Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Back to the basics

Something I rarely see mentioned here and some of you probably don't realize is that cheap drug store medications can be very beneficial to body builders. Both aspirin and Vitamin C have been shown in numerous studies to reduce your production of cortisol. This is especially important if you like to workout longer than 45 min. or so or do any cardio. I suggest 250mg of aspiring pre workout along with 2g of vitamin C. Both of these are dirt cheap and proven effective.

labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i completely agree with u Manteca.
    with Vit.C, i take 1g with multi in the morn, 1g prew., 2g. postw.(+beta-car.), and sometimes another gram before bed.
    cheap and very effective.
    "...but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never knew anything about asprin having an effect on cortisol levels!!!! I thought it was only good for fat burning when mixed with ephedrine and caffeine. Learn something new every day. Give us some more info or articles if ya can Manteca! Thanks.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat

Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hobbit_Boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Agreed Manteca. I take 4-6 500mg vit. C tabs a day w/each meal. I also take a good B-vit complex mid-day along with my daily multi and my liver tabs. 90% of my supplementation consists of basic nutrients!!

Also, taking EFA's are cheap...I can get a ton of flax or fish oil caps for less than 14$...
    "TO GROW YOU MUST EAT LIKE A ****LIAN REFUGEE. EAT AS IF YOU WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER MEAL AGAIN. EAT UNTIL YOU THROW UP, THEN EAT MORE." - Hobbit_Boy

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks for bumping this up a bit, I wanted some people to see it and learn from it. There are lots of studies out there on both drugs effect on cortisol production, I don't have the refs here with me though, try medline you'll easily be able to find some good info.

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Manteca...doesn't ibuprofen serve the same function as aspirin in this case? So, one could alternate using aspirin and ibuprofen, perhaps. Actually, any anti-iflammatory, along with C and E.

While on the subject of cortisol...while it is a bad guy, I think it's important to realize that it IS important for adaptation. For example, cortisol breaks down proteins (preferentially not structural proteins) during resistance training, releases them in the blood to the exercised muscles, and those aminos are then used to rebuild the proteins damaged during training. That's why post-workout nutrition is so critical and timely. Supress the cortisol as soon as possible and begin the rebuilding process. It's excess and elevated cortisol production that needs to be stopped.
    Unstoppable Confidence

word timbo, I don't know if Ibuprofen would serve the same function for sure but I imagine it would