ezoQuix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up In need of expertise...

I'll give the basics of what I am looking for here in terms of opinion.

My sport is rock climbing/bouldering, the majority of my time is spent hanging with my arms, shoulders, and core TOTALLY engaged. I've been involved in the sport for about 8 years and have gained a tremendous amount of relative strength, but JUST for this sport. I'm a 25 y/o male, 5'9 and bounce between 145 - 150 lbs consistently. Weight is huge factor in climbing, the heavier you are, the harder it is to pull and make dynamic movements, so staying at a comfortable weight is mandatory.

This is where I'm having trouble: I want to gain more strength, but maintain my frame. It is so frustrating to me, because I can hop on a pull-up bar and pound out 30+ reps during my workouts, I'm able to complete fairly basic back/bicep or chest/tricep lists, and I can pick any sponsored workout plan and complete it, but no matter what I keep staying at this same strength level.

Can anyone just speak some truth about what I may need to adjust? I just do not feel any stronger in the past several seasons! I know that I'm a fairly slim dude, based on the dimensions I gave, but I really want to find a good balance here to clear this plateau. Any help at all would be appreciated.

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whats your diet look like?
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

Originally Posted by SwagMorris View Post
    Whats your diet look like?
    Not consistent enough to say. I've always been afraid to just eat, eat, eat and put on the pounds I guess. I focus on getting the basic groups in for sure.

What would you recommend with what I've explained I'm trying to accomplish?

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you sure it's more strength you're looking for, or is it longer endurance of the strength you already have? Seems you have plenty of strength to match the sport. How much more besides your own weight are you trying to haul?

Originally Posted by mrmrbill View Post
    Are you sure it's more strength you're looking for, or is it longer endurance of the strength you already have? Seems you have plenty of strength to match the sport. How much more besides your own weight are you trying to haul?
    It can be tricky adding a weight belt, or ankle weights, while climbing because of the very potentially high risk of tendon injury of the hands & fingers - so that is something I have not tried to implement there. I have not tried adding weights to myself while doing these pull-ups or other workouts consistently either.

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Umm, yeah. So again, are you sure it's more strength you're looking for ... ? Or is the strength you already have sufficient, but it wears out before you accomplish your mission?