27 and has shown no sign of slowing down? No one says you have to like him. You don't gotta make bullchit up to fuel your hate though.
    FYI.. i don't hate lebron. he's a talented player, but come the fck on man.. what's going on, how much more help does the man need?

and no signs of slowing down? uh, he's already starting. he's not as explosive as he once was, that's for sure.

Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks, but I'll take the word of the team physician over a guy who constantly hates on the Cs. He said it was a torn MCL and that Pierce played through pain the rest of the series. Adrenaline and painkillers help a bit too...
    Those doctors also said he had a strained McL which is an injury which automatically sidelines you for 4 weeks. Yet he was able to play 40 minutes a game on it. The doctors in the NBA are garbage. They use injuries to build drama and hype up thier players. Why do you think it's the only sport that openly says every aspect of a players injury.

Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000) Bowyermania is just really nice. (+1000)
    FYI.. i don't hate lebron. he's a talented player, but come the fck on man.. what's going on, how much more help does the man need?

and no signs of slowing down? uh, he's already starting. he's not as explosive as he once was, that's for sure.

Has his best statistical season ever ... Brb slowing down. 30 8 and 8 in these playoffs ... Brb slowing down. You do hate Lebron.

Not as explosive yet just won his 3rd MVP.

Does not compute...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals
    Kansas Jayhawks
    LeBron James

GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100)
    Pierce has always been better than Lebron.

Lebron is the East version of K-Love.A stat stuffer who can't win.

He's not a #1 option who can carry a team, he proven this for 9 seasons now.

Can you name any other basketball players who have played with a torn MCL? What I'm getting at here is it's not common for players to play with a torn MCL as it's kind of a big injury.
    Only guy I can think of who had an MCL injury is ZBo, and his was a grade 2/3 (can't find what the exact diagnosis was). He missed 6-8 weeks, partially because the Grizzlies owner said he wanted him completely healed before returning. It was at the beginning of the year, so it was worth it to let him fully recover.

Most MCL injuries are accompanied by an ACL injury, especially in basketball. Relatively uncommon to have just an MCL tear with no visible effect on the ACL.

Pierce's injury definitely wasn't a complete, grade 3 tear. It was a 1-low 2. Certainly not a faked injury, but not a Willis Reed situation either

DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000) DubstepDealer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GETB1G View Post

Pierce will never be as good of a player as LeBron James.

Originally Posted by GETB1G View Post

Lol

Lebron by himself carries teams to NBA final appearances.

Peirce by himself carries team to a lottery pick.

robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000) robfromlbc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DubstepDealer View Post
    Too bad he's not gonna be able to close out this series. Celtics are about to get **** on.

lol

Last year, it took the heat 5 games. So it will go the distance this series. Then all you Celtic fans will be bandwagoning the haters club for the next match up.

Just like the knicks fans

just like the laker fans

just like the pacers fans

just like the sixers fans.

GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100) GETB1G is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DubstepDealer View Post
    Pierce will never be as good of a player as LeBron James.
    He's better.

He's won a ring and will go down as one of the greatest Celtics to ever play. Lebron has choked in big games and hasn't done anything memorable.

If it wasn't for the media constantly hyping him up, Lebron wouldn't even be considered a top 10 player atm.

Originally Posted by Bowyermania View Post
    Lol

Lebron by himself carries teams to NBA final appearances.

Peirce by himself carries team to a lottery pick.
    1 Finals appearance in 7 years as the #1 option for the Cavs.

He's also the worst big game performer in NBA history.

Tim Duncan made your top 10. Please.

Cool

Originally Posted by Bowyermania View Post
    Those doctors also said he had a strained McL which is an injury which automatically sidelines you for 4 weeks. Yet he was able to play 40 minutes a game on it. The doctors in the NBA are garbage. They use injuries to build drama and hype up thier players. Why do you think it's the only sport that openly says every aspect of a players injury.
    The fuk? Please show me where a "strained MCL" gets an automatic 4 week recovery

MJpopcorn.gif

Registered User orderoutofchaos's Avatar
    orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000) orderoutofchaos is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pierce scored what like 28 pnts a game one year? I believe he stopped the insane scoring drive because he realized in his prime that scoring titles don't equate championships. Thats something Lebron still cannot conceive in his rapidly receeding skull