Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Spinning class after leg workout

So I had my leg workout yesterday, my legs are incredibly sore at the moment, I can barely walk haha.

My question is:

Can I go tomorrow to a Spinning class as an active recovery day? Or will it be considered overtraining?

Cheers!

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tons of athletes balance endurance training and weight training. You have to learn to how to improve your conditioning and how to re-arrange your rest, diet, and training to accommodate the new workload. Spin class, given the intensity I've seen at my gym, might be a bit much for an active recovery day IMO. The day after my leg workout, I usually high incline walk (18 minutes a mile) for about 45-60 minutes. That usually helps my recovery
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I often mountain bike 20 miles of single track on my rest days, it actually helps with soreness, but my legs are used to it. I'm curious though, was this one of your first leg workouts? If so I would advise against doing anything but the mildest of cardio until your body adjusts to the extra load.

Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nope, not my first. Just changed my routine by doing some high step'ups and squat holds on bosu ball (as I can't do leg extensions and presses due to my knee and squats, step ups and rear lunges are the only exercises that I can do so I had to improvise) and doing high reps on my squats (15-20)

johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnpauljones is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Greu View Post
    Nope, not my first. Just changed my routine by doing some high step'ups and squat holds on bosu ball (as I can't do leg extensions and presses due to my knee and squats, step ups and rear lunges are the only exercises that I can do so I had to improvise) and doing high reps on my squats (15-20)
    Interesting, it sound like your leg workout is already pretty endurance oriented, so it is quite possible adding high intensity cardio could interfere.