Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrDelts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

aussie brahs, what to expect at uni? (REPS)

i start next week, will rep
    hints/tips etc would be sweet

im going to griffith brah

AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100) AshleyStardoll1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    its a day care for older kids who dont want to work yet.

yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yinyang93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    get there early, get a good park.
    im preparing to do my first yr of commerce accounting this year at adelaide. spent plenty of time during o-week trying to find my way around.
    gonna try get into good habits early i reckon OP. dont rely on the lectures always being available online
    u wot

radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) radkeyo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are you studying?

DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeusEffect will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends what your doing and how seriously you take your study. For me it has been like an extended holiday and I don't get all the people who complain how hard it is.

Registered User brokenwristbrah's Avatar
    brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) brokenwristbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey bro, what course you doing?

im third year at uq and hasnt been anything like i expected - dont set expectations of wild uni parties like you hear from US miscers - its much more of a hang out with people you knew before hand while at uni and staying with your social circle from school outside of uni/going out/on weekends - what ive found anyway

not that it's a massive negative - you do make friends at uni, but sorta get to have uni mates and then outside of uni friends

griffith may be different though,
    Sincerely,
    brokenwristbrah

AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AwkwardRetard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make friends.
    Start planning your assessments as soon as you get them.

TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TranceBrah92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have fun and get good grades. Don't worry about anything else.

Hey im polish too Deathstriker666's Avatar
    Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Deathstriker666 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Go everyday to o week. srs, you will meet lots of people and uni will be 1000x better.
    I rep back.

BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoogaKook is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Know that feel bro.
    Starting at QUT next week. Keen as fuark.

IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamBored is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Every first year kid is nervous, so make a whole bunch of friends (especially those who are doing the same degree as you, as it comes in handy for groupwork). Even if you have school friends, make new friends. In first year I saw a lot of my school friends, and after that not so much in uni. Not everyone at university is smart, there's a lot of people who shouldn't even be in university that are attending. You're not constrained by teachers/department of education, so essentially you're free. Also, don't fail. I know it sounds stupid, but a lot of people do fail because of a lack of effort. If you want to skip lectures, then do so, but make sure to at least the material properly (i personally would go to lectures as some lecturers dont put everything online etc). Also don't be that guy who gets carried through his degree by friends, because then you become a useless kunt.

Time flies by ****ing fast, you will be graduating before you know it. So have fun.
    1.5k+

Reps owed to :

If I dont get you back, then PM me.

EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50) EctoEndoMeso will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    starting unsw next week, i need some friends

bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10) bringingchoas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How are you getting to and from uni? If you are driving make sure to get to uni a 15 - 20 minutes earlier, so much easier to find a park and don't have to search like an idiot for 30+ minutes.

Your lecturer's/tute teacher don't care who you are and what your circumstances are. Unfortunately they don't take excuses unless its a valid one so don't plan on handing in late assignments or missing tests. Major headf*ck to get around.

Uni life, parties, constant drinking, and cramming last minute is what you will come to expect.

stay safe OP

Registered Sex Offender GabrielleS93's Avatar
    GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielleS93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    any sydney uni brahs here??
    Are you the person you always wanted to be?

мoя маленькая кyкла

sydmisc

Ask me anything!! http://www.formspring.me/gabrielles93

Highlanders and AB's JasperBedford's Avatar
    JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasperBedford is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MrDelts View Post

Always try and make tutorials, so you can ask questions and get practical knowledge. These are probably more important than lectures (depending on what you do), hopefully you don't have ridiculous 3hr lecs like I did.

If you have tutors that are part-time people that work in the industry introduce yourself and ask them about their work, how they got their job and helpful advice. They are often more helpful in just helping you find work than teaching the subject matter.

Join industry bodies and attend events.

DON'T BUY EVERY TEXT BOOK. A lot of the time you can get by completely or partially without one, utilize the library, this also helps separate work from your home where there are distractions.

Academically, find out the dates for all your assessment (mid-terms, assignments, practicals). Then hand-draw a 13 week calender in a grid (13 columns for week, 7 rows for days) on one bit of paper so you have a clear view on when everything is due. It is just a visual aid to help you manage your time.

Otherwise, good luck. Uni is not very hard.

If you're at Griffith Mt.Gravatt, get the bus there.
    I don't rep back.

kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    whos going to uts? most of my mates are at unsw, usyd and uws so i need some friends.

Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000) Intags is just really nice. (+1000)
    i was at an uni campus the other day getting my uni id (doing pre-app), op, you will get whiplash

if you know what i mean
    ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�)

**** Misc Spiderman Crew ****

( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�) ( ͡� ͜ʖ ͡�)

http://i.imgur.com/08PQsvT.gif

ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ian4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any assignment can be completed the night before. Last week I met some nice Norwegian slootz staying on campus at Griffiths. Do me proud

lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50) lychee. will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Uni in Australia is not like the US, dont expect mad frat parties.

Expect everyone to have a Mac in your lectures .

aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kgzk111 View Post
    whos going to uts? most of my mates are at unsw, usyd and uws so i need some friends.
    im going to uts, mechanical/mechatronic engineering

Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EctoEndoMeso View Post
    starting unsw next week, i need some friends
    I live on campus at UNSW.

What course u doing brah?

mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100) mohamedmvp is not very well liked. (-100)
    talk to everyone you can during orientation especailly people in your subject as they will be in your lectures and **** and you will be able to chill with them, theyll introduce you to their friends then you'll be set

kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000) kgzk111 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by aesthetiQ View Post
    im going to uts, mechanical/mechatronic engineering
    nice brah, doing civil eng, we might have some classes together. have you been to the orientations? im gonna go to the faculty welcome tomoz and probably check out their gym.

mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcdojo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    aus uni is nothing like what americans unis seem like
    our unis seem more comparable to their community college in that:

everyone commutes - besides foreigners or country kids
    not really any uni parties on campus
    no frats or anything
    a lot of people come to class, and leave as soon as it's done - go to next class, or go home

aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) aesthetiQ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice brah, doing civil eng, we might have some classes together. have you been to the orientations? im gonna go to the faculty welcome tomoz and probably check out their gym.
    i got math modeling 1, eng communication, physical modelling and intro to mech/mech for semester 1

will be going tommorw too, fkn sucks thats its at 5;30 cuz i live on the coast, and will be like 3hours travel fro 1 hour orientation

Originally Posted by aesthetiQ View Post
    i got math modeling 1, eng communication, physical modelling and intro to mech/mech for semester 1

will be going tommorw too, fkn sucks thats its at 5;30 cuz i live on the coast, and will be like 3hours travel fro 1 hour orientation
    same except i got intro to civil/env eng. i hate how these cheeky kunts chose their timetables early cause now i got a ****ty timetable with like 3-4 hr breaks.

its just a ~30 minute train ride for me to get to central. you planning to live on campus? cause 3hrs travel sucks balls bro. if you got morning classes you gotta wake up heaps early.

same except i got intro to civil/env eng. i hate how these cheeky kunts chose their timetables early cause now i got a ****ty timetable with like 3-4 hr breaks.

its just a ~30 minute train ride for me to get to central. you planning to live on campus? cause 3hrs travel sucks balls bro. if you got morning classes you gotta wake up heaps early.
    i got and early offer, so i secured a pretty optimal timetable ages ago, 3 day weekends both semesters

and yeah the travel will suck, but ive never had part tiem job, so cant really afford too live up thier

maybe in the future tho, esp after we got that cash money from our internships

morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50) morri will become famous soon enough. (+50)

bro your gonna meet chicks... lots of chicks (certified babes 8-10/10)

im doing bachelor of exercise science brah and every chick thats there are hot, except for the couple butch/ugly/behomoth chicks.. there not so nice

first thing off to do is find someone you think you would get along well with and sit down with them in your first lecture,
    one of my best mates is one first people i met at uni!!

apart from that study your arse off and enjoy the sweet parties

At times wears blue pants Iriathz's Avatar
    Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Starting at QUT next week!
    Hoping for some fun times.

Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lukey89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just started my first year of uni after being a mechanic for 6 years. Left school when I was 15 and got into a trade. Came in expecting it to be somewhat like what I remember from high school, I have been to a few lectures and what I've seen so far is that eveybody has a Mac and everybody spends majority of the lecture ********ing the person thats sitting right next to them lol trying to find parking takes what feels like an hour.

Nothing like what I thought it would be. Good luck bro.