Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Football Running

About running in football:

Recently a teammate of mine notices that I lean/stoop forward when running/sprinting. Now I don't notice this at all when running, I just run naturally and concentrate on the game, so I was wondering if I should correct this and how? He says it's a posture issue probably.

Thanks for the help guys!

Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulleye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By the way this is American Football

gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't speak for variables like "protecting the ball", but I reckon that a lean is good for sprinting depending on the 'phase' of your run.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gonzo1483 View Post
    I can't speak for variables like "protecting the ball", but I reckon that a lean is good for sprinting depending on the 'phase' of your run.

This.

If you see sprinters, they are leaning and "digging" for more power. They don't become upright until they reach their top speed.

So if someone is running upright at the start, that is bad.

Originally Posted by gonzo1483 View Post

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    This.

If you see sprinters, they are leaning and "digging" for more power. They don't become upright until they reach their top speed.

So if someone is running upright at the start, that is bad.
    So you mean after the initial takeoff you should start to straighten your back as you reach top speed?

FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FieldBeast1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bulleye View Post
    About running in football:

Recently a teammate of mine notices that I lean/stoop forward when running/sprinting. Now I don't notice this at all when running, I just run naturally and concentrate on the game, so I was wondering if I should correct this and how? He says it's a posture issue probably.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Is this durring drills or just speed work? Usually the leaning is something that has to be taught as most begining sprinters want to stand up immediately. Are you leaning the entire sprint or just part?

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    Without looking at your running form it's hard to make any general recommendations. Btw are you a receiver or back?

justi123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So you mean after the initial takeoff you should start to straighten your back as you reach top speed?

Originally Posted by azstrengthcoach View Post
    Without looking at your running form it's hard to make any general recommendations. Btw are you a receiver or back?
    Yeah I'll try and get a video up maybe
    Receiver

Originally Posted by FieldBeast1 View Post
    Is this durring drills or just speed work? Usually the leaning is something that has to be taught as most begining sprinters want to stand up immediately. Are you leaning the entire sprint or just part?
    My teammate tells me I'm leaning the entire sprint but I don't feel like I'm leaning, as I said before I just run without really concentrating on my form..

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Without seeing your running form it's hard to say whether or not the lean should be corrected or not. If it's from the hips then you want to try and fix it by keeping your mid-foot, knees, hips & shoulders inline. However, a slight forward lean from the ankles is actually a better way to run than straight up and down. It takes away the braking impact of a heel strike from an upright position and utilizes the Achilles tendon (largest/strongest tendon in the body) as a giant spring to propel you forward. Honestly, if you haven't looked up proper running form I highly suggest you do, you'll benefit greatly from it whether you are a sprinter or distance runner.

Is breá liom mo eagla.