SirLancelotX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Linda Hamilton - Terminator 2

I just watched this movie last night and realized how good of shape Linda is in. I don't know if she's just ripped or what. Can someone tell me what kind of workout she probably did to get in that kind of shape? I'm just completely curious.

BTW, i'm a man.

Lance

Lizzee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Haven't seen the movie, but....

I saw an interview on Good Morning America on her and apparently she worked her tush off with trainers and nutritionists and gained 15lbs of lean muscle mass. I believe she also said she trained with martial artists and others that I cannot remember. She didn't give any details on her workouts though.

Sorry

Wow, 15lbs lean. That seems like an awful lot to me. I'd be proud to be her. In that movie, she shows the true power of a 'motivated' woman.

Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't forget her twin sister, the stuntwoman! That's her doing those pullups.

Oh yes i forgot about the twin sister. Wait, what about that part when they're both on screen at the same time. They look to be in the same physical shape.

BTW, is that kind of training just bodybuilding training? Without testosterone then would a woman bodybuilder get that kind of muscular physique?

Lance

Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    She worked with a PT and if I recall correctly, went through a messy and traumatic divorce from husband Bruce Abbott during the filming of T-2. (On the upside, she married T-2 director, James Cameron, but they divorced shortly after.) Was she ripped? For her build, yeah. IMO, too much. She also said in an interview that she was just as haggard, pissed off and sick of the world in real life as she portrayed in the flick. She remarked that most of her *acting* in T-2 wasn't acting, it was therapy.

Truth be told, Linda Hamilton was really the first actress to get mainstream women to entertain the idea of weight training. A lot of people will try to credit Demi Moore (GI Jane) or Sigourney Weaver (Alien II) with that honor, but at age 28, Linda was already light years ahead of them. (Actually in 1982 there was a lifter named Sandahl Bergman who was in Conan The Barbarian, but not many women were inspired by her even though she was in pretty good shape for a woman in the early 80's.) I don't think it was so much that women saw Linda as someone they wanted to look like, but what impressed them so much was that they could see that her strength was empowering ... and rightly so. That said, I would have to add that as far as actresses in kick-ass shape go, I was even more impressed with Angela Basset, who (at age 35 no less) played Tina Turner in the 1993 release of What's Love Got To Do With It? IMO, she gets the Most Physically Fit prize. Too bad the movie was so damn painful to watch.
    Flamingos: Train your legs!

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Gottmuscle

(Actually in 1982 there was a lifter named Sandahl Bergman who was in Conan The Barbarian, but not many women were inspired by her even though she was in pretty good shape for a woman in the early 80's.)
    She played in Getting Physical too. I was watching bits and pieces of it today.

d-LiftStyles-b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I consider Hamilton in T2 to be a source of inspiration for me. I was a very impressionable 9 year old when that movie came out (it was 1989 right?). The only other "fit" woman I had seen was in Olivia Newton Johns music video lol. I LOVE aliens, its one of my all time favorite movies but Riply didnt grab my attention at all from a fitness perspective.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
    -Albert Einstein

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Linda indeed looked awesome in T2. Almost perfect.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/linda-hami...ilton/t2-2.jpg
    Last edited by RippedUp; 07-15-2003 at 07:47 AM.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Man i'm surprized

I didn't expect this many replies. I love getting into a good convo. with people who have the same opinion. My girlfriends in great shape but she thinks some 10 minutes hip/thighs/butt workouts in cosmo are going to tone her lower body and i just don't think that's the case. I want to see how Linda got in that kind of shape because i don't know much about 'woman' fitness.

Lance

Registered User adrenalin18stud's Avatar
    adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

yeah, linda was in awesome shape in t-2. I really like women that workout and have a body like that, especially the lower body.

I also like kristanna loken's body from t-3 and michelle rodrigez's body in girlfight & fast and the furious, their bodies are nice and tight & firm very nice. These girls do train hard which i wish more girls would get into weights.
    the more famous you get, its very important to keep your ego as low as possible.

Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gottmuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by RippedUp
    Linda indeed looked awesome in T2. Almost perfect.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/linda-hami...ilton/t2-2.jpg
    Yeah, if you like your women emaciated, gaunt and haggard-looking. She had some definition. I wouldn't call her muscular, just very,very lean. She showed a little mound of delt and a lot of arm veins. Funny how you didn't see any leg in the flick, and even though she ran around in a dirty tank top she didn't have a defined or chisled chest. No boobs, but no chest muscle either. If her face didn't look so aged I's say she looks prepubescent; about 10 years old. Just skin, bones and veins. If you compare that pic to any publicity pics from her other flicks she looks like she's just been through about 3 months of chemo.

Ho-hum.

Yeah, if you like your women emaciated, gaunt and haggard-looking. She had some definition. I wouldn't call her muscular, just very,very lean. She showed a little mound of delt and a lot of arm veins. Funny how you didn't see any leg in the flick, and even though she ran around in a dirty tank top she didn't have a defined or chisled chest. No boobs, but no chest muscle either. If her face didn't look so aged I's say she looks prepubescent; about 10 years old. Just skin, bones and veins. If you compare that pic to any publicity pics from her other flicks she looks like she's just been through about 3 months of chemo.

Ho-hum.
    She is an actress not a bodybuilder. And in FAR better shape then most if not all blockbuster actresses. Take your negativity back to the misc. section or grow some boobs yourself.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
    -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by d-LiftStyles-b
    She is an actress not a bodybuilder. And in FAR better shape then most if not all blockbuster actresses.
    Right, and in T-2 her part called for her to "act" like a tuff babe so they created a hardbody to match. Rough, nasty, haggard. If you call that a great shape then that's your personal opinion. However, her "great physique" didn't last a minute beyond the year or so it took to film T-2; she went right back to looking like she did before. Why? Because she wasn't at a healthy bodyweight that any person in their right mind would try to maintain. Clearly, her tough babe, hardbody figure was all just part of the illusion of ACTING and she's not the goddess of "blockbuster" bad-ass actresses you seem to think she is.

Sounds to me like you've confused fantasy with reality. It happens a lot when you idealize an actor or actress.

Take your negativity back to the misc. section or grow some boobs yourself.
    Ouch. I take it you think only women should criticize women? (They do a pretty fine job of it, I might add) I'm not negative, I'm realistic. Sadly, far too many women measure themselves against an "ideal" that's both unhealthy and unrealistic.

Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sianne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love the Terminator movies, mainly cause of Arnie(oooo hot hot hot!!!) but I think her being a bit bulked up made what all happened in the movie more believable, or shall I put it as easier for us to swallow. And yeah yeah, maybe she wasen't dedicated to it and all that, but as far as the movie went, it worked. Actors gain weight, loose weight, grow hair, cut hair, and do all kinds of things to prep for their character. That's the biz.

I really hate when they show a beautiful woman who looked as if she never lifted a weight in her life, or done any laboris work that would build a sweat on her, and she totally kicks a man's arse. Whaaaatever, lol.

Registered User adrenalin18stud's Avatar
    adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adrenalin18stud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Sianne
    I love the Terminator movies, mainly cause of Arnie(oooo hot hot hot!!!) but I think her being a bit bulked up made what all happened in the movie more believable, or shall I put it as easier for us to swallow. And yeah yeah, maybe she wasen't dedicated to it and all that, but as far as the movie went, it worked. Actors gain weight, loose weight, grow hair, cut hair, and do all kinds of things to prep for their character. That's the biz.

I really hate when they show a beautiful woman who looked as if she never lifted a weight in her life, or done any laboris work that would build a sweat on her, and she totally kicks a man's arse. Whaaaatever, lol.
    i agree with you on that one.....charlies angels is sooo unrealistic.

they should get actresses that can fight such as, sarah michelle gellar from buffy(she actually does tai kwan do). Angelina jolie in tomb raider was even more scary than these girls.

i don't mind females in tough roles but it has to be convincing.
    the more famous you get, its very important to keep your ego as low as possible.

Right, and in T-2 her part called for her to "act" like a tuff babe so they created a hardbody to match. Rough, nasty, haggard. If you call that a great shape then that's your personal opinion. However, her "great physique" didn't last a minute beyond the year or so it took to film T-2; she went right back to looking like she did before. Why? Because she wasn't at a healthy bodyweight that any person in their right mind would try to maintain. Clearly, her tough babe, hardbody figure was all just part of the illusion of ACTING and she's not the goddess of "blockbuster" bad-ass actresses you seem to think she is.

Sounds to me like you've confused fantasy with reality. It happens a lot when you idealize an actor or actress.

Ouch. I take it you think only women should criticize women? (They do a pretty fine job of it, I might add) I'm not negative, I'm realistic. Sadly, far too many women measure themselves against an "ideal" that's both unhealthy and unrealistic.
    Using this logic you had better quit bodybuilding because you will NEVER look like ANY of those guys in the magazines. Their physique also doesnt last 1 minute beyond their competition, it is also unhealthy and unrealistic. Sounds to me like your confusing fantasy with reality! your simply dilluding yourself, time to move on.
    -Albert Einstein

Using this logic you had better quit bodybuilding because you will NEVER look like ANY of those guys in the magazines.
    Sorry sweetie, I accomplished that in my first two years of weight training. How 'bout you ... or are you all mouth and no muscle?

Their physique also doesnt last 1 minute beyond their competition, it is also unhealthy and unrealistic.

Duh. And look who puts whom on a pedestal ...

Sounds to me like your confusing fantasy with reality! your simply dilluding yourself
    Nope. But I think you're confusing *deluding* with diluting.

time to move on.
    Now that I know it bugs you, I'm here to stay. Nice try tho.

girlno3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    She worked with a PT and if I recall correctly, went through a messy and traumatic divorce from husband Bruce Abbott during the filming of T-2. (On the upside, she married T-2 director, James Cameron, but they divorced shortly after.) Was she ripped? For her build, yeah. IMO, too much. She also said in an interview that she was just as haggard, pissed off and sick of the world in real life as she portrayed in the flick. She remarked that most of her *acting* in T-2 wasn't acting, it was therapy.

Truth be told, Linda Hamilton was really the first actress to get mainstream women to entertain the idea of weight training. A lot of people will try to credit Demi Moore (GI Jane) or Sigourney Weaver (Alien II) with that honor, but at age 28, Linda was already light years ahead of them. (Actually in 1982 there was a lifter named Sandahl Bergman who was in Conan The Barbarian, but not many women were inspired by her even though she was in pretty good shape for a woman in the early 80's.) I don't think it was so much that women saw Linda as someone they wanted to look like, but what impressed them so much was that they could see that her strength was empowering ... and rightly so. That said, I would have to add that as far as actresses in kick-ass shape go, I was even more impressed with Angela Basset, who (at age 35 no less) played Tina Turner in the 1993 release of What's Love Got To Do With It? IMO, she gets the Most Physically Fit prize. Too bad the movie was so damn painful to watch.
    agreed, but what about Vasquez in Aliens?? she was seriously ripped... Madonna, also uberbuff, IMO the most buff... demi moore looked good in GI jane too...

Originally posted by girlno3
    agreed, but what about Vasquez in Aliens?? she was seriously ripped...
    Yeah. I started a post about her, but I lost it and couldn't be bothered rewriting it. IMO, she wasn't really ripped, just strong as heck and massive. So strong that they had to make her "one of the guys." That was the point ... no gee, look at me, I'm playing the part of a tuff babe; the hardbody, beauty queen. She was plenty capable of selling the idea that she could take care of any kind of business.

IMO, Vasquez WAS the real deal.

Madonna is just plain heinous, and Jolie ought to wear a bag over her head. Neither are believable action athletes.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by girlno3
    Madonna, also uberbuff, IMO the most buff...
    Madonna looks amazing too. Extremely fit.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Oop. Someone here suffers from small penis syndrome. LOL.
    -Albert Einstein

Oop. Someone here suffers from small penis syndrome. LOL.
    That's quite a leap for such a small gal.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    uh oh...

Edit: nevermind. I dont care. Keep making those astonishing gains Im sure youll be in guiness in no time.
    Last edited by d-LiftStyles-b; 07-18-2003 at 07:26 AM.
    -Albert Einstein