MikeySteez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sharp Shoulder Pain Bench Press

Hey guys, so ive been lurking around these forums ever since i have started lifting. I am on week 12 and have seen pretty big gains already. This is my first post.

Yesterday, i was finishing my workout with a burnout of 135 decline, flat, incline bench press. I would rep each one out as many times as possible and move on to the next bench. On my last bench, Incline, my friend gave me a lift off and i guess i didnt have a good grip on the bar and a sharp pain immediately followed right after the lift off, like someone stabbing me in the shoulder with a knife. The pain was more towards the front of my shoulder and i couldnt even go down for one rep because the pain was so so bad. I ended my workout on that note and today, the next day, the pain is not bad, but is still lingering depending on my shoulder motion. I tried to look for what it could possibly be but i havent found anything.

So im asking you guys, do you have any ideas what it might be? I was thinking maybe my shoulder popped out place?? Idk it is just bothering me because this is my first gym injury and im hoping it doesnt hinder my ability in the gym. I am doing legs today to give it an extra days rest. Your thoughts and speculations are highly appreciated.

yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yankeesfan163 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MikeySteez View Post
    Hey guys, so ive been lurking around these forums ever since i have started lifting. I am on week 12 and have seen pretty big gains already. This is my first post.

Yesterday, i was finishing my workout with a burnout of 135 decline, flat, incline bench press. I would rep each one out as many times as possible and move on to the next bench. On my last bench, Incline, my friend gave me a lift off and i guess i didnt have a good grip on the bar and a sharp pain immediately followed right after the lift off, like someone stabbing me in the shoulder with a knife. The pain was more towards the front of my shoulder and i couldnt even go down for one rep because the pain was so so bad. I ended my workout on that note and today, the next day, the pain is not bad, but is still lingering depending on my shoulder motion. I tried to look for what it could possibly be but i havent found anything.

So im asking you guys, do you have any ideas what it might be? I was thinking maybe my shoulder popped out place?? Idk it is just bothering me because this is my first gym injury and im hoping it doesnt hinder my ability in the gym. I am doing legs today to give it an extra days rest. Your thoughts and speculations are highly appreciated.
    It was too much pressure for your shoulder. If the pain was the same or worse the next day then it's possible you pulled or strained your shoulder. Since the pain wasn't that bad the next day, your fine. I would ice it, and take two full days off. If on the third day you sense no pain, go for it