Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Weight Lifting Shoes

Hey all,

What kind of shoes do you guys lift in? I have used Chuck Taylors in the past and liked them and for the last year have been wearing Vibram Five Fingers.

I love the Vibrams except lately as my squat went up they are being problematic.. I noticed my knees pointing out and I have been getting light pain in the arch of my foot.

Was thinking about investing in a weight training shoe.

What do you suggest?

THanks

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Yamar1 View Post
    Hey all,

What kind of shoes do you guys lift in? I have used Chuck Taylors in the past and liked them and for the last year have been wearing Vibram Five Fingers.

I love the Vibrams except lately as my squat went up they are being problematic.. I noticed my knees pointing out and I have been getting light pain in the arch of my foot.

Was thinking about investing in a weight training shoe.

What do you suggest?

THanks
    Check out this site, plenty of useful information
    http://wlshoes.com
    After reading all the reviews I've decided on Adidas Powerlift, like them a lot as they are quite comfortable and let you do other stuff like running on elliptical for quick warm up, also the heel height is ideal for powerlifting as recommended by Mark Rippetoe, you still can do deadlifting in them just fine. All out weigtlifting shoes like Adipower certainly look nice but could be a pain just to walk in a gym not to mention thinking about doing anything else.
    Reebok has very nice Crossfit Oly shoes, plastic, non compressible heel, soft (may be too soft to my taste) toebox, check them out, they are quite popular in Crossfit community.

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    Check out this site, plenty of useful information
    http://wlshoes.com
    After reading all the reviews I've decided on Adidas Powerlift, like them a lot as they are quite comfortable and let you do other stuff like running on elliptical for quick warm up, also the heel height is ideal for powerlifting as recommended by Mark Rippetoe, you still can do deadlifting in them just fine. All out weigtlifting shoes like Adipower certainly look nice but could be a pain just to walk in a gym not to mention thinking about doing anything else.
    Reebok has very nice Crossfit Oly shoes, plastic, non compressible heel, soft (may be too soft to my taste) toebox, check them out, they are quite popular in Crossfit community.
    Funny you mention that. Based on the research I have been doing that is the shoe that I am leaning toward. I think I will pull the trigger on it. The price is pretty steep but it may just help my squat improve.

THanks

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Yamar1 View Post
    Funny you mention that. Based on the research I have been doing that is the shoe that I am leaning toward. I think I will pull the trigger on it. The price is pretty steep but it may just help my squat improve.

THanks
    They are like the most affordable, good weightlifting shoes. Anyhow, Adidas is weightlifting shoes leader, these comments from the reviewer helped me finally make up my mind.
    http://wlshoes.com/review/adidas-powerlift-trainer/

"No, they don’t update me with item stock anymore. I don’t think these are discontinued, they sell too well. This is the third time now since their release that they have completely sold out – I guess Adidas didn’t expect such a demand for the shoes."

Don't worry about "compressible heel" concerns, I had over 550lb on them and haven't noticed any give, like I said, perhaps the ideal choice for powerlifting, the only Olympic lift I do is power clean and they do quite well.

KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KReyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I rock Chuck Taylors. But not just any ol Chuck Taylor, I have Eddie Van Halen 1550 Chuck Taylors!
    "Go home to your dumbbells, go work on your pecs and your lats! We're all REALLY impressed!"-Elaine Benes (The Parking Garage-1991)